4 - 6 or maybe 5 - 5 if we're lucky

japantiger

Who will Auburn beat for the remainder of the season:

• Ole Miss - maybe ... but it will be high scoring and I don't think we can keep up
  • AL - will beat Auburn 70 points and will still be throwing while the clock expires to pay Gus back for last year
  • Miss State - nope ... 
  • LSU - hell no
  • Arky - maybe ... this is the saddest of all
  • TN - not gonna happen ... 
  • SC - maybe
  • TAMU - toss up .. we look that bad and they looked god-awful against Bama today

4 and 6 this year is in our grasp...5-5 in a good case...will Gus keep his job with either of these records? 

6 minutes ago, japantiger said:

• Ole Miss - maybe ... but it will be high scoring and I don't think we can keep up
  • AL - will beat Auburn 70 points and will still be throwing while the clock expires to pay Gus back for last year
  • Miss State - nope ... 
  • LSU - hell no
  • Arky - maybe ... this is the saddest of all
  • SC - maybe
  • TAMU - toss up .. we look that bad and they looked god-awful against Bama today

4 and 6 this year is in our grasp...5-5 in a good case...will Gus keep his job with either of these records? 

May not be a popular opinion, but it might be best to just sacrifice the next four years to get the facility built by the time his contract ends, and then hire a new guy. Which do you guys think we should choose?

Auburn will lose to Alabama and Tennessee due to quality of their lines.  Should win the rest.  Auburn missing a lot on defense tonight and will get better on offense against weaker teams.  6-4 or 7-3.  About on target per usual.

Auburn will lose to LSU, Alabama, Miss. State and Tennessee. That gives Auburn a 5-5 record and that's if their really lucky. Heck, they might even lose to Ole Miss. That would give AU a 4-6 mark. Gus is now 2-7 against Georgia.

We lead the series with GA; until Gus took over.  We didn't score a ******* TD tonight and barely had 200 yds....39 yds rushing....39...and another 50% Comp % performance from Nix.   

I'm going out on a limb...we'll beat Arky....I have confidence in our players..

10 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Auburn will lose to Alabama and Tennessee due to quality of their lines.  Should win the rest.  Auburn missing a lot on defense tonight and will get better on offense against weaker teams.  6-4 or 7-3.  About on target per usual.

Weaker teams?  The only weaker teams in the country have to run through paper signs prior to kickoff. This looks like the least physical AU football team in years.

I still see 8-9 wins, and that’s the problem. We outmatches UGA last night and they still curb stomped us. We should’ve beat them last year too. In 2018, we shouldn’t have lost to Tennessee. In 2016, we shouldn’t have lost to Clemson. In 2015, we shouldn’t have opened the season with 5 QBs. Going back to his first year, we shouldn’t have lost to FSU in the championship. Gus has a habit of dropping 1-2 games every year that we should win, and , by seasons end, we still end up with a decent record and at least 1-2 signature wins. Gus’s teams generally haven’t been bad as much as they’ve been horribly inconsistent. 
I made fun of UGA when they fired Mark Richt after a winning season. But now AU get it because Richt had the same kind of problems Gus has. It’s one thing to just be outmatched, and to lose to a team that outmatches you. (Most of the good teams not named Alabama do occasionally hit rebuilding mode.) But to lose to a team that you have better personnel than is just unacceptable. 

Mark Right was a good coach for Georgia.  He ave 10 wins a season. Malzahn has won 10 or more games only twice in his 8 years on the Plains.

7 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Mark Right was a good coach for Georgia.  He ave 10 wins a season. Malzahn has won 10 or more games only twice in his 8 years on the Plains.

I would gladly take Mark Richt-like results if it meant winning 10 games year in and year out. Problem is under Gus we effectively need an odd year to even have a shot at doing that.

If a pre-season top 10 team finished with 4 wins on the season, Gus can pack his bags. If that happens we will be in the market for a new coach come December. 

I would not be the least bit surprised if we beat everyone except LSU and Bama. And guess what people will be fine with that because they are more talented than us. 

