Amateur hour in the WH (again)

TitanTiger

White House pandemic adviser appears on Russian state media, dismisses predictions about Covid-19 deaths in US

From CNN’s Marshall Cohen and Maggie Fox

White House pandemic adviser Dr. Scott Atlas gave an extensive interview to RT, the Kremlin-controlled state media network in which he asserted coronavirus lockdowns “are killing people,” attacked public health experts and dismissed models predicting hundreds of thousands more pandemic deaths in the US.

Atlas gave the interview via satellite from the White House grounds, according to the footage. He said the pandemic is improving in the US, even as daily case counts and death counts hit new records for the pandemic as a whole.

Atlas, who is a radiologist and who has no expertise in infectious diseases or epidemiology, also dismissed forecasts from the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation at the University of Washington School of Medicine that forecasts 399,000 coronavirus deaths in the US by Feb. 1 under current conditions.

“The IHME model is really sort – it’s absurd to start looking at this model at this point,” Atlas said. “At this point in time anybody who’s even focusing on models has not learned from the past.”

Atlas tweeted an apology Sunday.

“I recently did an interview with RT and was unaware they are a registered foreign agent. I regret doing the interview and apologize for allowing myself to be taken advantage of. I especially apologize to the national security community who is working hard to defend us,” Atlas said in the tweet.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/us-election-news-11-01-2020/h_5e0eb5560178f4f222b1a5bed229c0b3

---------------

This is who the President wants to listen to over actual experts - a numbnuts with no experience in the field that goes on his own and grants an interview to a propaganda mouthpiece for the Kremlin.

Don't forget this:

‘Fauci’s a disaster’: Trump attacks health officials in fiery campaign call

The infectious disease expert spoke frankly about the president’s pandemic response in a “60 Minutes” interview over the weekend.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/10/19/fauci-trump-wearing-mask-weakness-430114

This extra push of craziness so close to the election is starting to remind me of the "grand finale" in a fireworks show.

Well, at least if he wins, we won't be hearing about covid anymore. :-\

36 minutes ago, kennypowers said:

I hope he's put in prison after all of this. 

Sounds like the same sentiment that was expressed by quite a few regarding Hillary Rodham Clinton. In the end, none of the political elite goes to jail.

58 minutes ago, Hspoprn said:

Sounds like the same sentiment that was expressed by quite a few regarding Hillary Rodham Clinton. In the end, none of the political elite goes to jail.

Not even going to bring up equivalency or the issue of possible criminal charges.  Had enough for today. ;D

While you are essentially correct, well have yet to see it's absolute veracity.

Archived