President Trump refuses to commit to a peaceful transfer of power

TitanTiger

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

That is probably part of it, but I think the bigger issue is that he is using the office to enrich himself and his family and- since he is incapable of succeeding at business based by any legitimate means- he is desperate to not get thrown off this gravy train. 

i was going by what coen said was trumps biggest fear. remember his taxes will be fair game if not before the election then after and if he wins he might still have presidential protections.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

You people are insane. If he loses he will disappear.  BTW who was it that actually did refuse to accept the results of an election???  Oh yeah Hillary.  And the entire democrat party. Including many on this board. You spent 4 years trying to reverse it or destroy it to no avail. So don’t come preaching to us about Trump refusing to accept the results.

you need to bookmark this thread and we will discuss it after it is all over.

hey here is something else for you selfish trumpers that will not call him out publicly. if he does try this how long will it be before a republican gets in office again? the same with his enablers in the senate and congress. a real american will put country above party. remember that.

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

And this apathy, even more than actual right-wing extremists, is why we are well and truly ******. 

Ugh, this is why I really should just be a browser of this forum and not a poster. I don't mean to appear apathetic, I just believe that our systems will prevent him from overruling an election.

I love how it is assumed that the Trumper’s won’t go with whatever Trump’s excuse for losing and not leaving is, if that were to happen. They will NEVER kick him out of the White House. EVER! And anyone who thinks they will hasn’t been paying attention. They’re also never going to admit that they were wrong about how he will deal with this. If he refuses to concede defeat and says he is staying put, they are just going to hit us with the “everything changed when _________ happened” line. His base is with him until the bitter end and so is the GOP. Don’t fool yourself by thinking they will ever grow a sack and do what they have to for the country. 

42 minutes ago, jared52 said:

I have zero love for the guy, but I 100% believe that many of his comments are either messing with the media, him being taken out of context to fit a narrative (which may or may not be true), or him being a typical rich person who has no idea what it's like to be the vast majority Americans. He's going to get trounced in Nov because of it though. 

Thank you.

Noon, 1-20-2021 The American Military will cease to have to take orders from him. It will end then either peacefully or violently. The Orange Man will choose peacefully. 
Guys, the American Military have no oath to Trump. In Nazi Germany, something that apparently 90% of this board doesnt know s*** about, the Army was sworn to...ADOLPH HITLER. 

Nazi Oath: 

Führer oath[edit]

Wehrmacht oath[edit]

On 16 March 1935 the German government renamed the Reichswehr, it became the Wehrmacht (defence force)[7]

Ich schwöre bei Gott diesen heiligen Eid,
daß ich dem Führer des Deutschen Reiches und Volkes
Adolf Hitler, dem Oberbefehlshaber der Wehrmacht,
unbedingten Gehorsam leisten und als tapferer Soldat bereit sein will,
jederzeit für diesen Eid mein Leben einzusetzen.

Wehrmacht Oath of Loyalty to Adolf Hitler

"I swear to God this holy oath
that I shall render unconditional obedience
to the Leader of the German Reich and people,
Adolf Hitler,
supreme commander of the armed forces,
and that as a brave soldier I shall at all times be prepared
to give my life for this oath."[8]

When the oath became law in July 1935, civilian officials would swear a similar oath.

Civil servant oath[edit]

Diensteid der öffentlichen Beamten

Ich schwöre: Ich werde dem Führer des Deutschen Reiches und Volkes
Adolf Hitler treu und gehorsam sein, die Gesetze beachten,
und meine Amtspflichten gewissenhaft erfüllen, so wahr mir Gott helfe.

Public servants Oath to Adolf Hitler

"I swear: I will be faithful and obedient
to the leader of the German Reich and people, Adolf Hitler,
to observe the law, and to conscientiously fulfill my official duties, so help me God!"[8]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

US Military Oath: I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

Big difference. Nazis swore oath to Hitler by name. American Military swear oath to Constitution and Legal Officeholders in WH and Congress. We defend the Constitution against ALL ENEMIES, Foreign & DOMESTIC. 

To think that there is a reality where Donald ******* Trump, the largest ego on the planet, says “I lost fair and square”, is absolutely fooling. He was always going to act like this, because he can’t mentally fathom a situation where he doesn’t win and get what he wants. It’s just not in him. If the pandemic and mail in voting wasn’t a thing, it would have been illegal immigrants voting. If there were no illegals, it would be the deep state plotting against him and tampering with the ballots. Part of his self importance is that he never loses fairly. He was always going to feed a big pile of bull**** to his base and they were always going to take it as the gospel. 

1 minute ago, DKW 86 said:

Thank you.

Noon, 1-20-2021 The American Military will cease to have to take orders from him. 

