Biden’s special announcement today

creed

Not sure if anyone saw Biden’s announcement today but wanted to say he set an example on how a president should act like a president. It was A+ intro in how to conduct the business of the nation. 

Seems politics is the only profession where some people view experience as a bad thing. I happen to think it is a good thing. As are eloquence and dignity. 

Two days in and so much respect has already been restored to the office and the country. Hopefully four years can get us most of the way back. 

50 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Seems politics is the only profession where some people view experience as a bad thing. I happen to think it is a good thing. As are eloquence and dignity. 

Two days in and so much respect has already been restored to the office and the country. Hopefully four years can get us most of the way back. 

Experience is a good thing if you're getting things done for your constituents. If not, you need to go. Career politicians without a track record of accomplishments, who are only there to vote party line is not a good thing.

5 minutes ago, creed said:

Experience is a good thing if you're getting things done for your constituents. If not, you need to go. Career politicians without a track record of accomplishments, who are only there to vote party line is not a good thing.

Well, yes. But I am contrasting a president who knows how this country is supposed to work against one who clearly- still- doesn't have even a basic grasp on fundamental civics.

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Well, yes. But I am contrasting a president who knows how this country is supposed to work against one who clearly- still- doesn't have even a basic grasp on fundamental civics.

And who has no interest in the first place.

Civics is about the country.  He cares nothing for anything but himself.  He's going to remain an embarrassment to the country forever.

47 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Add magnanimity and empathy to the list - traits that I don't think Trump is capable of exhibiting. 

So Bruce Pearl 2024, is what we're all saying.

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

So Bruce Pearl 2024, is what we're all saying.

Good one...But it's going to be the party that speaks to the middle class and when I say middle class I mean people who have half a brain and know that extremism on either side of the political divide just doesn't get it. Stupid, weird, militant and fiscal irresponsibility is not a good selling point for the working class middle American in my opinion.

Sadly the time remaining to Biden’s inauguration will be a complete shat show. The United States could very well be in its most vulnerable position since Pearl Harbor. Absolutely no one in this administration is paying attention to anything other than salving Trumps ego. Firing Esper was purely vindictive, and created a continuity gap in the Department of Defense.

trump is due the challenge process.  However, he is trying cast doubt on the election.....and to quote a Jerry Jeff Walker song he is, “Piss’n in the Wind”.  Look, Trump is a certified narcissist with no resemblance of patriotism. Sadly, no one in the GOP has the fortitude to stand and be counted.

4 hours ago, tomcat said:

Sadly the time remaining to Biden’s inauguration will be a complete shat show. The United States could very well be in its most vulnerable position since Pearl Harbor. Absolutely no one in this administration is paying attention to anything other than salving Trumps ego. Firing Esper was purely vindictive, and created a continuity gap in the Department of Defense.

trump is due the challenge process.  However, he is trying cast doubt on the election.....and to quote a Jerry Jeff Walker song he is, “Piss’n in the Wind”.  Look, Trump is a certified narcissist with no resemblance of patriotism. Sadly, no one in the GOP has the fortitude to stand and be counted.

I think much of the GOP leadership is, in many ways, glad to see Trump go. 

2 hours ago, Grumps said:

I think much of the GOP leadership is, in many ways, glad to see Trump go. 

Wish they'd actually step up and call for him to do so gracefully.

27 minutes ago, homersapien said:

And to think the guy in Utah, Christie and a couple others had given me optimism.

Jesus Christ. 

Archived