Election Day

AUDub

Keeping an eye on my congressional district, TX-22. This is one where the Libertarian candidate could piss in someone's Cheerios by pulling a significant enough percentage.

56% in (per NYT as of about 9:10)

Nehls (R) 46.8%

Kulkarni (D) 42.7%

LeBlanc (L) 10.5%

Wasn't expecting nearly that much of a 3rd party impact here.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching Nick at Night. Someone give an update. Please.

Just now, AUFAN78 said:

Watching Nick at Night. Someone give an update. Please.

Dewey's got this one in the bag.

Go to bed.

😁

Just now, SLAG-91 said:

Dewey's got this one in the bag.

Go to bed.

😁

Nah, this youngster requires too much attention for sleep.

9 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

Trump also just took the lead in PA, but we all know it's a mess there.

Apparently 274k mail in ballots in Philly won't be counted until tomorrow. 

15 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

having family that escaped cuba when castro took over and left everything to start over  its not far from being reality to these people.   

Its very real  and only a generation or 2 old. 

I understand.

My point is the idea that Biden becoming POTUS would/could transform our country to anything resembling communism is completely delusional/irrational.    Ironically, Trump offers a much more plausible possibility of that.

4 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I understand.

My point is the idea that Biden becoming POTUS would/could transform our country to anything resembling authoritarian/communism is completely delusional/irrational.    Ironically, Trump offers a much more plausible possibility of that.

while i agree we have alot of checks and balances  but the rhetoric coming from biden sounded too familiar to them.   Thats really enough to turn off that voting block. 

I dont hear that from what trump says /does 

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Ironically, Trump offers a much more plausible possibility of that.

Good grief.

6 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Didn’t even want to drink whiskey tonight, but when the time is right. 

XQHjQLk.jpg

That looks like some kind of commie snifter.   You must be for Biden.

Just now, ValleyTiger said:

And we now know how many Alabamians actually want a qualified candidate who will cross the aisle.

(Obviously everyone already knew this.)

Just now, homersapien said:

That looks like some kind of commie snifter.   You must be for Biden.

Completely unrelated to the topic....when I lived in Atlanta there was a sports memorabilia shop in Buckhead. Can't remember the name and it's long gone, but it mainly had jerseys for various sports. One day in the late 90's I walked by, and they had a heavy-duty Russian Olympic hockey jersey hanging in the window. They claimed it was actually from the team. It. Was. Awesome. They wanted $600 bucks for it. Even in my single days I couldn't afford that on a lark. Would have been a neat piece of history, though.

They also had jersey for the Hartford Whalers, Winnipeg Jets (original version), Quebec Nordiques. Ugh...wish I'd have had money now AND then.

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

And we now know how many Alabamians actually want a qualified candidate who will cross the aisle.

I honestly haven't followed that race. Had seen where Jones was leading about 30 minutes ago and now they just called it for Tubs so newsworthy, especially around here.

I'll never understand why he wanted to jump into politics. 

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I think you're going to find that even in places where you have right-leaning independents or disaffected Republicans voting for Biden, they are splitting their ticket and voting GOP down ballot.  They believe Biden will win but don't want him to have a Democratic Senate AND House.  

8 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

while i agree we have alot of checks and balances  but the rhetoric coming from biden sounded too familiar to them.   Thats really enough to turn off that voting block. 

I dont hear that from what trump says /does 

"Rhetoric from Biden?"  :dunno:  

WTF are you talking about?

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Democrats failure to cross aisle on impeachment killed any hope. Include Doug Jones. It's payback for many.

Just now, ValleyTiger said:

I honestly haven't followed that race. Had seen where Jones was leading about 30 minutes ago and now they just called it for Tubs so newsworthy, especially around here.

I'll never understand why he wanted to jump into politics. 

Absolutely newsworthy and not knocking the post.

Dude stands to enrich himself even more and probably put even less work into than he put into our football program his last couple years. Jesus, what a useless prick.

Archived