Men vs UK

Maverick.AU

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Most of the fans should be banned from getting tickets again this season, seen rowdier, louder fans at a chess match

I cant speak to the sound of the fans, bc I don't pay attention, but underclassmen get priority, for whatever reason. That might be a factor 

8 minutes ago, WeaglWeaglWDE said:

I can't seem to get the pic to post, but did anyone else catch coach Harsin and A.D. Greene at the game? 

Coach was checking out Cardwell as a TE.  We need another TE. 

I gotta say it feels good to win the ugly ones lol. Watching this team grow and develop is a lot of fun. Flanigan is proving himself more and more as well.

Future is bright!

Just now, AuburnMike86 said:

I gotta say it feels good to win the ugly ones lol. Watching this team grow and develop is a lot of fun. Flanigan is proving himself more and more as well.

Future is bright!

Agree.  When we have an ugly game it is normally a blowout.  Good to see us turn an ugly game into a WIN!!  

Steller game from Flanigan. 2 solid games in a row from Cambridge. Shot worse than KY, but won the game on FTs, rebounds (overall), and yes, yes, YES! Turnovers 17-13. Only 13. Great, great job!

People are getting a little film on coop now. Expect teams to decide to make him shoot now. Let's see how he adjusts

13 minutes ago, cole256 said:

People are getting a little film on coop now. Expect teams to decide to make him shoot now. Let's see how he adjusts

Will the addition of Powell negate that?

32 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

Will the addition of Powell negate that?

I don't know exactly what you mean as far as negate it. Us having a shooter will help everybody out. But coop has been so good creating for others and controlling the pace of the game, that  everybody that play us in the future first attempt to make it though on coop will be make him shoot. I mix in some zone and I put a long athletic guy to match up on him and play off

I hope that answer your question if not my bad I may not understand the question thoroughly

15 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I don't know exactly what you mean as far as negate it. Us having a shooter will help everybody out. But coop has been so good creating for others and controlling the pace of the game, that  everybody that play us in the future first attempt to make it though on coop will be make him shoot. I mix in some zone and I put a long athletic guy to match up on him and play off

I hope that answer your question if not my bad I may not understand the question thoroughly

I think his comment on Powell is that he is a really good passer as well, he can find open guys, not to mention his shooting ability. That takes a lot of pressure off of Cooper to create if he has another guy that can draw defenders. Both of them being on the court is beneficial to them both.

1 hour ago, Maverick.AU said:

I think his comment on Powell is that he is a really good passer as well, he can find open guys, not to mention his shooting ability. That takes a lot of pressure off of Cooper to create if he has another guy that can draw defenders. Both of them being on the court is beneficial to them both.

Ah ok. Well yes having another shooter will certainly help. The biggest thing to break zones though if we had a forward or center that can shoot and pass. That would help more than anything. That's where chuma and okoro would come in. Thor has the tools, I don't know about the instinct and patience. 

The more shooters the better, but they have to be accurate. Shooting 30% is capable but means we did what they wanted.

Nothing busts a zone up quicker than high low action though

Thanks for explaining that for me and I hope that helps

Archived