this makes me sick to my stomach

aubiefifty

this is true as i googled it in disbelief. as someone who was molested it pisses me off that my tax dollars went to these guys. people say libs are godless. i say the caths and and so called servants of god who bilk old people out of their money are the cause. that and stupid crap like saying trump was chosen by god. give me a break. and i will never understand why religious leaders will not call out the crooks and those who harm religion with their actions every single day. i have never understood it and no one has ever explained why the real religious leaders allow some of these cats to damage something they cherish so much.

cath church.jpg

There is no entity called "The US Roman Catholic Church." There are lots of Catholic entities, and they applied for and got PPP so they could try to avoid laying people off. Just like other religions, non-profits, and businesses.  Non-profits, religious or otherwise, are not only critical for vulnerable members of a community, those they employ spend money in a local economy. The point wasn't just to keep businesses open, it was to keep money flowing in the economy, prevent foreclosures, keep folks off unemployment, etc.  And non-profit organizations do that just like for profit businesses do.

The tweet tries to take a nuanced situation and oversimplify it in an extremely slanted fashion.

But Titan, and I know your heart in this, You have to admit, the optics on this are just insanely bad. 

The PPP Money went far too much toward Big Whatever and too little went to the People. 
But as far as the corruption aspect of this, I am not surprised that Religious orgs are finding their way onto the Big Govt Tit. I just hope it dosnt come with so many strings attached later on. But you and I know this will only end badly. 

If the Roman Catholic Church doesnt have the resources to weather this, then no one has...

I am a practicing Catholic and I love my Church. This had absolutely zero to do with what a few bad priests did. “You don’t abandon Jesus because of Judas” please read the following in it’s entirety  

14 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

this is true as i googled it in disbelief. as someone who was molested it pisses me off that my tax dollars went to these guys. people say libs are godless. i say the caths and and so called servants of god who bilk old people out of their money are the cause. that and stupid crap like saying trump was chosen by god. give me a break. and i will never understand why religious leaders will not call out the crooks and those who harm religion with their actions every single day. i have never understood it and no one has ever explained why the real religious leaders allow some of these cats to damage something they cherish so much.

cath church.jpg

Please do some research. I have personally been assisted by our Church while in need and watch/watched them assist countless others. Some of the assistance includes: food, clothing, assistance with paying rent/utilities, school supplies/tuition at parochial schools, crisis pregnancies (that includes medical and financial care before, during, and after the birth of the baby it also helps the mother with caring for the child or finding an adoptive family). There are also Catholic outreach donation drives that go to specifically help minorities and marginalized communities. Outreach donations to benefit the elderly as well as visitation programs for the elderly and shut-ins. Yes, church members and representatives have been guilty of terrible things. However, the Church is and will continue to be the foundation of Christ our Lord and do his work. I will also add that many Bishops have criticized the president for many of his statements and stances, so I’m not sure which Catholic Priest or Bishop you’ve heard say the president was sent by God (it is in a Tuberville political add but not in a Church). 

28 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

Please do some research. I have personally been assisted by our Church while in need and watch/watched them assist countless others. Some of the assistance includes: food, clothing, assistance with paying rent/utilities, school supplies/tuition at parochial schools, crisis pregnancies (that includes medical and financial care before, during, and after the birth of the baby it also helps the mother with caring for the child or finding an adoptive family). There are also Catholic outreach donation drives that go to specifically help minorities and marginalized communities. Outreach donations to benefit the elderly as well as visitation programs for the elderly and shut-ins. Yes, church members and representatives have been guilty of terrible things. However, the Church is and will continue to be the foundation of Christ our Lord and do his work. I will also add that many Bishops have criticized the president for many of statements so I’m not sure which Catholic Priest or Bishop you’ve heard say the president was sent by God (it is in a Tuberville political add but not in a Church). 

i do not mind mixing the good with the bad. but coverups for years and years and all those kids hurt. i will not sugarcoat it as i know the effects of it firsthand. that damage never goes away. they found priests guilty and moved them to different areas and many did it again. but i never said the cath church did not do good things. most churches do. and i have even been to a couple of catholic services with an old girlfriend which i enjoyed. the evangelicals are the ones i saw come out and claim trump was the chosen one. i never saw anywhere that the catholic church said that and for that i apologize if it appears that was what i was saying. this is an emotional subject for me and i might not have stated it very well.