You're assuming there will be a clear-cut winner. The argument is that Trump has laid so much groundwork to de-legitimize the election that the legal winner may be in doubt, so it will be unclear as to whom should be sworn in. Trump is the king of lawsuits. Do you really believe he won't try to tie this up in courts and use every dirty tactic in his arsenal to get the outcome he wants?

And do you think he won't tell his followers to take to the streets to protest? I guess we'll see then whether those who say Republicans would never riot and destroy are right.

26 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

And do you think he won't tell his followers to take to the streets to protest? I guess we'll see then whether those who say Republicans would never riot and destroy are right.

That so many- like several contributors here- are more concerned about brown people roaming the streets with bricks- aimed at windows- than they are white people roaming the streets with assault rifles- aimed at humans- kind of puts that to bed already. 

50 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

You're assuming there will be a clear-cut winner. The argument is that Trump has laid so much groundwork to de-legitimize the election that the legal winner may be in doubt, so it will be unclear as to whom should be sworn in. Trump is the king of lawsuits. Do you really believe he won't try to tie this up in courts and use every dirty tactic in his arsenal to get the outcome he wants?

No clear legal winner means Pelosi takes over. You think he could deal with that?

NPR is trying to be optimistic here, but I don't read these tweets quite the same way they do. I don't view them as direct rebukes of the comments. None of them address the possibility of ambiguity in the election results. Thoughts?

Shortly after his remarks, Sen. Mitt Romney, R-Utah, tweeted his vehement disapproval: "Fundamental to democracy is the peaceful transition of power; without that, there is Belarus. Any suggestion that a president might not respect this Constitutional guarantee is both unthinkable and unacceptable."

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

NPR is trying to be optimistic here, but I don't read these tweets quite the same way they do. I don't view them as direct rebukes of the comments. None of them address the possibility of ambiguity in the election results. Thoughts?

I personally think it will be a blowout with Biden winning. Nothing scientific, just my intuition....which has been right the last several elections. 

1 hour ago, Leftfield said:

No he won’t tell his followers to take to the streets. And we would not even if he did.  You have completely misunderstood what Trumps supporters will be willing to do. 

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

hey here is something else for you selfish trumpers that will not call him out publicly. if he does try this how long will it be before a republican gets in office again? the same with his enablers in the senate and congress. a real american will put country above party. remember that.

Then there are few real Americans in the democrat party.

Just now, jj3jordan said:

No he won’t tell his followers to take to the streets. And we would not even if he did.  You have completely misunderstood what Trumps supporters will be willing to do. 

As I said, if he loses we'll see. I also said I'll be happy to be proven wrong.

4 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

I personally think it will be a blowout with Biden winning. Nothing scientific, just my intuition....which has been right the last several elections. 

I agree that a true representation of general American sentiment would result in a Biden blowout. Just hope the votes are cast, counted and acknowledged appropriately. 

45 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Armed protesters entered Michigan’s state Capitol during rally against stay-at-home order

Katelyn Burns

Hundreds of demonstrators — some of them heavily armed — crowded into Michigan’s state Capitol Thursday afternoon to protest against Democratic Gov. Gretchen Whitmer’s shelter-at-home order.

The demonstration began outside the Capitol early in the day in heavy rain, but later in the afternoon, police allowed several hundred protesters — many not wearing masks — inside the building itself.

Protesters stood in the gallery while others attempted to gain access to the House floor, cramming themselves into the entryway chanting “Let us in!” They were held at bay by the chamber’s sergeant at arms.

Protest moves inside Michigan Capitol. Crowd attempts to get onto Hoise floor. Lots of Michigan State Police and House sergeants at arms blocking door. pic.twitter.com/4FNQpimP4W

— Rod Meloni (@RodMeloni) April 30, 2020

While not all the protesters were armed, there were some armed men in the crowd inside. Michigan is an open-carry state, and people are allowed to openly carry inside the state Capitol, though signs and banners are banned from the building to prevent potential damage to the architecture.

Democratic state Sen. Dayna Polehanki tweeted that some of her colleagues had worn bulletproof vests to cast their votes.

Directly above me, men with rifles yelling at us. Some of my colleagues who own bullet proof vests are wearing them. I have never appreciated our Sergeants-at-Arms more than today. #mileg pic.twitter.com/voOZpPYWOs

— Senator Dayna Polehanki (@SenPolehanki) April 30, 2020

Journalist Anna Liz Nichols of the nonprofit news organization Michigan Advance tweeted that she was hit by the butt of a protester’s rifle, later clarifying that she’s “completely fine.”

As the protests progressed, chants of “lock her up,” and “heil Whitmer,” broke out inside the Capitol building.

