The destruction of America built on a two party system

creed

I agree.  Good article and thanks for posting.

What we have here is institutional failure.  I am becoming more and more convinced that we have outgrown or evolved politically beyond the existing system.  Radical changes are needed.

Along the same lines of institutional failure, see:

Here's the disturbing part to me in that both parties almost force the voter to go all-in for their platform. In my opinion neither party is or can be perfect in its method of legislating. Also, individuals running for office, with diverse ideas for legislating, practically have to toe a party line to receive monetary support. So the two party system practically dumbs down a voter and their vote via limited choice. 

There are so many things horrible about the way things currently work. They won't put up a bill with only one topic that could then be debated based on its merit. Instead they lump several things together for political and pork reasons. Then they can seem honest when they vote strictly along party lines. Our government will not even pass legislation that both parties and all of the people are in favor of.

And now they hardly even vote on bills. It seems that they won't vote on major bills unless they party in power knows that his/her party will win the vote. This keeps the member of congress from having to stick their necks out to make a vote. Since Congress does not have to vote on sensitive issues there is no way that the voters can hold Congress accountable.

Archived