* Official Auburn vs. Texas A&M Game Thread *

abw0004

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Again, this game shouldn’t have changed your opinion on Gus’s value 

this guy should’ve been fired whether or not he beat fing Kellen Mond 

This, but we’ll have to suffer this for a couple more years thanks to guys that are no longer here

1 hour ago, Auburn Tiger said:

All of this. Gus makes me feel like I’m wasting 3 1/2 hours of my life on Saturdays. I love Auburn and always will, but, geez, the man is killing the fun of Auburn football. 

As it turns out, Gus made me waste what could have been some good nap time or watching-the-grass-grow time. It’s sad that I’m really starting to want to do other things on what used to be holy Saturdays. Gusball just isn’t worth the time sink anymore. 

1 minute ago, Win4AU said:

It’d be nice to have some people who actually know X’s and O’s Break things down and make us more knowledgeable fans.  There used to be people like that on here but most got run off.

That's completely untrue.  I see people doing that all the time but like you are tired of the same criticisms, I think those people are tired of breaking down the exact same reasons our team fails.  Its not like there is some mysterious, unexplained reasons we continue to get these type of performances.  The X's and O's are we are getting beat. 

4 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I just don’t understand how our defense was carved up so badly.  Historically we always could adjust by halftime.  This year across all positions we have struggled mightily. 

Playing 2nd team D lineman as 1st team.  Guys either not panning out or leaving/kicked off the team have killed the defense.  Add Britt getting hurt and it’s bad. 

Well this was another 3 hours on a Saturday wasted watching this garbage. I am so over it and and really have better things I could be doing. 

Just now, nixtosanders94 said:

That's completely untrue.  I see people doing that all the time but like you are tired of the same criticisms, I think those people are tired of breaking down the exact same reasons our team fails.  Its not like there is some mysterious, unexplained reasons we continue to get these type of performances.  The X's and O's are we are getting beat. 

You do see a lot of those posters not coming around anymore.  For example, I haven’t seen JMR post since the beginning of the season.

12 minutes ago, Grimnir said:

But did we have a good week of practice?

Of course they practice against themselves so everyone looks great.

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

This, but we’ll have to suffer this for a couple more years thanks to guys that are no longer here

I think a trash ‘21 and he’s gone. It’s a waste of energy to project more than that, but man, games don’t even feel like they matter anymore lol

3 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

There’s no “this program is headed in the right direction” excuse. We are stagnant

stagnant is being kind. Stagnant is having 4 losses bc of a few bad breaks but recruiting is still great and players are bought in. 

We are in a declining state. It can be a 1-2 year decline (depending on who replaces Gus) or it can be drawn out over 3+ years if AD AG is unwilling to make the hard decision

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Nah. Just stop going to games and stop donating. Start booing him. Actively and avidly show disdain for him, and he’s gone. I’d bet on it. 

Just now, abw0004 said:

You do see a lot of those posters not coming around anymore.  For example, I haven’t seen JMR post since the beginning of the season.

Only so many ways and so many adjectives to describe the same weekly turd.  

1 hour ago, jw 4 au said:

He played it safe in a one score game. Pretty much text book. If a fumble or pick occurred, you guys would be bashing the HELL out of him also. Either way, he obviously has no fans in here no matter what he does. 

Speak  for yourself fella. No way I would bashGustavo for being aggressive and trying to score with three friggin timeouts left!!!

3 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

As it turns out, Gus made me waste what could have been some good nap time or watching-the-grass-grow time. It’s sad that I’m really starting to want to do other things on what used to be holy Saturdays. Gusball just isn’t worth the time sink anymore. 

Amen brother I am right there with you, it’s a total joke

4 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

There’s no “this program is headed in the right direction” excuse. We are stagnant

Dead is the word you are looking for

Just now, abw0004 said:

His choice.  Message boards are for criticism as much as anything else.  I've always found it so ridiculous on this board how some people feel like we should all come on here and sing cumba ya and roast marshmallows after we get thumped or after yet another 4 loss season or another embarrassing bowl performance or...should I go on?  

If you don't like whats going on then you don't have to come to the board.  If we were not losing then you wouldn't have a bunch of fire the coach threads.  Simple as that. 

Just now, Auburn Tiger said:

Nah. Just stop going to games and stop donating. Start booing him. Actively and avidly show disdain for him, and he’s gone. I’d bet on it. 

He’s been being boo’d for years but asking people to give up 15-20+ years of seasons tickets are not something a lot of people want to give up. He’s in the most cushy situation possible.

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think a trash ‘21 and he’s gone. It’s a waste of energy to project more than that, but man, games don’t even feel like they matter anymore lol

They don’t matter anymore. Even the players wear that sentiment on the field. It’s clear in their demeanor, excepting a few. 

5 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Maybe the team should start holding up 4 fingers at the end of the 3rd qtr????

😆 Yeah, they totally forgot to do that. 

Just now, yngwie1995 said:

No we're not. We're in decline.

I don’t see it as “decline” because gus isn’t going 3-9. That’s why I said stagnant However we aren’t getting any better we are steadily a 5 loss team pretty much every year. Now I guess decline is the proper word as it is hurting auburn as a program. Gus is just consistent at being average lol

Archived