Sharife is cleared!

TitanTiger

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cooper was great for 38 minutes and absolutely horrible for the final two. That should fix itself in time. It's a shame that Powell wasn't also ready for this one. The mix of Cooper, Powell and Flanagan can turn into something special, given time.

Cooper plays a different game, smooth and under control like a racer.  Eyes always down the straight scanning for trouble and opportunity.   Put him in a race car and he would pass you in a tight turn and there would be nothing you could.

He needs to stay in college another year and put on some muscle like Flanagan.😐

Little doc

15 hours ago, Mikey said:

The mix of Cooper, Powell and Flanagan can turn into something special, given time.

And Thor. That dude has potential to be special as well.

48 minutes ago, fredst said:

And Thor. That dude has potential to be special as well.

Agreed, I was thinking of a backcourt trio.

Some mistakes both early and late in the game by Coop. That said, this dude is electric. He will drive other teams crazy. His vision and touch are elite. I think if Powell was playing yesterday, we would have won by 8 to 10. 
Next year I hope this group stays together while we add Jabari. My heart rate goes up thinking of another year with Coop, Thor, Flanigan, Powell and Jabari all on the floor at once. 

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

Agreed, I was thinking of a backcourt trio.

By season's end could be the best 1 2 3 punch in the league.

The future is exciting if CBP can hold this group together.  Hope he can find enough minutes to keep everyone happy.

Too easy right now to hit transfer button.  Our record doesn't show it because of youth, but this is the most talented team I've ever seen at Auburn. Whether that transforms into wins and championships remains to be seen.

On 1/10/2021 at 11:32 AM, JFDTiger80 said:

Some mistakes both early and late in the game by Coop. That said, this dude is electric. He will drive other teams crazy. His vision and touch are elite. I think if Powell was playing yesterday, we would have won by 8 to 10. 
Next year I hope this group stays together while we add Jabari. My heart rate goes up thinking of another year with Coop, Thor, Flanigan, Powell and Jabari all on the floor at once. 

Everybody is talking abut adding Jabari next year but I think Trey Alexander will have a more immediate impact. He has the total offensive package 6'4" very good ball handling skills, smooth effortless 3 point shot, strong around the rack, great pullup jump shot, he rebounds from guard spot and pushes ball, and he passes to open teammates. What he will give us is instant Offense on second unit which is huge. Next year we can have 7 players who are capable of averaging in double digits. I am not saying they will all average double digits as there are only so many shots per game but it will give us balance like we have never had at Auburn before.

Cooper, Powell, Flanagan, Thor, Jabari, Alexander, Williams

Usually when a team has enough quality depth to substitute 1st unit for second unit there is a drop off in scoring but sometimes second unit makes up for that by playing tough defense. This second group won't have a drop off in scoring. We will be able to wear most teams out.

Archived