Proposal: 4 Hour Presidential Debate Hosted by Joe Rogan...

DKW 86

Proposal: 4 Hour Presidential Debate Hosted by Joe Rogan...No crowd, No podiums, Just Biden, Trump and Rogen.
Trump has already said he is all in. Biden?

I would be very interested in this. No tries for the gotcha. Just straight up questions and no doubt being called out when you start to drift on the answers. 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

No way Biden would do it. 

I think it would be great.

It's a stupid bluff and Biden's team knows it. Hell, Trump isn't seriously suggesting it and only a brainless moron would take the suggestion seriously.

Oh, wait. Forgot the OP was a video from Krystal and Saagar 

10 minutes ago, AUDub said:

It's a stupid bluff and Biden's team knows it. Hell, Trump isn't seriously suggesting it and only a brainless moron would take the suggestion seriously.

Oh, wait. Forgot the OP was a video from Krystal and Saagar 

Horse hockey. No doubt Trump would be there. Biden won't get softballs from Rogan and his team knows it. Thus not happening. 

Krystal and Saagar nail the rot that is the media and why this would at least be entertaining. This is a new day and time, so why not? Make no mistake, this would be an event worth viewing. 

Hell, I'll host the party and you are all invited. Wings and beer? Ben brings two cases minimum. I got the wings. (bring your own towel if swimming)

20 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Horse hockey. No doubt Trump would be there. Biden won't get softballs from Rogan and his team knows it. Thus not happening. 

Nah he wouldn't. This is a softball. He knows Biden won't accept, nor should he, and this is bull**** meant to appeal to idiots. 

Like you.

Krystal and Saagar nail the rot that is the media and why this would at least be entertaining. This is a new day and time, so why not? Make no mistake, this would be an event worth viewing. 

Krystal and Saagar basically serve one purpose, to delegitimize the left. Krystal from the far left, Saagar from the right. 

They're both ******* morons. 

Hell, I'll host the party and you are all invited. Wings and beer? Ben brings two cases minimum. I got the wings. (bring your own towel if swimming)

There's why you take this stupid suggestion seriously. You're treating it like a WWE PPV. 

This is where we are now. The right on this forum is so damned stupid that this is all on par with professional wrestling.

No wonder fiddy had a hard time realizing Titan is a conservative. Y'all have gone mad. 

8 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Nah he wouldn't. This is a softball. He knows Biden won't accept, nor should he, and this is bull**** meant to appeal to idiots. 

Like you. Nope. I nailed it the first time, but I get the cowardice. This is a new day and time. It can be done but won't for precisely what I stated. Joe ain't coming bro. Period.

Krystal and Saagar basically serve one purpose, to delegitimize the left. Krystal from the far left, Saagar from the right. February 2020 AllSides blind bias survey found that The Hill maintains a Center bias, though on the border of Lean Left. During a blind bias survey, people who hail from all sides of the political spectrum and a diverse array of ages and geographic locations rate the bias of content from a media outlet blindly, meaning all identifying branding and information is removed.

They're both ******* morons. They nailed the media and why this would be an event worth viewing. Not some softball BS session.

There's why you take this stupid suggestion seriously. You're treating it like a WWE PPV. Why not? You prefer another lame debate?

9 minutes ago, AUDub said:

This is where we are now. The right on this forum is so damned stupid that this is all on par with professional wrestling.

No wonder fiddy had a hard time realizing Titan is a conservative. Y'all have gone mad. 

Drinking early are you Ben?

I hurt Ben's feelings by pointing out the truth. Oh well. :gofig:

13 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Drinking early are you Ben?

I hurt Ben's feelings by pointing out the truth. Oh well. :gofig:

It's obvious when nerves are struck.  Patently.  But the funniest thing right now in this forum is the "who's the smartest" thread.  Y'all have gone mad. 😆

4 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

It's obvious when nerves are struck.  Patently.  But the funniest thing right now in this forum is the "who's the smartest" thread.  Y'all have gone mad. 😆

Striking nerves can be entertaining. IIWII. ;D

I won't comment on the latter. SMH

This was proposed by Tim Kennedy? Not Hilltv. I think it would at least make the debates bearable God knows we do not need another coma inducing snooze fest where one side spends the next three days gaslighting the other side that what we all saw did not occur. 

3 hours ago, AUDub said:

:thumbsup:  Polarization in politics I understand, but this is more like a polarization in reality.

2 hours ago, ToraGirl said:

Welcome to the gutter ToraGirl!

3 hours ago, ToraGirl said:

I will admit to being strident and emotive. 

But that doesn't negate what I said.

13 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Nope. I nailed it the first time, but I get the cowardice. This is a new day and time. It can be done but won't for precisely what I stated. Joe ain't coming bro. Period.

It's a silly challenge and you know it. "Cowardice" lol. Might as well be suggesting they have the debate on smackdown with Booker T and Vince McMahon moderating. 

But they got the exact reaction they were gunning for from people like you.

