Election Day

AUDub

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always get nervous on election night.  In 2016 even though I didn't vote for Trump, I really didn't like Hillary and I'll admit the combination of hoping Trump might lead better than he campaigned and wanting to see her lose made the night somewhat enjoyable.  Just the shock of it all.  I wouldn't feel that way this year.  I had personal animosity toward Hillary, I don't toward Biden.  And I've seen what a President Trump leads like.  I'm not a fan.

The main thing I hope like I said before is, I hope we have a clear winner.  I just don't want a contested election tied up in the courts.  I don't think the country can take it.

9 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I always get nervous on election night.  In 2016 even though I didn't vote for Trump, I really didn't like Hillary and I'll admit the combination of hoping Trump might lead better than he campaigned and wanting to see her lose made the night somewhat enjoyable.  Just the shock of it all.  I wouldn't feel that way this year.  I had personal animosity toward Hillary, I don't toward Biden.  And I've seen what a President Trump leads like.  I'm not a fan.

The main thing I hope like I said before is, I hope we have a clear winner.  I just don't want a contested election tied up in the courts.  I don't think the country can take it.

I made this analogy in another thread, but I want to see a champion with a mandate, whichever direction it goes, and not a "good game" (think 2000...ugh).

1 minute ago, ValleyTiger said:

tenor.gif

These margins are not good for Trump. Trust me. You'd rather be Biden right now. 

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

John King keeping Blitzer reigned in is pretty funny. 

Wolf has always been terrible at hiding his feelings.  The second the Democrat looks to be ahead, the adrenaline kicks in.

Yeah, unless there's a bunch of mail-in/absentee votes outstanding there, I don't see how he pulls off FL with those Miami-Dade numbers.

Yup. That probably ices Florida. Too big of a number to make up there. 

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

Yeah, unless there's a bunch of mail-in/absentee votes outstanding there, I don't see how he pulls off FL with those Miami-Dade numbers.

Pretty positive the Florida counts already include the mail-in/absentee numbers since by law they could begin counting before today.

Just now, ValleyTiger said:

Pretty positive the Florida counts already include the mail-in/absentee numbers since by law they could begin counting before today.

John King (CNN) is reporting that most of Miami-Dade is in-person early voting so far.  Not very much in-person voting from today, or mail-in voting.

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

MrJyYPA.jpg

fasfs.gif

In other news, legalization of marijuana is on the ballot in Arizona again. It almost passed last time it was voted on. Curious to see the results this time.

1 minute ago, jj3jordan said:

Except for the cancel of the Trump cuts. So yes, worry. And when you sell it, worry.

Dude.  Read the room.  Have some fun.

Archived