The “American Patriot Rally” was organized in response to a vote being debated in the state legislature Thursday on whether to continue Michigan’s state of emergency, which was declared on March 10 to address the coronavirus pandemic.

The Republican-held legislature ultimately voted to revoke the emergency declaration Thursday as protesters looked on. Republican state legislators are now preparing to sue the governor over her shelter-at-home order, despite a state court ruling Wednesday that said the order was constitutional.

As of April 30, Michigan has over 41,300 confirmed coronavirus cases and over 3,700 deaths, according to state government data.

Whitmer’s shelter-at-home order has been in place since March 23, but she loosened the order’s breadth in her latest extension last Friday, allowing landscapers, lawn-service companies, plant nurseries, and bike repair shops to reopen under strict social distancing measures. The order also allows some outdoor recreational activity to be resumed.

According to NBC News, a group called Michigan United for Liberty (MUFL) organized Thursday’s rally. The same group organized the first protest against social distancing in the state on April 7.

MUFL’s Facebook event group for Thursday’s protest was taken down by Facebook last week, according to VICE News. Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg told Good Morning America on April 20 that groups organizing social distancing protests classify as “harmful misinformation” and said the company would take down posts promoting such events.

Michigan has been a hot spot for right-wing protests against the governor’s social distancing policies. On April 16, a different conservative group, Michigan Conservative Coalition, along with the Education Secretary Betsy DeVos-linked group Michigan Freedom Fund, organized “Operation Gridlock” to protest against Whitmer’s executive actions.

Operation Gridlock was initially supposed to consist of protesters driving around in their cars and trucks, honking their horns, and creating noise to protest against the shelter-at-home order.

But some protesters eventually left their vehicles, snarling traffic, and preventing health care workers from getting to work on time, turning the event into a makeshift political rally. Some attendees wore “Make America Great Again” gear while others displayed confederate flags. As with Thursday’s protest, some armed men gathered on the steps of the state Capitol.

The next morning, President Donald Trump tweeted in support of the protest.

The Michigan protests are part of a larger series of conservative protest campaigns against shelter-at-home orders and other social distancing policies that have spanned multiple states. Many of the protest groups rely on a small pool of conservative financiers; organizers of the actual protests are typically locally-based.

As Vox’s Jane Coaston explained, these protests in Michigan and elsewhere are partly about the specifics of the lockdowns put in place in the various states and the economic hardship they’ve created. But, Coaston says, “many of those involved in the protests are connected not by mere concern” over these policies, “but by their efforts to reelect the president.”

“Trump’s political gambit requires that the coronavirus becomes a pandemic of Democratic governors and the fault of blue states while other states get right back to business as usual,” Coaston wrote.

pretty sure these were trump supporters...............

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

That so many- like several contributors here- are more concerned about brown people roaming the streets with bricks- aimed at windows- than they are white people roaming the streets with assault rifles- aimed at humans- kind of puts that to bed already. 

More and more Liberals are arming themselves too in preparation for an event such as this. 

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

More and more Liberals are arming themselves too in preparation for an event such as this. 

An entire country willingly and knowingly walking into a burning building.

I can't believe I have to raise my kids in this.

4 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Yes, anytime Trump says something stupid, offensive, or concerning it's always because he's just messing with the media.  You must take your kool-aid intravenously by the barrel.

As if that excuses it. :-\

Just another example of being unfit for the office.

4 hours ago, Grumps said:

Trump is not "just messing with the media." He is using the media's stupid question to excite his base.

Do you think the question was reasonable? If I ask you, "Will you accept the results of the upcoming election?" you will not say "yes" because you have no idea what might happen. There would be no good reason for you to answer the question without knowing how the election results will be determined. I think Trump feels the same way about the question that he was asked.

Trump may be a scumbag, but he's not stupid all of the time.

And that's the problem if you are speaking generally. 

But there's no real logic behind it

We are an advanced country who can put people on the moon.  There is no reason for any of us to think we are incapable of counting the votes in an election.  Trump is clearly laying the groundwork in anticipation of another Florida 2000. 

IMO, that was an aberration of poor technology, politics and an unimaginably close election.  Hopefully at least the technology issues were addressed.  The political issues still exist (see laws restricting eligibility) but I doubt counting the votes will be corrupted politically.  We'll just have hope for larger margins between the votes.

Trump is not making his statements about "the coming Democratic election scam using mail in ballots" because he's honestly unsure of the legitimacy of the voting process. 

He's making them because he's anticipating ways for him to steal the election.

11 hours ago, bigbird said:

I'm sure he'll claim something, but do people really think he could get away with it?  If he didn't transfer power, he would be forcibly removed. Congress, the court, and the military would ensure it. He wouldn't have a choice, no matter what plans or groundwork he has in place. JMO

Frankly,  at this point, I don't see anything that would change the minds of his ~40% "base" about him.  That many people would make for a serious conflict.

