Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, GwillMac6 said:

I ECHO THIS SENTIMENT SO SO SOOOO MUCH!!! I will also like to add I wish I could LOVE a Auburn football coach in my lifetime even HALF of what I love Bruce Pearl!!! But nahhhhhh all of our hires have been booty and not sexy. We cannot even win the press conference!!! lol. Raymond Harbert and Rane Man do not care about basketball and baseball and look how good our last 2 hires were for those sports without their meddling....... It would be nice to see who Allen Greene would actually hire and not having to bend at the will of our booster's. SMH.

For the first time in about 3-5 years I was excited about Auburn football after Gus was fired.

I've already lost that excitement with this process, transfers, and recruiting.

It's incredibly upsetting because it's what me and my brothers as well as my dad all sort of connect through. They're all so apathetic right now it's hard to even discuss the coaching search.

Everyone freaking out over Steele prematurely. When Lil Mook tweets that Steele is the coach, then you can panic. But Mook hasn’t spoke yet. 

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

No it ain’t 

And it never will. Paw Paw Steele will be drinking his warm milk and going to bed at 8:30 while other head coaches are just getting started for the night recruiting......

5 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Yes it was, so bad oh the meltdown on Auburn Eagle was just horrible 

was that the same signing period yeldon signed with bama instead of Auburn? 

The University of Oregon Board of Trustees announced a previously unscheduled meeting for noon CST on Thursday, with only one item on the agenda: "For purposes regarding an employment contract for the head intercollegiate football coach."

That coach is Mario Cristobal, currently in his third season leading Oregon's football program. He's been linked to the Auburn head coach opening — so much so that Oregon PR locked Cristobal's virtual game week press conference and allowed only media covering the Ducks. Despite their efforts, Cristobal was asked about whether Auburn has been in contact with him since Gus Malzahn was fired Sunday afternoon. 

“We seem to get a lot of rumors at this time of year,” Cristobal said. “This is what I can say: I can say that I haven’t been contacted, OK? I don’t know of my agent being contacted, and I talk to him every single day.

5 minutes ago, Zeek said:

A4E is smarter than our trustees lmfao

2 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Let's hire Bill Clark.

Nevermind...

14 minutes ago, Zeek said:

SEC Recruiting Rankings

#1 Alabama

#3 LSU (THREE WITH THAT DUMPSTER FIRE IDGAF ABOUT THEIR NATTY THREEEEEE?!)

#4 Georgia

#8 Florida

#14 Texas A&M

#15 Tennessee (PRUITT IS ALL BUT GONE AND THEY DON'T EVEN WIN?!!?)

#18 Ole Miss (KIFFIN'S FIRST YEAR)

#20 Arkansas (FRIGGEN ARKY)

#26 Missouri

#36 Mississippi State (LMAO)

#38 Kentucky

#46 Auburn

#47 Vanderbilt (NO WIN VANDY IS ONE SPOT BEHIND US WOOO)

#106 South Carolina...

WE GOT THE SEC RIGHT WHERE WE WANT EM

Third to last..wow 

2 minutes ago, fasttimes said:

lol, just don't be a d*ck unnecessarily. 

I don't think asking a guy who hasn't been around about his credentials while he's supposedly dropping hints is being a ****.  That's like asking someone to listen to what their dead beat dad has to say once every few years and to take it seriously.

When folks like Bird, Golf, WDE, E, etc speak, I listen.  They've been around and built up that credibility here on a daily basis.  That matters.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Third to last..wow 

Someone explain to me how tf Tennessee is that high...

2 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

It was close that was 2012 Chiz was hired In 2008 

2011-12 specifically. That was when it was painfully obvious the Chizik regime was falling apart.

Who's TT?

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

For the first time in about 3-5 years I was excited about Auburn football after Gus was fired.

I've already lost that excitement with this process, transfers, and recruiting.

It's incredibly upsetting because it's what me and my brothers as well as my dad all sort of connect through. They're all so apathetic right now it's hard to even discuss the coaching search.

I feel you fam. SAME HERE!! We have been waiting on this for so long....... and OF COURSE it goes like this. The excitement of this search from me was lost already by Monday when 247 was going full force on double and tripling down on Steele. I have been one pissed off Barner ever since. I thought there is no way even AU could even screw this up with so many attractive attainable solid- pretty good candidates who would actually take the job. But nah brodie! AU found the 1 avenue to piss ALL of us off. Right?! Completely agree.

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

I don't think asking a guy who hasn't been around about his credentials while he's supposedly dropping hints is being a ****.  That's like asking someone to listen to what their dead beat dad has to say once every few years and to take it seriously.

When folks like Bird, Golf, WDE, E, etc speak, I listen.  They've been around and built up that credibility here on a daily basis.  That matters.

It's ok buddy I promise I understand War Eagle anyways 

Archived