Gus's Buyout Specifics

twilli13

11 hours ago, twilli13 said:

Does Gus's buyout not have the clause in it that if he gets a new job we can reduce payments to him by whatever that amount is? Or am I remembering the way buyouts work wrong. 

Gus probably isn't going anywhere, unless Belichick retires.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

All potential losses.

We beat USCe; they're terrible. We beat all below average teams, lose to all good teams, and any average team is a coin flip this year. In terms of quality, we are a 5 or 6 win team. Given our prestige, this is under achieving. 

21 minutes ago, hutchids said:

We beat USCe; they're terrible. We beat all below average teams, lose to all good teams, and any average team is a coin flip this year. In terms of quality, we are a 5 or 6 win team. Given our prestige, this is under achieving. 

Where exactly do we fall on that scale? 

Therein lies the answer.

1 minute ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Where exactly do we fall on that scale? 

Therein lies the answer.

We're average, which is why we aren't blowing anyone out this year.

Just now, hutchids said:

See, from where I sit we’re below average with respect to the rest of the SEC. 

I just can't help but think...who else is out there? Does everyone really want to go down the path where we get a new coach, and a new system that may take up to 4 to 6 years of suck ball to give a fair chance to judge? The new OC, the injurys ....loosing to GA that might be the best team in the country...I mean, what are we asking for here really?  A coach that will make us undefeated for the next 10 years? Lol

2 minutes ago, hutchids said:

We're below average.  We just escaped a visit from the perennial basement dwellers.   

8 minutes ago, SaturdayGT said:

I just can't help but think...who else is out there? Does everyone really want to go down the path where we get a new coach, and a new system that may take up to 4 to 6 years of suck ball to give a fair chance to judge? The new OC, the injurys ....loosing to GA that might be the best team in the country...I mean, what are we asking for here really?  A coach that will make us undefeated for the next 10 years? Lol

Did you even watch the game today? We will be losing to a lot more than just Georgia if we keep going this way.

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

I'd say average, not above average. These are average coach results. Above average doesn't not give us such lopsided records against our peers

Let's not split hairs here. My whole point was hes not completely unhireable. That was the comment I was responding to. 

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

Did you even watch the game today? We will be losing to a lot more than just Georgia if we keep going this way.

DAG I really admire your even keeled answers to these same tired arguments for keeping Gus Mediocre. I’m trying really hard to play nice. 

41 minutes ago, homersapien said:

You really don't want to know.

He gets one heck of a stimulus check should we can him. 

1 hour ago, NoALtiger said:

Well of course he won’t resign. Who would? 

The only way he would is if it got so incredibly uncomfortable for Kristi that she would go to him and tell him to bail out.  She constantly has to intervene in his affairs to bail him out of jams because of his lack of discernment and stubbornness.

He is a stone cold beta male and she pushes him around like a rag doll.  If she gets motivated to get out because she is uncomfortable enough, she would tell him to negotiate out.  At that point, AU would need to play major hardball.

18 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yeah it sucked today..its been sucky all year to me. ...Gusball sucks sometimes, but in his tenure we have been better than average...great at times....Gus finally gave in on offense and allowed Morris to call the shots. Gus is making efforts..just not working well right now...we have had our ups and downs with Gus....its like nobody can just roll with sh*t...its gotta be all dominance at all times....its just unrealistic for us at this point...

4 minutes ago, SaturdayGT said:

Yeah it sucked today..its been sucky all year to me. ...Gusball sucks sometimes, but in his tenure we have been better than average...great at times....Gus finally gave in on offense and allowed Morris to call the shots. Gus is making efforts..just not working well right now...we have had our ups and downs with Gus....its like nobody can just roll with sh*t...its gotta be all dominance at all times....its just unrealistic for us at this point...

🤦‍♂️...no one and I mean no one, is asking for dominance at all times.  Just actual, coherent, somewhat consistent offense from the guy who was billed as an offensive genius.  Just a semblance of competent roster and personnel management.  Just a close to .500 record in our rivalry games instead of 7-16.  With every defense of this guy y’all just reinforce the Little Brother Syndrome that has pervaded Auburn for much too long. 

7 minutes ago, SaturdayGT said:

Yeah, the one constant in all this has been his contract.

3 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Yeah, the one constant in all this has been his contract.

I get it,....it just feels like a "riding the mood" kinda comment....it was only 5 games ago (?) We looked brilliant against bama!

1 minute ago, SaturdayGT said:

I get it,....it just feels like a "riding the mood" kinda comment....it was only 5 games ago (?) We looked brilliant against bama!

But we didn’t look “brilliant”.  We were facing their backup QB who threw 2 pick sixes and by far the worst bama defense of the Saban era since his first year( although it appears this year’s may give em a run for their money).  And still we squeaked out by 3.  It wasn’t brilliant.  Neither was our bowl game, neither was the UK game, the UGA game was a brilliant disaster and to ight speaks for itself.  BEATING BAMA SHOULDNT BE OUR ONLY INDICATOR OF SUCCESS.

Archived