22 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i apologize if it appears that was what i was saying. this is an emotional subject for me and i might not have stated it very well.

You have nothing t apologize for in my opinion, and I’m very sorry about what happened to you. Now, to the issue you raised: I’m glad the church does a lot of good and provides a lot of services. And I strongly supported their tax exempt status several years ago. But as I came to know the depth of wealth the Catholic churches are sitting on (I took a trip to the Vatican) and as the Joel Osteen’s and Paula White’s of the world live in mansions and zip around in private jets, its harder and harder to justify the tax breaks or to explain the need for a government handout. 

56 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

that damage never goes away. they found priests guilty and moved them to different areas.

Which is terribly wrong and I won’t try to make excuses for it. The PEOPLE (some and the few more so than the majority) have done things to give the Church (as an institution) a black eye/bad name. However, the Church as a mission as Christ founded it has been far more instrumental in good than evil. I’m sorry for your pain/situation and I hope those that were responsible for it were held accountable. 

the first church i ever went to as a rug rat was an old country church up close to snead crossroads and the i believe winnville area. they had no indoor plumbing but they had a three seater outhouse........lol. the church looks just like an old white frame church.

but anyway there are tons of churches that help feed the poor around anniston about once a week. meat. fruit. dried beans. canned goods. they have kept a lot of people from going hungry and this makes me proud. and they do not make you attend church {the ones i know about} because they do not want you to feel forced to agree with their doctrine to feed your family.

as for as the molestation thing it took me years to admit it. my sister got way worse. it ruined her whole life. she ran away at thirteen or fourteen and got hooked on pills and booze.we honestly could not find her. my shame is i would refuse to talk to her because she would call in the middle of the night raising hell and drunk.she would call every christmas and i refused to talk to her but no one knew she had been molested over and over until she hit her fifties. then i felt like total garbage because i did not know and felt like i let her down. we got to spend about a year and a half with her before she passed on a christmas eve when her heart could not take the chemo. so now i carry this huge scar  that not only could i have done something but i did nothing. i have found venting helps and this is a place i feel safe venting because very few people know me in real life. i also bring it up as a reminder to watch your children very close.

24 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

You have nothing t apologize for in my opinion, and I’m very sorry about what happened to you. Now, to the issue you raised: I’m glad the church does a lot of good and provides a lot of services. And I strongly supported their tax exempt status several years ago. But as I came to know the depth of wealth the Catholic churches are sitting on (I took a trip to the Vatican) and as the Joel Osteen’s and Paula White’s of the world live in mansions and zip around in private jets, its harder and harder to justify the tax breaks or to explain the need for a government handout. 

Joel Osteen seems to be, on the surface, a shyster. Yes, the Vatican is ornate and beautifully decorated. However, it is thousands of years old and has been built and beautified more on “donation” from artists than anything. If you read the article I posted, that should help clarify any consternation. 

4 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

Which is terribly wrong and I won’t try to make excuses for it. The PEOPLE (some and the few more so than the majority) have done things to give the Church (as an institution) a black eye/bad name. However, the Church as a mission as Christ founded it has been far more instrumental in good than evil. I’m sorry for your pain/situation and I hope those that were responsible for it were held accountable. 

if it makes you feel better my sister got saved and she ended up being catholic. i have always felt grateful that someone in that church reached out to her when i would not.

There have been several attacks on the Church across the US this weekend from the West to the East. 😞🙏🏻  

11 hours ago, aubearcat said:

There have been several attacks on the Church across the US this weekend from the West to the East. 😞🙏🏻  

sounds like punks wanting to get in on the actions.

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

sounds like punks wanting to get in on the actions.

Indeed 

Archived