Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

1 minute ago, TigersTalons said:

The way I took it as it was something else as off the field issues. Thanks for the reply.

I mean he'll need some adult diapers soon. That's not too appealing either.

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Bo Didley said:

I’m with you. I’m just trying to lighten the mood with some picking. People are getting Real emotional about this. 

Well they ought to. This is a watershed moment. We can either grab a strong hand to pull us up off the cliff-face, or fall to our death below. 

This is easily the most important hire in Auburn football history given the context. We are inches from the consistent top-5 promised land, yet also inches from being relegated to the second tier of the SEC.

Huge, huge time right now.

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

We need a complete overhaul of our program's culture and an injection of relentless youth to compete with rivals all enjoying peaks in their program.

A 100 year old DC from the previous regime is not the answer.

The problem is the youth aren’t ponying up the money to get things done. I’m 32 and I haven’t given a damn penny to Auburn since I graduated. I’ll donate when my student loans get paid off. 

11 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Someone explain to me how tf Tennessee is that high...

These schools literally recruit themselves...the same as AU should....You almost have to work not to be in the top 25 if you are one of the big 6

3 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

We need a complete overhaul of our program's culture and an injection of relentless youth to compete with rivals all enjoying peaks in their program.

A 100 year old DC from the previous regime is not the answer.

Granted he is getting up there and AU needs stability for the foreseeable future.

2 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

That is the main reason why I am not in favor of Steele getting the job.  We need major changes!

4 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Any of you watch Steele Presser? I think it's a done deal...Steele to be HC....he done combed his hair and put on a jacket. That's a man trying to move up!

Dress for the job you want, not the job you have.

I'm wearing my pajamas to work every day.

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

Well they ought to. This is a watershed moment. We can either grab a strong hand to pull us up off the cliff-face, or fall to our death below. 

This is easily the most important hire in Auburn football history given the context. We are inches from the consistent top-5 promised land, yet also inches from being relegated to the second tier of the SEC.

Huge, huge time right now.

So,  do you have a part in hiring the next coach ? If so I completely understand your stance but I’m wondering why you aren’t out getting the right person hired. The theatrics and drama is comical. The sun will rise tomorrow. 

10 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

There are a lot of conflicting opinions on T-Will out there. Hard to know what's true and what isn't. 

I was under the impression that he was fairly respected and does a great job recruiting? Just lack of experience or other things I’ve not heard?

6 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

The problem is the youth aren’t ponying up the money to get things done. I’m 32 and I haven’t given a damn penny to Auburn since I graduated. I’ll donate when my student loans get paid off. 

Have you bought any Auburn shirts? Attended any games? Have you got the SEC network? How about an AU license tag? Have you just watched Auburn play on ESPN recently?

All of the above puts money directly in Auburn's pocket. Don't buy into the BS that boosters are the only ones who give.

4 minutes ago, Bo Didley said:

The theatrics and drama is comical. The sun will rise tomorrow. 

It's a sports forum, Lurch. Of course the sun will rise. These conversations are relative to football, you numbskull. 

10 minutes ago, Bo Didley said:

I’m with you. I’m just trying to lighten the mood with some picking. People are getting Real emotional about this. 

On a side note, I saw Bo Didley

live at City Stages one year.He put on an awesome show 👍 His version of “I’m a Man” is a classic..

”Hey Bo Diddley” is a great song as well.. Carry on with the levity sir..😆

3 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

It's a sports forum, Lurch. Of course the sun will rise. These conversations are relative to football, you numbskull. 

Come on, name calling? Really? Can you effect what’s happening with the hire? If so get off the forum and do work ! 

I have solved the coaching dilemma. I coached both a 5th grade and 6th Grade football team about 10 years ago and we finished middle of the pack. If it will cut down the hatred I will gladly accept the position and I come a lot cheaper then all the other candidates. We won't win with my coaching skills but we will save a lot of money. Plus I have coached both HS and Men's Rugby teams so I can teach the safer tackling that is done in Rugby. LOL

That or we can wait a while and see if we get any real information as opposed to listening to rumor's and forcing a lot of poster's to heavy drinking or heavy drugs.

8 minutes ago, AUscw2011 said:

I was under the impression that he was fairly respected and does a great job recruiting? Just lack of experience or other things I’ve not heard?

People around here have talked about T-Will loving himself some T-Will a little too much, and it becoming detrimental.

11 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Have you bought any Auburn shirts? Attended any games? Have you got the SEC network? How about an AU license tag? Have you just watched Auburn play on ESPN recently?

All of the above puts money directly in Auburn's pocket. Don't buy into the BS that boosters are the only ones who give.

I get what you’re saying but I buy some Auburn gear. Raymond Harbert made the largest single donation to the university ever. My wants and opinions are never going to be listened to like his. It’s just the way it is. I don’t like it either.

Archived