Guess who's back...back again...

bigbird

If y'all don't mind, James is back in the ER and we could use your prayers again. Last night he presented with a low-grade fever and his line from his port was a little red. This morning, more red and swollen along with pain. We took him in and they're doing an ultrasound now. Temp is up to 103.9 and climbing, pulse is around 150. The pain, redness, and swelling has all increased throughout the day. They've done a blood draw and started him on Vancomycin and Rocephin. The ER Doc thinks that the initial infection from a month or so ago wasn't entirely knocked out or there was a pocket of infection that didn't get cleared. Either way, we're there a minimum of 3 days for the cultures. Thank y'all again for being here and taking time for my family.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

🙏🏻

Tell James his AU family is rooting for him this weekend!

Praying for all of you. 🙏

sorry to hear this bird. no child should have to go through that and no parents should have to witness it. i will continue to pray for you guys. i cannot imagine your hurt bird. i know the worry and fear is wearing you down and that bothers me as much as the rest of the situation. i hope down the road to read a story of you guys playing catch with a football down the road. remember my offer still stands.

I am so sorry that James is in the hospital again. I'll keep him, and your family in my prayers. He's getting the big guns from the antibiotic arsenal, so maybe this time the infection can be completely cleared up. 

6 hours ago, bigbird said:

If y'all don't mind, James is back in the ER and we could use your prayers again. Last night he presented with a low-grade fever and his line from his port was a little red. This morning, more red and swollen along with pain. We took him in and they're doing an ultrasound now. Temp is up to 103.9 and climbing, pulse is around 150. The pain, redness, and swelling has all increased throughout the day. They've done a blood draw and started him on Vancomycin and Rocephin. The ER Doc thinks that the initial infection from a month or so ago wasn't entirely knocked out or there was a pocket of infection that didn't get cleared. Either way, we're there a minimum of 3 days for the cultures. Thank y'all again for being here and taking time for my family.

Much love and prayers my Brother. May God heal and comfort. ❤️

@bigbird I've never met you and couldn't pluck you out of a 2 person line-up. But I've seen you in here for years, and I can tell you: you are loved. I have two kids, one is a ten year old son. When I read about James'  battle- I look over at my kids, and my heart breaks for you and James. My family is praying for yours; praying you all can push through this and reduce it to a rough memory. Be strong, Birds.

Prayers lifted.

Archived