It sounds crazy, but the devotion of his base is no less crazy.

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

Armed protesters entered Michigan’s state Capitol during rally against stay-at-home order

Katelyn Burns

Hundreds of demonstrators — some of them heavily armed — crowded into Michigan’s state Capitol Thursday afternoon to protest against Democratic Gov. Gretchen Whitmer’s shelter-at-home order.

The demonstration began outside the Capitol early in the day in heavy rain, but later in the afternoon, police allowed several hundred protesters — many not wearing masks — inside the building itself.

Protesters stood in the gallery while others attempted to gain access to the House floor, cramming themselves into the entryway chanting “Let us in!” They were held at bay by the chamber’s sergeant at arms.

Protest moves inside Michigan Capitol. Crowd attempts to get onto Hoise floor. Lots of Michigan State Police and House sergeants at arms blocking door. pic.twitter.com/4FNQpimP4W

— Rod Meloni (@RodMeloni) April 30, 2020

While not all the protesters were armed, there were some armed men in the crowd inside. Michigan is an open-carry state, and people are allowed to openly carry inside the state Capitol, though signs and banners are banned from the building to prevent potential damage to the architecture.

Democratic state Sen. Dayna Polehanki tweeted that some of her colleagues had worn bulletproof vests to cast their votes.

Directly above me, men with rifles yelling at us. Some of my colleagues who own bullet proof vests are wearing them. I have never appreciated our Sergeants-at-Arms more than today. #mileg pic.twitter.com/voOZpPYWOs

— Senator Dayna Polehanki (@SenPolehanki) April 30, 2020

Journalist Anna Liz Nichols of the nonprofit news organization Michigan Advance tweeted that she was hit by the butt of a protester’s rifle, later clarifying that she’s “completely fine.”

As the protests progressed, chants of “lock her up,” and “heil Whitmer,” broke out inside the Capitol building.

The “American Patriot Rally” was organized in response to a vote being debated in the state legislature Thursday on whether to continue Michigan’s state of emergency, which was declared on March 10 to address the coronavirus pandemic.

The Republican-held legislature ultimately voted to revoke the emergency declaration Thursday as protesters looked on. Republican state legislators are now preparing to sue the governor over her shelter-at-home order, despite a state court ruling Wednesday that said the order was constitutional.

As of April 30, Michigan has over 41,300 confirmed coronavirus cases and over 3,700 deaths, according to state government data.

Whitmer’s shelter-at-home order has been in place since March 23, but she loosened the order’s breadth in her latest extension last Friday, allowing landscapers, lawn-service companies, plant nurseries, and bike repair shops to reopen under strict social distancing measures. The order also allows some outdoor recreational activity to be resumed.

According to NBC News, a group called Michigan United for Liberty (MUFL) organized Thursday’s rally. The same group organized the first protest against social distancing in the state on April 7.

MUFL’s Facebook event group for Thursday’s protest was taken down by Facebook last week, according to VICE News. Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg told Good Morning America on April 20 that groups organizing social distancing protests classify as “harmful misinformation” and said the company would take down posts promoting such events.

Michigan has been a hot spot for right-wing protests against the governor’s social distancing policies. On April 16, a different conservative group, Michigan Conservative Coalition, along with the Education Secretary Betsy DeVos-linked group Michigan Freedom Fund, organized “Operation Gridlock” to protest against Whitmer’s executive actions.

Operation Gridlock was initially supposed to consist of protesters driving around in their cars and trucks, honking their horns, and creating noise to protest against the shelter-at-home order.

But some protesters eventually left their vehicles, snarling traffic, and preventing health care workers from getting to work on time, turning the event into a makeshift political rally. Some attendees wore “Make America Great Again” gear while others displayed confederate flags. As with Thursday’s protest, some armed men gathered on the steps of the state Capitol.

The next morning, President Donald Trump tweeted in support of the protest.

The Michigan protests are part of a larger series of conservative protest campaigns against shelter-at-home orders and other social distancing policies that have spanned multiple states. Many of the protest groups rely on a small pool of conservative financiers; organizers of the actual protests are typically locally-based.

As Vox’s Jane Coaston explained, these protests in Michigan and elsewhere are partly about the specifics of the lockdowns put in place in the various states and the economic hardship they’ve created. But, Coaston says, “many of those involved in the protests are connected not by mere concern” over these policies, “but by their efforts to reelect the president.”

“Trump’s political gambit requires that the coronavirus becomes a pandemic of Democratic governors and the fault of blue states while other states get right back to business as usual,” Coaston wrote.

pretty sure these were trump supporters...............

Trump's coronavirus pandemic response in action!

Archived