Election Day

AUDub

Volunteer worker of a poll. Not a lot in Milwaukee from previous elections. But Wisconsin had a record number early absentee ballot and COVID is problematic. 

late morning counting expecting 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AUDub said:

There's some noise one Twitter that Penn may not be going well for Trump. Huge grain of salt. 

Yep. As some predicted. 

http://hopelesslypartisan.com/philadelphia-keeping-poll-watchers-from-watching/

Here's my prediction on how the night goes.  I think that as the night progresses and states get called for one candidate or the other, the states left as "too close to call" will be PA, FL, OH, AZ, NC and GA.  I think TX will go to Trump in this scenario, meaning that at this juncture, Biden will be up 260-169.  He'll only have to win one of the remaining six listed above to win it.  And my prediction is that it's either AZ or NC that goes his way to give him the win, before we even know what happened in PA or FL.  

Just now, TitanTiger said:

Here's my prediction on how the night goes.  I think that as the night progresses and states get called for one candidate or the other, the states left as "too close to call" will be PA, FL, OH, AZ, NC and GA.  I think TX will go to Trump in this scenario, meaning that at this juncture, Biden will be up 260-169.  He'll only have to win one of the remaining six listed above to win it.  And my prediction is that it's either AZ or NC that goes his way to give him the win, before we even know what happened in PA or FL.  

We may know Florida pretty quick. Rs aren't quite meeting their benchmarks. 

1 minute ago, AUFAN78 said:

Come on, man.  I obviously can't fly up there to disprove this, but 24News that's reporting this is not just partisan, but complete garbage.  Don't hang your hat on anything they report.

Screen Shot 2020-11-03 at 3.29.45 PM.png

Just now, TitanTiger said:

Come on, man.  I obviously can't fly up there to disprove this, but 24News that's reporting this is not just partisan, but complete garbage.  Don't hang your hat on anything they report.

And Emerald Robinson, OANN loon, is quoted therein. 

Berwitz is not a neutral observer. 

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

Didn't watch the video. Okay, I'm shocked!

Just now, AUDub said:

And Emerald Robinson, OANN loon, is quoted therein. 

Berwitz is not a neutral observer. 

Ugh, there is a video attached. WTH? 

Just now, AUFAN78 said:

Didn't watch the video. Okay, I'm shocked!

I did watch the video.  But are you an expert on Pennsylvania or Philly law on this?  I'm not. I couldn't tell you where that location is, what the actual laws are about poll watchers up there, whether that's a legit certificate, any of it.  If this were coming from a more mainstream legit news source (even Fox News FFS), I might be more inclined to take the reporters word for it that the context being given on this video is accurate.  But 24News gives me zero reason to believe they're reporting truthfully about it and AMPLE reason to doubt their framing of the events in question.

Do better.

Ugh, there is a video attached. WTH? 

Screenshot_20201103-153417_Chrome.jpg

3 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Again, I'm not saying it can't be true, but take anything they say with a case of salt.

You should take everything, everything from the media with a grain of salt. 

Well now, amazing what you can find when you Google for better sources:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/philadelphia-officials-deny-gop-poll-watchers-banned-from-voting-sites/ar-BB1aEZRw

The incident did happen, but it was a mistake and the poll watcher was let in shortly thereafter:

the incident was the result of confusion over whether poll watchers were allowed to roam around the city or had to be assigned to a certain location. He said poll watchers can go to more than one location.

"The mistake was corrected, and the guy was admitted," he told ProPublica.

You should take everything, everything from the media with a grain of salt. 

You should take everything with a grain of salt.  But some you take a grain.  Others you throw out until someone without a track record of total bull**** reports it.

Well now, amazing what you can find when you Google for better sources:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/philadelphia-officials-deny-gop-poll-watchers-banned-from-voting-sites/ar-BB1aEZRw

The incident did happen, but it was a mistake and the poll watcher was let in shortly thereafter:

the incident was the result of confusion over whether poll watchers were allowed to roam around the city or had to be assigned to a certain location. He said poll watchers can go to more than one location.

"The mistake was corrected, and the guy was admitted," he told ProPublica.

So I was right you wrong. Go figure.

You should take everything with a grain of salt.  But some you take a grain.  Others you throw out until someone without a track record of total bull**** reports it.

But their reporting at the time of incident was correct. Period.

Just now, AUFAN78 said:

So I was right you wrong. Go figure.

You were partly right.  And I was right for demanding more reliable sources.  I shouldn't have had to do your homework for you, but it has some to be expected.

Of course the truth wasn't that DEMOCRAT ELECTION OFFICIALS ARE BANNING TRUMP POLL WATCHERS IN PHILLY.  It was that one location had one poll watcher who was initially denied entry due to confusion over whether access was tied to particular locations or not.  It was cleared up and he was let in....something I'll also note that 24News didn't bother to mention in its efforts to foment FUD.

2 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

But their reporting at the time of incident was correct. Period.

Yes and blind squirrels trip over acorns.  It doesn't make them good at getting ready for winter.

But we still have a right to expect and demand better sources.  This isn't a free for all.  Verify with more reliable media before posting.

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

You were partly right.  And I was right for demanding more reliable sources.  I shouldn't have had to do your homework for you, but it has some to be expected.

Of course the truth wasn't that DEMOCRAT ELECTION OFFICIALS ARE BANNING TRUMP POLL WATCHERS IN PHILLY.  It was that one location had one poll watcher who was initially denied entry due to confusion over whether access was tied to particular locations or not.  It was cleared up and he was let in....something I'll also note that 24News didn't bother to mention in its efforts to foment FUD.

BTW, this situation was corrected over 4 hours ago and they still have the original headline and story up on that dumpster fire of a site with no update.

If you want to talk about Election Day stuff in a normal manner, 78, you're welcome to do so.  If you want to try and take shots at me because I call out poor sourcing for what it is (even if they managed to get something right this time like every stopped clock does twice a day), then don't bother. 

57 minutes ago, AUDub said:

We may know Florida pretty quick. Rs aren't quite meeting their benchmarks. 

We should know FL and GA tonight.  If Biden wins, I'm fairly confident we will actually know he has enough EVs to secure the election by midnight.

Friend from high school in Birmingham stood in line for 3.5 hours. 

I decided to spin by my designated voting spot around 10am while out running errands, not a soul visible other than local Alderman campaign people. Took a different route home and passed by another polling spot with the same scene. I don’t know what it’ll look like in the next hour, but I’m betting most of my suburb voted early. 

9 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

We should know FL and GA tonight.  If Biden wins, I'm fairly confident we will actually know he has enough EVs to secure the election by midnight.

Midnight? = I'll know results tomorrow morning at the gym.

Archived