February 2020 AllSides blind bias survey found that The Hill maintains a Center bias, though on the border of Lean Left. During a blind bias survey, people who hail from all sides of the political spectrum and a diverse array of ages and geographic locations rate the bias of content from a media outlet blindly, meaning all identifying branding and information is removed.

The Hill has major problems. Remember the Solomon debacle?

Solomon was also a producer for Hill.TV. 

They nailed the media and why this would be an event worth viewing. Not some softball BS session.

Solomon, one of Trump's biggest cheerleaders in the media, being a producer was a big tell regarding their editorial bent. I've never been a big fan, and I was a Sanders supporter, or at least a big supporter of his policies (his campaign was s***). Once this primary started to wrap up and it became clear Biden was the nominee, they started to show their true colors.

The moment the left should have began rallying around the Democratic nominee to defeat Trump, they ramped up the anti-Biden rhetoric hard, Tara Reade probably being the biggest example. Their goal became clear. They are a stalking horse whose goal is to divide the left for the benefit of the right. The goal is to bring together left-wing and right-wing populism for the benefit of the right.

And of course Ball herself is a s***ty journalist. She, along with Grim and Halper, hung Tara Reade out to dry by not fully vetting her before screaming her accusations from the rooftops in an effort to tank Biden after the primary was wrapped up. That was really s***ty on her part.

Why not? You prefer another lame debate?

If it was up to me, Chris Wallace would moderate every debate and they would be hosted on PBS. The format we have now has problems, yeah, but further silliness only delegitimizes them. 

who wants to sit through four hours of debate? really? and only two candidates?

I can't imagine listening to any politician for four hours straight, let alone these two. I will admit that Biden has looked far more composed and thoughtful recently than I can ever recall. That doesn't mean I would look forward to it.

The biggest thing I don't understand is why people think Trump is such a good debater. All he does is insult, throw out hyperbole, and get facts wrong. He'll go on and on about how the country under his leadership will be stronger and better, yet rarely gives specifics. After a four hour debate you'd be lucky to get two minutes of useful information out of him, but his supporters seem to love his bull-in-a-China-shop approach, which I've never understood. You can be strong without being insulting.

I agree with the view that this is a ridiculous idea. Certainly you want some amount of levity in debate, but that shouldn't apply to the whole concept of it. Electing the leaders of our country is a serious matter, and this concept would cheapen it. The view of an election as a contest akin to sports in my opinion has been a big part of what has led to such polarization and refusal to compromise. It's become winner-take all, and this is one of my biggest problems with Trump. The WWE mentality was mentioned above. Of course this type of debate would appeal to a reality show buffoon who has actually appeared on WWE.

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

who wants to sit through four hours of debate? really? and only two candidates?

It would be thirty minutes of debate then three and a half hours of Rogan trying to get them to take a rip from a bong or asking if they've ever tried DMT. 

2 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

I can't imagine listening to any politician for four hours straight, let alone these two. I will admit that Biden has looked far more composed and thoughtful recently than I can ever recall. That doesn't mean I would look forward to it.

The biggest thing I don't understand is why people think Trump is such a good debater. All he does is insult, throw out hyperbole, and get facts wrong. He'll go on and on about how the country under his leadership will be stronger and better, yet rarely gives specifics. After a four hour debate you'd be lucky to get two minutes of useful information out of him, but his supporters seem to love his bull-in-a-China-shop approach, which I've never understood. You can be strong without being insulting.

I agree with the view that this is a ridiculous idea. Certainly you want some amount of levity in debate, but that shouldn't apply to the whole concept of it. Electing the leaders of our country is a serious matter, and this concept would cheapen it. The view of an election as a contest akin to sports in my opinion has been a big part of what has led to such polarization and refusal to compromise. It's become winner-take all, and this is one of my biggest problems with Trump. The WWE mentality was mentioned above. Of course this type of debate would appeal to a reality show buffoon who has actually appeared on WWE.

people love to call joe creepy but creepy is trump stalking hillary during the debates. i love rogans humor but he is right leaning from what i gather. i am not sure he would be unbiased. at least he smokes pot. shrugs............

31 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

The biggest thing I don't understand is why people think Trump is such a good debater. All he does is insult, throw out hyperbole, and get facts wrong. He'll go on and on about how the country under his leadership will be stronger and better, yet rarely gives specifics.

But to MAGA's, that's what a debate is

Trump cannot even string a couple of complete sentences together.  It's word salad full of racist and calls-for-violence dog whistles. 

Only fools respond to such fear mongering but Trump knows his base, which is why he does it.;)

29 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

people love to call joe creepy but creepy is trump stalking hillary during the debates. i love rogans humor but he is right leaning from what i gather. i am not sure he would be unbiased. at least he smokes pot. shrugs............

Rogan is admittedly more left than right. He is reasonable and open minded, which may be what is confusing you into thinking he is right leaning.  ;) 

1 minute ago, johnnyAU said:

Rogan is admittedly more left than right. He is reasonable and open minded, which may be what is confusing you into thinking he is right leaning.  ;) 

last stuff i saw on him was on youtube and he sure was leaning right then. and i did not call him a liar or anything. i know you did not accuse me but i still wanted to make that clear.

Archived