Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

4 minutes ago, Bo Didley said:

Come on, name calling? Really? Can you effect what’s happening with the hire? If so get off the forum and do work ! 

If CKS gets hired you'll see Schiano 2.0. So yeah. The fans effect the hire greatly.

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I get what you’re saying but I bye some Auburn gear. Raymond Harbert made the largest single donation to the university ever. My wants and opinions are never going to be listened to like his. It’s just the way it is. I don’t like it either.

It's a fallacy you're buying into.

Tell you what, let all AU fans stop buying merch, attending games, and watching all AU-related content. We'll see if Harbert and the gang really contribute a larger piece of the pie.

There's a reason all these athletic departments are freaking out. It isn't because the big money donors stopped donating. It's because 100s of thousands of fans couldn't attend games this year. The fans support the program, and the donors compliment it. Not the other way around.

3 hours ago, AUDynasty said:

I would give Lane Kiffin a serious look next if Cristobal stays in Eugene. I'm skittish on getting a coach from a G5 level.

Kiffin would possibly retain Steele as DC. As long as it's his idea and not a condition of taking the job, it wouldn't be bad at all. 

1 minute ago, gr82be said:

Kiffin would possibly retain Steele as DC. As long as it's his idea and not a condition of taking the job, it wouldn't be bad at all. 

I mean, all things considered, I’d take that now in a heartbeat. 

9 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

If CKS gets hired you'll see Schiano 2.0. So yeah. The fans effect the hire greatly.

I guess we will see. In the mean time War Eagle and “ love the team you’re with” ! 

Just now, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Sounds like someone’s feelings are hurt he didn’t get an offer 

I would say that 100% rules him out lol

6 minutes ago, gr82be said:

I think Ole Miss is about the right sized job for Kiffin. His record at USC was not very impressive, despite loads of talent he brought in. He just seems like sort of a punk to me. But if you're making me choose between him and Steele then ... yeah.

31 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

As for not hiring a coordinator, I give you Bob Stoops, Kirby Smart, and Dabo Swinney.  None were ever HCs before getting their gigs at Oklahoma, Georgia, or Clemson respectively.

Dabo wasn’t even the coordinator. He was the receivers coach and fired the coordinator when he got promoted mid season. I wanna say the OC was Brad Scott? 

Anyway, first time posting. Been lurking some. As soon as the coaching thing came up, I went looking for the old Auburn Football yuku message board. I was quite a regular over there for a pretty good while (Gr8flKev). I saw @cole256 on here, and the two of us went back and forth some years ago over there 😂 (good to see you Cole!) and saw someone name dropped TigerMan. Maybe everyone from over there came over here! Like I said, it’s been a very long time since I posted. Always enjoy reading. 

Archived