All Things Star Wars

4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I really wanted to see the actual process of rebuilding the jedi order and the politics of HOW it should be built.

And Guess what??? That was George Lucas's Story before Disney bought it, told him they would use it, then didn't. I dispise Bob Iger & Kathleen Kennedy for it.

5 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Why I hate TFA more than TLJ.

TFA and TLJ are horrible for totally opposite reasons. The former is a carbon copy of New Hope that took no risks and was a hollow feel good nothing burger. TLJ was a preachy, pretentious, incoherent mess of unsatisfying subversion.

I hope there's a 30 for 30 style documentary one day on how, against all odds and millions of dollars, they dropped the ball on Star Wars. 

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

TFA and TLJ are horrible for totally opposite reasons. The former is a carbon copy of New Hope that took no risks and was a hollow feel good nothing burger. TLJ was a preachy, pretentious, incoherent mess of unsatisfying subversion.

I hope there's a 30 for 30 style documentary one day on how, against all odds and millions of dollars, they dropped the ball on Star Wars. 

And then ROS...was a bit of both.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

And Guess what??? That was George Lucas's Story before Disney bought it, told him they would use it, then didn't. I dispise Bob Iger & Kathleen Kennedy for it.

Really? That's infuriating but not surprising. You ever hear about why Universal got Harry Potter world instead of Disney?

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

And then ROS...was a bit of both.

One thing I found hilarious about ROS, that's ironically similar to this Gus "solid' stuff - Abrams took the reigns back and knew TLJ ruined the new trilogy. So in the trailer for ROS he actually explicitly showed he was undoing Johnson's stuff with a clip Kylo Ren repairing his helmet. Like, literally, "hey see, we are fixing this."

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

My fav Star Wars movie was Rogue One, btw. Don’t judge me!

My roommate's fave. My fave will be judged too...Revenge of the Sith.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

All memes aside i love the interactions between Obi and Anakin. Some of my favorite moments.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I have soooooo much nostalgia for Revenge of the Sith. My third favorite after Empire and (Return of the) Jedi.

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

All memes aside i love the interactions between Obi and Anakin. Some of my favorite moments.

Prequels were amazing for world building and had some fun moments. I enjoy them. But they are rough movies. Especially that Hayden dialogue... "I don't like sand..."

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I like Revenge of the Sith. And I thought Hayden Christiansen was awesome. 🤷🏻‍♂️

3 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Prequels were amazing for world building and had some fun moments. I enjoy them. But they are rough movies. Especially that Hayden dialogue... "I don't like sand..."

So I think my perspective of those movies are a little off. I was really young watching the prequels and loved them at the time.

My parents had me watch them in chronological order. I was REALLY attached to Anakin because kid Anakin and I looked alike.

Boy was I devastated.

Haven't rewatched any of them in a long time.

27 minutes ago, ellitor said:

What is now Legends has some really good Old Republic Stories in it. I'm currently listening to the Darth Bane trilogy on Audible.

Darth Bane is the GOAT. Good series. I read all three in a few days. 

• ellitor changed the title to All Things Star Wars
28 minutes ago, ellitor said:

What is now Legends has some really good Old Republic Stories in it. I'm currently listening to the Darth Bane trilogy on Audible.

Those books are excellent and would make a great movie or two. There's so many stories that they could bring back into the canon or make films about. Movies about Revan, Bane, or Exar Kun would print money if they were made well. 

Rian Johnson is a curse word in my household. He was given the keys to a Ferrari and drove it like an idiot. 

Mando is doing a great job bringing the Clone Wars, Rebels, EU, and newer novels together. If it weren't for this show, I'd have already lost all faith in the saga.

Give the keys to Filoni and never look back. 

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

My fav Star Wars movie was Rogue One, btw. Don’t judge me!

It's my wife's as well and I really cannot point to flaws to argue it. It's in a great spot as far as the timeline, and has something for everyone to enjoy. 

Crazy how great it turned out given all of the production drama. 

54 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

Rian Johnson is a curse word in my household. He was given the keys to a Ferrari and drove it like an idiot. 

Mando is doing a great job bringing the Clone Wars, Rebels, EU, and newer novels together. If it weren't for this show, I'd have already lost all faith in the saga.

Give the keys to Filoni and never look back. 

Abrams having Rey put up a great fight with a trained Solo/Skywalker  with no training in TFA just because she's a Palpatine was total crap too. Especially since they didn't decide to make Rey a Palpatine til near the filming of ROS.

49 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Abrams having Rey put up a great fight with a trained Solo/Skywalker  with no training in TFA just because she's a Palpatine was total crap too. Especially since they didn't decide to make Rey a Palpatine til near the filming of ROS.

I really enjoyed TFA in theaters, and it's still probably my favorite of the sequels, but they definitely needed to build on why she could do everything exceptionally well with virtually no experience at anything. 

What irks me the most is as far as the storyline was set-up, the whole Palpatine thing made sense had they built it up from TFA. She had the same fighting style, and her musical theme, Kylo Ren's, and Palpatine's all play into each other as if it were planned from the onset.

Unfortunately the marathon style disaster of directors led to whatever the heck RoS was supposed to be. 

Archived