8 hours ago, AUFriction said:

I still see 8-9 wins, and that’s the problem. We outmatches UGA last night and they still curb stomped us. We should’ve beat them last year too. In 2018, we shouldn’t have lost to Tennessee. In 2016, we shouldn’t have lost to Clemson. In 2015, we shouldn’t have opened the season with 5 QBs. Going back to his first year, we shouldn’t have lost to FSU in the championship. Gus has a habit of dropping 1-2 games every year that we should win, and , by seasons end, we still end up with a decent record and at least 1-2 signature wins. Gus’s teams generally haven’t been bad as much as they’ve been horribly inconsistent. 
I made fun of UGA when they fired Mark Richt after a winning season. But now AU get it because Richt had the same kind of problems Gus has. It’s one thing to just be outmatched, and to lose to a team that outmatches you. (Most of the good teams not named Alabama do occasionally hit rebuilding mode.) But to lose to a team that you have better personnel than is just unacceptable. 

You and I have had our problems but honestly I think you’re one of the most level-headed posters on here...that said, you think we can still win 8 or 9? To do that we’d have to go unbeaten the rest of the way or at worst win 7 out of 8( To get to 8 wins).  That ain’t happen capn.  I could see 6-4 if there is improvement. To me thats our ceiling. The floor...I don’t wanna think about it. 

10 minutes ago, DAG said:

I would not be the least bit surprised if we beat everyone except LSU and Bama. And guess what people will be fine with that because they are more talented than us. 

LSU should be a win. If this team wins against everyone except Alabama (but played well and was competitive), and showed improvement every week I would be fine with that. We could chalk it up as a rebuild after losing DB and MD on defense. 

13 minutes ago, TurfMonster said:

LSU should be a win. If this team wins against everyone except Alabama (but played well and was competitive), and showed improvement every week I would be fine with that. We could chalk it up as a rebuild after losing DB and MD on defense. 

Just curious why you think LSU should be a win?

3 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

Just curious why you think LSU should be a win?

They are very very young. Talented but also inexperienced. We will hopefully be better by then and it is at home. 

2 hours ago, TurfMonster said:

They are very very young. Talented but also inexperienced. We will hopefully be better by then and it is at home. 

The only thing is they will also be better by then and I would bet they improve at a rate faster than we do.

• Ole Miss - maybe ... but it will be high scoring and I don't think we can keep up...they will pound us.
  • AL - will beat Auburn 70 points and will still be throwing while the clock expires to pay Gus back for last year...make that 80
  • Miss State - nope ... 
  • LSU - hell no
  • Arky - maybe ... this is the saddest of all complete s*** show...but a win
  • SC - maybe
  • TAMU - toss up .. we look that bad and they looked god-awful against Bama today No longer a toss up...they appear to be finding themselves.  They looked very solid today and sorted out the issues that held them back against Bama.

4 and 6 this year is in our grasp...5-5 in a good case...will Gus keep his job with either of these records? Yep...sticking with 4-6 as most likely.  You can't win without an offense; or 3rd down defense for that matter...

Miss State and LSU may be more lost than Auburn at the moment.  Ole Miss and South Carolina will be interesting.  Bama and UT will be tough but not impossible. Who knows what either team will look like by TaMu.  Auburn will get better and return some veteran players from injuries so things could improve.

We will lose to Ole Miss, Tenn, Texas A&M, LSU, and Alabama. Wins against SCAR, Miss St. 

Terrible year. But we won't fire the coach because of that stupid a$$ contract. 

We're stuck with him for two more years. 

30 minutes ago, woodford said:

South Carolina and MSU are the only toss ups left. No way we keep up with Ole Miss and TAMU. 

How was that different than the beginning of the season. Three starters out, and probably more injuries on the way. Remember how great miss st looked, uat has no defense, Am got lucky, LSU who knows, Florida, hunchback blamed the loss on the crowd.

dont count out Covid impacting the games coming up, (Vandy already has been)

Archived