Zeek

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Zeek said:

Holy Cow!

11 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

like to figure out how to use Turbo

Yeah, he has some ability just not at the PG position. You can see that scorer mentality taking over after a short time. We need a ball distributor and a driver in the worst way. Powell has done a nice job but he needs to be to where he can take more shots. That guy is deadeye Dick when he gets a catch and shoot situation

This will be Auburn's season this year....we'll have games like we did v. S. Ala and we'll have games like we did v. UCF....nothing against them, but there's no way we'll shoot 3's like we did every time out....it'll be frustrating for the players, coaches and fans!!!!! Probably need to play a little more zone....saw we ran a 1-3-1 and 2-3 a few times in the game...its good to change...  

22 minutes ago, tigerman1186 said:

This will be Auburn's season this year....we'll have games like we did v. S. Ala and we'll have games like we did v. UCF....nothing against them, but there's no way we'll shoot 3's like we did every time out....it'll be frustrating for the players, coaches and fans!!!!! Probably need to play a little more zone....saw we ran a 1-3-1 and 2-3 a few times in the game...its good to change...  

Agree. Most SEC teams will play man to man, and no way will Powell get such good looks at shooting 3's.

We will need some inside offense to play with most SEC teams. We won't win shooting predominately from outside in the SEC>

This is a great re-cap and analysis of the game. There’s numerous highlights throughout the the thread with a short synopsis of each. 

This was a great bounce back game after that awful UCF game. I'm not going to get too heady about it cause it was obvious we just flat out had better players than USA (other than the Flowers guy) but still nice to win our first home game regardless of opponents. And USA is no slouch of a team by any means. That coach of theres is going to be a name to watch going forward. Even when they were down big he kept coaching hard and his team kept playing hard for him. 

Biggest thing i got out of this game is that Powell is the no question best option we have a PG while Coop is out. Powell isn't perfect and i'll be curious to see how he does when teams put more pressure on him. But its obvious he understands how to move the basketball and  how an offense should run. Turbo just looks lost out there to me when he runs PG. The run and the end of the first half when he was in there was straight up ugly. USA got in his head and it was almost like he forgot where he was and just tried to start shoulder bumping the USA player that was guarding him. Very odd. But i'm not giving up on him yet. He is still a sophmore and i recall a game or 2 were McCormick looked pretty bad and he turned around and saved our bacon in the tourney. So keep your head up and keep working Turbo!!

The loss of intensity on Defense when we started making shots was tough to watch. To be a great team you have to use that excitement from making a big shot to play suffocating defense. That is an attitude you have to learn and what to bury your opponents. You gotta have that attitude where you don't just want to win but you want to win by 20.....and if you are winning by 20 you want it to be 40 instead. More young team growing pains but enjoying watching these guys grow. War Eagle!!

Archived