Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

I feel like with the timing considered, the coaches coaching games this weekend, we will find out who our coach is in less than 48 hours, if people can keep from soiling themselves for a short time longer.

Argo, not to get off topic but what city are you at in Walker Co

7 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

Yeah he wouldn't be the top of my list either, but definitely over Brown. Probably over Nappier too, but JMO. 

I still would like Kiffin or Freeze before anyone else. 

Same here 

47 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@AuburnTiger4LifeThat would be logical thinking but the Good Ol' Boy network ain't logical. Some, including JGT, think the interviews are a dog & pony show to make it look like AU did their due diligence. Most AU sources are saying the StopSteele movement just delayed things as to when Steele will be named HC. It sounds like you aren't to versed in how JABA our Good Ol' Boys can be. I hope you are right here for all our sakes & don't have to find out.

Leading in engineering, right? Biggest single donation by Harrbert for a world beater business school? No limit to the 20 dimensional strategy that could be applied.  You would expect by common sense Auburn to lay out a string theory and business statistics/Moneyball case that the final selection has the highest probability of achieving the “objectives”. When it Leaves you feeling empty, you would ask, “What what what?” The ‘objectives’ smack of a contradictory, mutually exclusive stack of compromises (e.g. influence, control, nepotism, and emasculated lack of ambition). So, a final selection (likeTubberville, Chizik, Malzan) will not make sense IF you thought the objective was excellence. Just saying. Same contradiction is everywhere nowadays (see corporate governance, military leadership, politik). What “they” say is not evident by the actions. If the hypocrisy were removed, it would make sense, but still indigestible. So, like politicians, the logic would make sense if they were willing to lay it out up front. But because it would sound bad, they’ll say we will achieve athletic and moral excellence by installing a (insert weakest most contradictory candidate). Hunh??? Now i subject myself to being banned. 

1 hour ago, around4ever said:

Not coaching in the southeast didn’t affect Saban or Meyer too bad. 

Those are two of the best recruiters in history. A lot of recruiting is connections, particularly with high school coaches. If you’ve never recruited in those areas, it can be difficult to recruit at first.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

@AuburnTiger4LifeThat would be logical thinking but the Good Ol' Boy network ain't logical. Some, including JGT, think the interviews are a dog & pony show to make it look like AU did their due diligence. Most AU sources are saying the StopSteele movement just delayed things as to when Steele will be named HC. It sounds like you aren't to versed in how JABA our Good Ol' Boys can be. I hope you are right here for all our sakes & don't have to find out.

If this is the case, they deserve the worst. They deserve fans not coming to games or watching the team. However I doubt they really care, their pockets are lined so fat they wouldn’t feel it. They continue to s*** on AU athletics and don’t give a damn about it. I’m done with AU football until we get new people in if this is the case. I would tell every athlete far and wide not to come here. We deserve to recruit 1 and 2 stars only with this level of ineptitude. Honestly if this happens I hope everything burns to the ground and badly. This a disservice to the players, this a disservice to the alumni and this is a disservice to everyone that loves AU. If they do this, I hope they get every ounce of bad luck in this universe that one can get. I’m done with these people.

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

That's a great analogy though, which is more disturbing at the thought of it. 

It's pure insanity that people think in any way, shape, or form that Gus Malzahn was treated unfairly by Auburn University. At any point in his tenure. Including his firing.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Why? Never known him to be the blabber mouth War Blogle is.

That's who I was thinking of. Thanks. 

3 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

Those are two of the best recruiters in history. A lot of recruiting is connections, particularly with high school coaches. If you’ve never recruited in those areas, it can be difficult to recruit at first.

Your staff, ideally has ties to the South, the head coach needs to be the Closer.

Earlier this year I ran into PJ Fleck at a Country Club in Minneapolis suburbs, my group talked to him for twenty minutes, I just listened.  He had me ready to run through walls for him, it was crazy.  I know he is not a likely possibility but we need that kind of guy as our head coach.  People say Napier is like that, we know Steele isn't like that.

3 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

7F95652D-FD63-4708-91C1-8C4F1682B58F.gif

HE HASN'T SIGNED AND STILL NO TWEETS OR LIKES WE CAN STILL ******* GET EM  😢😭

It’s odd to me that the PTB are willing to bury this football program and drive most fans away at the same time. What do they truly have to gain from this? What fun is having power over a losing football program that doesn’t have any fan interest?

34 minutes ago, Auburn Tiger said:

So if it is Steele, do we just buy up tickets and boo the crap out of him every game? How do we express our discontent and disdain for the direction of the program in a way that affects change? Is it even possible? Or, do we just stop going altogether? “If it’s Steele, I’m out. Who’s coming with me?” Haha.

Pull a Tennessee and Burn some couches! Lol

Man I don't think I have ever seen E so fired up.  I mean maybe when A4E starts 20 repeat threads in an hour, but I think this is more...  The majority of us are all with E as well, I believe

3 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

we know Steele isn't like that.

That he isn't a closer or that he won't have folks running through brick walls? Because I distinctly remember the "Nightmares on the plane" speech he gave before the Washington game a couple years back. The defense sure looked like they were ready...

Archived