2020 AU Football Man Crush

ValleyTiger

I've had Offensive Linemen the last 2 years without much success so I am going with KJ Britt (I can't believe he is still available, but thank you).

1 hour ago, AUMASTERS said:

I've had Offensive Linemen the last 2 years without much success so I am going with KJ Britt (I can't believe he is still available, but thank you).

He was first off the board. So, pick again!

For me it's all the TE's. Would just be ecstatic if we target our TE's for passes at least 5 times per game. We have the talent now. Let's see it.

20 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

He was first off the board. So, pick again!

I swear I went back & looked at every post & saw the rules posted by Valley Tiger, but skipped right over his pick (Sorry Valley).. Give me Brandon Counsel ( I'll live & die with another Offensive Linemen).

• Like 2

Please update me to Caddy.  My favorite player as a student and possibly the greatest RB since Bo. 

2nd choice isn’t actually employed by Auburn but if you’ve watched coverage the last year you’ll know this fun fact:  current Auburn Qb Bo Nix is the son of former Auburn Qb Pat Nix.  Pat Nix came in for an injured Stan White in the Iron Bowl and threw a jump pass to arguably Auburn’s best Wr Frank Sanders that turned the game around.  Followed it up with another clutch pass against #1 Florida the next year.  Just in case you hadn’t heard of Pat Nix.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

THREE QUESTIONS WITH … LB K.J. BRITT

K.J. Britt, FB at LSU

Q: What does it mean to be able to go out and play this season? 

A: I'm anxious. Anxious to see the outcome, but I'm anxious just to see the foundation that we led and the process through March, through the quarantine, through July, through camp, through everything. I'm anxious to see all this pay off. Win or lose, we're going to fight our butt off. With everything we've been through, the adversity we've been through, I'm just anxious to put it all together – put it all together in the game we love, put it all together on the stage we want to be on. Just being out there, I can't wait. I'm getting butterflies. It's good butterflies. I just can't wait. It's like a kid going to the fair. I'm ready.

Q: Where are you at as a defense? 

A: We're in a pretty good spot. We're really athletic. We've got guys out there who really love football. It's really important to them. That's something that is going to set us apart – just the love for the game for us. We just have to stay healthy and stay strong.

Q: How significant was it for you to be named a captain? 

A: Growing up, that's something you dream about. Being a captain at an SEC school, that's a huge deal. Something I never ever take for granted. Being a captain here at Auburn University, knowing the people who were captains for me and the foundation they set, it was a huge honor. One that I couldn't really put into words. But it also gave me urgency. It also gave me a fire to my tank. It also gave me gas to my motor. It just gave me what I needed coming into the season and made want to go even harder for my teammates.

Forgive me for posting twice. I have already nominated the TE's, but man I want to see a whole lot more of Harold Joiner. He is a physical specimen that I think is being wasted by Gus. Get him the ball more often and I think it will pay dividends on offense.

16 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

Forgive me for posting twice. I have already nominated the TE's, but man I want to see a whole lot more of Harold Joiner. He is a physical specimen that I think is being wasted by Gus. Get him the ball more often and I think it will pay dividends on offense.

Not putting him on the depth chart is a trick! 😝 He’ll be an important piece to this offense I believe.

2 minutes ago, toddc said:

Not putting him on the depth chart is a trick! 😝 He’ll be an important piece to this offense I believe.

Dang i hope so!

My guy Eli Stove with a big touchdown. He never was going to match Seth's production but he's going to be a versatile- not sure Gus ever let Ryan Davis run that route that Eli scored on- and dependable weapon with significant playmaking ability after the catch.

Question, though: Anyone else feel like we saw a little more flash from all our guys after the catch?

• Like 1

Zakoby McClain changed his number on me last second (9) so it took me a second to find him on the field.  Eight tackles (five solo) yesterday.  Very solid performance.  I expect big things in the UGA game Zakoby!

D72633C5-3296-4C07-B3EE-3EDCFE8F12DC.jpeg

• Love 1

On 8/17/2020 at 7:15 PM, allforauburn said:

Give me the freak of the freshman class! Brandon Frazier is an absolute monster at 6'7 270. Not to mention that Keith Neibuhr said he is the best overall player in the class.

His game is my game, too.

• 4 weeks later...

My man, Zakoby McClain!

• 4️th in the FBS for total tackles (45).
• 5️th in the FBS for solo tackles (27).
• Averaging 13 tackles per game in last two starts.

• 4️th in the FBS for total tackles (45).
• 5️th in the FBS for solo tackles (27).
• Averaging 13 tackles per game in last two starts.

https://fb.watch/1gvhzr2iZt/

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Zakoby McClain is at it again!  2 solo tackles and 7 assists against LSU.  War Eagle!

image_handler.jpg

McClain brought the lumber a few times. Loved it.

• Love 1