Coach Candidates Thread (OP Updated 12/22)

Zeek

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Born in Dothan, spent a hot minute in Enterprise, then we moved to Auburn so my parents could get a degree and support us better. Now I'm chilling in PCB.

Right on I’m from Opp/Andalusia area moved to PC no B. Had to move back to Andalusia because of hurricane Michael. 

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Lol noooooo. He makes way more than that.

I believe that was his salary before recent extension.  Not many details on his new contract.  Possibly around $2 million year now.  

1 minute ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Still reeling from Matthew and that was 2 years ago. 

The destruction  that storm left was unbelievable. I was in south ga shortly after it came through and pictures didn’t do justice to show the damage I witnessed.

2 hours ago, Tony4AU said:

Brown >> Steele

Brown is better than steele only in the sense that life in prison is better than the death penalty.

1 minute ago, auburndkel said:

Apologies if this had already been shared 
Steve Sarkisian Would be a Huge Risk For Auburn 
https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/steve-sarkisian-auburn-interview-alabama-usc-washington-01esvsf8t425

I'm writing an article about Sark right now. But I'll say this; I firmly believe the drinking issue won't be a problem. Part of what's helped him is being in Tuscaloosa (smaller town Alabama) and not wild a** California towns.

Now if you want to talk about actual coaching your biggest concern is recruiting and who the DC is.

2 minutes ago, Tony4AU said:

I believe that was his salary before recent extension.  Not many details on his new contract.  Possibly around $2 million year now.  

There is no way a successful notre dame football coach makes only 2 million a year. 

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Brown is better than steele only in the sense that life in prison is better than the death penalty.

Gwill shows up in the thread like three times a day just to throw haymakers 

2 minutes ago, auburndkel said:

Of the guys that we know are getting interviews, Sark, Napier and Elliott, who is the best recruiter?  

Elliot, Napier and then a large gap to sark.

If Cristobal keeps bringing in top 5 recruiting classes in the Pac 12 he’s gonna build a west coast Bama.  Can’t blame him for sticking with that.  

Look at Helton and USC playing though .  I feel like he’s Gus’s west coast brother for all the heat he gets.  Nothing he does makes people happy but he keeps winning.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

There is no way a successful notre dame football coach makes only 2 million a year. 

Probably. Makes that just off the Chip Kelly Show

Just now, Zeek said:

Gwill shows up in the thread like three times a day just to throw haymakers 

Seems so! Not sure what he has seen to compare Brown like that to Steele.  I thought Brown did well at Troy.   Maybe Gwill followed way more than myself. 

Just now, Win4AU said:

If Cristobal keeps bringing in top 5 recruiting classes in the Pac 12 he’s gonna build a west coast Bama.  Can’t blame him for sticking with that.  

Look at Helton and USC playing tough.  I feel like he’s Gus’s west coast brother for all the heat he gets.  Nothing he does makes people happy but he keeps winning.

This year. He had a 5-7 record a couple of season's ago. That should never ever happen at USC.

Just now, VegasEagle said:

Is Lincoln Riley really a possibility?

Nope. Just more trolls on twitter.

4 minutes ago, auburndkel said:

Of the guys that we know are getting interviews, Sark, Napier and Elliott, who is the best recruiter?  

Come on Sark is head and shoulders above the rest, so we will probably get Tony Elliott.

5 minutes ago, Jgarrett7 said:

The destruction  that storm left was unbelievable. I was in south ga shortly after it came through and pictures didn’t do justice to show the damage I witnessed.

Yep. From South Ga and had moved to Macon right before the storm. Driving back home for the first time was like a brand new place. For me snapped pine trees and 90 degree angle stop signs out into perspective how strong those winds really are. 

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I wouldn’t think so either but since ND private, contract details tough to find.   

Just now, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Yep. From South Ga and had moved to Macon right before the storm. Driving back home for the first time was like a brand new place. For me snapped pine trees and 90 degree angle stop signs out into perspective how strong those winds really are. 

Where in S. Georgia you from?

Just now, Tony4AU said:

Seems so! Not sure what he has seen to compare Brown like that to Steele.  I thought Brown did well at Troy.   Maybe Gwill followed way more than myself. 

He wouldn’t be splashy, and his approach wouldn’t be instant turnaround but I believe he’d be successful at Auburn. 

Just now, Tony4AU said:

He's not doing well at a power 5 school and he's not a good recruiter. No one should be considered unless they are stud recruiters. 

Archived