Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

3 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

This Hard guy must be an idiot. 

Did he inherit his money?

well remember him and leath are the reason Gus's whole immediate family is set up for life because of the buy out.......

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we should have a change of heart and keep CGM. 😝 

Incoming

Just now, Zeek said:

Idk if I'm buying all the smokescreen. It seems like they already had their choice before firing Gus. I doubt Rane let's Steele be the guy.

YELLAWOOD COME THROUGH!!!!

9 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

bruhhh we just do not want it to be steele. that is all we ask. I do not care how long it takes as long as it is him (or rhett or chip lindsey).

I am just thankfull Alan Green is part of this process instead of Jay Jacobs. His interview list would be Lashlee, Lindsey, Steele, and Muschamp. 

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

well remember him and leath are the reason Gus's whole immediate family is set up for life because of the buy out.......

I remember. I have actually been amazed many times in my life at how dumb some rich people are that I have met. 

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

YELLAWOOD COME THROUGH!!!!

It's not Steele. I refuse. I didn't suffer through this s*** show to get an ancient old man with one of the worst head coaching records of all time who some think didn't even hold up his end as the DC this year.

44 minutes ago, metafour said:

Go look up what he inherited at FIU and what the reality of that program is, and then come back to me and tell me what exactly his record there is supposed to mean. That program started playing football in 2002. As in that was their first year...EVER. 

Yes. Some context is missing there. 2 Conference championships at BOTH coaching stops. The Pac12's idiotic CANCELING, then reinstatement of the season, killed his roster and a great opportunity for back to back titles.

4 minutes ago, toddc said:

I think we should have a change of heart and keep CGM. 😝 

Incoming

I’m not looking forward to changing my avatar.  This would save me some work.

7 minutes ago, WarDamn2010 said:

I've been a huge proponent for Freeze, bc I just ultimately want to win at any and all costs, but I'd absolutely be on board with this hire as well. What are our chances here though? I honestly haven't heard his name floated as an option very often for some reason.

Allen is an Indiana native, longtime Indiana highschool coach and has a masters from IU. IU might be a long term job for him. 

Just now, Win4AU said:

I’m not looking forward to changing my avatar.  This would save me some work.

Me too.

10 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Who all is in Harbert's faction though?  Steele, his son, and a few defensive staff member alumni?

Supposedly he ponied up some of Gus's buyout money so he thinks he should have a say again after that wonderful $49 mil contract we gave Gus he was a big part of.

Just now, ellitor said:

Supposedly he ponied up some of Gus's buyout money so he thinks he should have a say again after that wonderful $49 mil contract we gave Gus he was a big part of.

Well he is not wrong. I am sure he didn't just do this out the kindness of his heart.

14 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

Interesting angle from Outkick:

If I were Auburn president Jay Gogue, I’d hop on a plane for Bloomington, Ind., right now and beg Tom Allen to take the job. He’s exactly – and I can’t stress this enough, exactly – what Auburn wants from its football coach.

Auburn loves to speak about it its family atmosphere, and how being part of that family is the most important thing (and winning — or lose and get $21.4 million to go away). Allen, who was an assistant on Freeze’s Ole Miss staff for 3 seasons, took over at Indiana and has transformed a basketball school into a legitimate threat in the Big Ten.

His mantra LEO – Love Each Other – is about as Auburn as it gets. He preaches the idea of players and coaches and staff loving each other, and moving that love into the passion of playing for and with each other.

Yeah, it’s hokey. But you know what? It worked at IU. He recruits furiously in the state of Florida (where he was a high school coach), and he has built his team on fast defenses and a dangerous dual-threat quarterback.

Why make any other choice?

Tom Allen > Steele, Lashley

Just now, AUFriction said:

If it ends up being Steele, I'm assuming I'll get apologies from some people on here. 

No. You will get a big middle finger and a GFY from me though. 

8 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

I remember. I have actually been amazed many times in my life at how dumb some rich people are that I have met. 

Wealth has never been a sign of intelligence

1 minute ago, AUFriction said:

If it ends up being Steele, I'm assuming I'll get apologies from some people on here. 

You will get a lot of crow from me, but if it isn't Steele or Rhett Lashlee, I do hope you do the same 

1 minute ago, AUFriction said:

For what? Didn't you want a DC from the NFL?

2 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

There will be plenty of ppl on suicide watch, fer sher

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

C5A6D9CB-31A1-4E4B-9CBD-04FFDD9AE0C0.jpeg

fdsdfs.gif

Archived