Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

I might be cryptic but at least I'm not freaking out 👌🤔 

1) I think you're pretty new here.  Never ever see you around.

2) You're being cryptic without any built up credibility on this site.

Either put your name on something and dispense with a nugget of info or STHU.  It's annoying as hell.

Just now, AUscw2011 said:

Promoting Steele would be as valuable as promoting Radio to a coordinator. 

on a side note if we do get Steele who is the prime OC candidate?

247 is saying Bobo

32 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I mean MAR just entered the transfer portal if that helps 

It helps him...😂

16 minutes ago, AUDynasty said:

It's not about Steele but it's more about paying Gus $21 million just to hire from within. That seems... not ideal. Especially in a COVID-19 pandemic where costs are at a premium.

#notourmoney

A Steele run team with a competent OC is by far better than what we've suffered with the past 6 years. That's not me saying he's going to be the hire.

16 minutes ago, Auctoritas said:

Not even just Korean. Food paradise is along Buford Hwy near CDC. You can get something from anywhere. If you're ever nearby, drop in at Gu's Kitchen at Buford hwy and Chamblee Tucker. Szechuan at it's finest and the best fried fish I've ever had in my life. 

Buford Highway is my favorite place to take guests that are in town. Snackboxe Bistro, in Doraville, is one of the favorites. They have some amazing Laotian food. 

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

1) You're pretty new here

Either put your name on something and dispense with a nugget of info or STHU

Umm I'm not new I've been apart of this site since the merger with Auburn Eagle circa 2011, was apart of AE for like 4 years before that, I came over with @bigbird and @augolf1716

14 minutes ago, AUDynasty said:

It's not about Steele but it's more about paying Gus $21 million just to hire from within. That seems... not ideal. Especially in a COVID-19 pandemic where costs are at a premium.

Agreed!!  He has not been hired nor interviewed for that matter. All that happened was his percentage went up to 60% on some poll, and our fan base lost there minds. Hashtag this, boycott that....When the reality of it is he is the smart bet. All other candidates have some tangibles that would have to happen first. For instance, M.C. gets a raise to keep him in Eugene, and Freeze the NCAA deal, and go all the way down the list.  But for Steele all it would take is an offer and he is our coach. So raising him to 60% is the smart play. 

5 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

1) You're pretty new here

Either put your name on something and dispense with a nugget of info or STHU

88 is a good guy. He's been around a while, just not very active lately. He used to have a contact or two, but I'm not sure if he still does. Just a little FYI.

Just now, autiger88 said:

Umm I'm not new I've been apart of this site since the merger with Auburn Eagle, I came over with @bigbird and @augolf1716

Cool.  But you're never around and being cryptic.  Most active folks here have no clue who you are man.  You're talking like you have knowledge, and maybe you do, but I can't think of a single example from the past several years that gives me reason to take you seriously.

8 minutes ago, AUTIGERinSC said:

The committee needs to trust the fans on this one. 

4539B964-64DF-41CC-8989-601671870118.jpeg

CEB63A5D-1832-46DD-8CDD-24EA61DA50B6.jpeg

D2BB398C-8262-49F2-9757-86C347F300C7.jpeg

Not going to lie...I wanted Gus fired so that we could hire Fuente several years ago.

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

Cool.  But you're never around and being cryptic.  Most active folks here have no clue who you are man.  You're talking like you have knowledge, and maybe you do, but I can't think of a single example from the past several years that gives me reason to take you seriously.

Well I've been kind of busy but it's cool you don't have to listen to me I honestly don't care if you do, it's gonna be ok with me either way again just trying to pass along what I know. 🙄

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

88 is a good guy. He's been around a while, just not very active lately. He used to have a contact or two, but I'm not sure if he still does. Just a little FYI.

Thank you @bigbird these new kids I swear 🤣

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

this is a cool story.

1 minute ago, AUscw2011 said:

Slightly off topic but who is Jboy, and what’s his connection? I could have swore on the drive today they said Jake Rane. 

Kurt Crain's son.  Coached at South Alabama for a little while.

Looooves to flaunt his X's and O's prowess on air.

SEC Recruiting Rankings

#1 Alabama

#3 LSU (THREE WITH THAT DUMPSTER FIRE IDGAF ABOUT THEIR NATTY THREEEEEE?!)

#4 Georgia

#8 Florida

#14 Texas A&M

#15 Tennessee (PRUITT IS ALL BUT GONE AND THEY DON'T EVEN WIN?!!?)

#18 Ole Miss (KIFFIN'S FIRST YEAR)

#20 Arkansas (FRIGGEN ARKY)

#26 Missouri

#36 Mississippi State (LMAO)

#38 Kentucky

#46 Auburn

#47 Vanderbilt (NO WIN VANDY IS ONE SPOT BEHIND US WOOO)

#106 South Carolina...

WE GOT THE SEC RIGHT WHERE WE WANT EM

Just now, ClaytonAU said:

Has it gotten to the point of the coaching search where people are starting to get angry with one another?

Shut up, you son of a motherless goat!

Archived