* Official Auburn vs. Texas A&M Game Thread *

abw0004

5 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

You do see a lot of those posters not coming around anymore.  For example, I haven’t seen JMR post since the beginning of the season.

Probably had the good sense, in all the football X/O wisdom, to see the writing on the wall for the season and stop wasting precious Saturday time on Gusball. Lol. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Maverick.AU said:

I don’t see it as “decline” because gus isn’t going 3-9. That’s why I said stagnant However we aren’t getting any better we are steadily a 5 loss team pretty much every year. Now I guess decline is the proper word as it is hurting auburn as a program. Gus is just consistent at being average lol

This. Every one knows it. I hope they're not waiting on a 3-9 season. We're mediocre & stagnant now. 

6 minutes ago, Tiger4life25 said:

Amen brother I am right there with you, it’s a total joke

For real. My wife, a diehard AU fan, just woke up and asked the final score, then rolled back over and went to sleep. That says all we need to know about the program. Lol. 

3 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

This. Every one knows it. I hope they're not waiting on a 3-9 season. We're mediocre & stagnant now. 

Gus is 2 bad calls from being 3-6 right now. Didn't happen, but we kinda did have a 3-4 win season this year.

If you're okay with 5-4 I don't know what to tell you. Go root for Vandy.

13 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

As it turns out, Gus made me waste what could have been some good nap time or watching-the-grass-grow time. It’s sad that I’m really starting to want to do other things on what used to be holy Saturdays. Gusball just isn’t worth the time sink anymore. 

Honestly, if I have anything to do, I go do it now. That's where our program is. Not worth wasting a well-earned day off on.

Are y'all honestly mad?  To me, losing and looking pathetic in the process is the best thing that could have happened for the program.  I feel for the players, but this gets us one step closer to Malzahn being gone.

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

And we picked up, what, about 20 on the last drive against prevent defense?

Sigh, just makes it so painfully obvious that we suck. 

5 JUCOs signed last year and ZERO of them made significant contributions. Pursuing transfers from Jax State, Akron, and Harvard to compensate for our lazy recruiting. Undisciplined players, more interested in fighting and trash talking than being a competent teammate. Our entire coaching staff needs to be fired

16 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

This, but we’ll have to suffer this for a couple more years thanks to guys that are no longer here

Lol no we won't. It's a terrible look if south Carolina fires a coach with a 16 million buy out and au doesn't fire a guy with a 21 million dollar buyout who has 7 straight 4 loss or more season's. AU has to pay half the buyout within 90 days like @bigbird has said and the rest is spread out over 4 years. Yella wood has got us fam!

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

Are y'all honestly mad?  To me, losing and looking pathetic in the process is the best thing that could have happened for the program.  I feel for the players, but this gets us one step closer to Malzahn being gone.

90% of the time I'm apathetic about it all. I'm angry at myself for watching the game. I've only watched 3 games this year. Every time I sit down and watch a game with Gus as the coach, I'm pissed off at myself. I could be doing a lot of other things. However, seeing stats like the one Nathan King is tweeting gets me very angry!

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Lol no we won't. It's a terrible look if south Carolina fires a coach with a 16 million buy out and au doesn't fire a guy with a 21 million dollar buyout who has 7 straight 4 loss or more season's. AU has to pay half the buyout within 90 days like @bigbird has said and the rest is spread out over 4 years. Yella wood has got us fam!

Is it too late to renogotiate that deal? 

Archived