Governor Cuomo Announces to New York That He Doesn’t Trust Experts Anymore #Cuomocide *UPDATE - Cuomo RESIGNS*

DKW 86

I honestly cant wait to watch the squirming from the DNC Sycophants here on this one...
Seems that the Democrat AG of NY State has found that somewhere around 50% of the deaths in NY Nursing homes went CONVENIENTLY uncounted...

Governor Cuomo Announces to New York That He Doesn’t Trust Experts Anymore

The Buffalo News, back in April 2020:

It’s not just the pundits and the public who came away impressed with Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo’s handling of the coronavirus crisis in the early weeks of its spread across New York

Pandemic experts – New York’s epidemiologists and infectious disease physicians – praised Cuomo, too.

“Gov. Cuomo has become an excellent leader on Covid-19, not just for New York, but the entire nation,” said Chloe A. Teasdale, assistant professor of epidemiology and biostatistics at the City University of New York Graduate School of Public Health & Health Policy. “He is using available data and expert scientific input to guide the New York State response and is communicating clearly and frequently with the public about what is happening and what they need to do.”

But it turns out the reassuring story that Cuomo trusted the experts and the experts trusted Cuomo was just another part of the misleading mythology around the New York governor.

And Cuomo isn’t really hiding it anymore. Friday, he said,
“When I say ‘experts’ in air quotes, it sounds like I’m saying I don’t really trust the experts. Because I don’t. Because I don’t.”

The New York Times reports that the state’s deputy commissioner for public health, director of its bureau of communicable-disease control, medical director for epidemiology, and state epidemiologist all resigned in a matter of months, along with five other high-level state health officials, as senior health officials “expressed alarm to one another over being sidelined and treated disrespectfully by the governor.”

That the governor and his administration lied and covered up nursing-home deaths is no longer in dispute. The state ordered nursing homes to readmit recovering but still-contagious elderly patients; the state’s health department removed the order from its website, and earlier this month, Cuomo insisted the order to send patients back into nursing homes “never happened.” CNN, which employs Governor Cuomo’s brother Chris as a primetime anchor, concluded in its fact check that Cuomo’s assertion that “it never happened” is false

And apparently everyone has decided to forget the time in October when Cuomo said he didn’t have confidence in the U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s approval of the coronavirus vaccines.

(You may recall similar stories about New York City mayor Bill de Blasio having similar disregard for experts: “arguments and shouting matches between the mayor and some of his advisers; some top health officials had even threatened to resign if he refused to accept the need to close schools and businesses, according to several people familiar with the internal discussions.” De Blasio spent much of February and March of 2020 insisting that New Yorkers could and should go about their lives normally, despite growing worries about the contagious virus.)

Apparently now that Donald Trump is out of office, it is safe to take a clear-eyed look at the performance of prominent Democratic officeholders and speak honestly about it. Some of us have been speaking honestly about Cuomo since the pandemic began. But all of us would have been better off if this honesty and criticism were far more widespread months ago.

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 1

1) That the governor and his administration lied and covered up nursing-home deaths is no longer in dispute. The state ordered nursing homes to readmit recovering but still-contagious elderly patients; the state’s health department removed the order from its website, and earlier this month,

2) Cuomo insisted the order to send patients back into nursing homes “never happened.” CNN, which employs Governor Cuomo’s brother Chris as a primetime anchor, concluded in its fact check that Cuomo’s assertion that “it never happened” is false.

So, in short:

Gov Cuomo lied to the Media, the Media MORE THAN COVERED UP THE TRUTH FOR HIM, until now.
There were far more deaths (around 50% more) tied to the Governor's Order than previous admitted.
The Media has done everything but give him a rim job on national television as far as coverage has gone.

Cuomo then had an outright Trump moment and just denied what every person in America knew to be the truth. 
Even CNN, the Clown News Network, even had top admit that that was BS. I dont know why. They had to have known about it while they were covering for him and allowing him on his brother's Show where we heard this as analysis.

Then look at what the Clown New Network had to FINALLY SAY about what the real numbers.

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

My own prediction? Chappaquiddick all over again.
Cuomo is a DNC Favorite Son.
He will be VOCIFEROUSLY DEFENDED by the DNC. 
Nothing is going to change.
Nothing is going to happen to him.

Like Rangel, Kennedy, Menendez, et al, The Governor will be re-elected over and over and no one in the press is going to really embarrass him nor call him out to his face. 

For the Record: 
Cuomo has a best selling book.
Cuomo won an Emmy-A ******* EMMY, for his BS Press Conferences
Hell the only thing he hasnt won so far is a Nobel Peace Prize for killing old people. 

Edited by DKW 86

I mean, Sonjay Gupta flat called Cuomo out on this one on CNN.  It was also linked on the main page of their website.  I don't see him really getting a free pass here.

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

I mean, Sonjay Gupta flat called Cuomo out on this one on CNN.  It was also linked on the main page of their website.  I don't see him really getting a free pass here.

He got a pass for 9 months, wrote a book about it and got an Emmy when it was perfectly obvious the man panicked when the virus hit.  That is the definition of a pass.  If the media actually did their job this would have blown up earlier and maybe have changed the heroes of the COVID.  

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

8 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Calling him out once or twice as opposed to repeating on every show for multiple days in a row as they do when anybody who is not one of their favorites has screwed up. This is a man who says he follows the science unlike Trump so that we can be sure we do it the right way but then says he put all those sick people in the nursing homes because Federal government said that was the way to go. Many other states did not put sick people back into nursing homes who got the same guidance. Why wasn't CNN hammering him back when it happened.  Even now the Democrats won't allow all the facts out and when Republican's called for an investigation they shut it down and CNN has not mentioned that. Now it turns out that the numbers were much greater, this is not new news Fox mentioned it months ago. It was immediately discounted by many on this board as Fox is biased which I think they are as are all the cable networks.  But to sit there after this bombshell by the Democratic AG's office and not hammer Cuomo day in and day out shows the extent of the bias from CNN.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

7 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Washington Post and NY Times have too.  I don't see him getting a pass.

They have mentioned it but not repeatedly day after day like they did when Trump screwed up.  They mentioned it just enough so people could say I don't see him getting a pass.

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 1

8 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

7 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Washington Post and NY Times have too.  I don't see him getting a pass.

WTF are yall talking about???? I just handed you about an hours worth of kissing his ass CNN did. 

It cost him nothing. NOTHING AT ALL. Did he give back the Emmy? Did he give back the book royalties? Did he resign in disgrace? Did he get impeached? 

So basically, HELL YEA he got 100% away with it. 

6 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

He got a pass for 9 months, wrote a book about it and got an Emmy when it was perfectly obvious the man panicked when the virus hit.  That is the definition of a pass.  If the media actually did their job this would have blown up earlier and maybe have changed the heroes of the COVID.  

Brother there are none so blind as those that do not want to see what is so obvious right in front of them. 

The CNN piece was meh at best. They tried everything they could to throw him some cover. 

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

Links demanded on the BS "Called out," I just wasted 5 minutes of my life and could not find anything REMOTELY even sounding like him being called out.

https://apnews.com/article/virus-outbreak-donald-trump-pandemics-new-york-andrew-cuomo-7a32db5185b86a62d1accfce147f564e

9 Top N.Y. Health Officials Have Quit as Cuomo Scorns Expertise

“When I say ‘experts’ in air quotes, it sounds like I’m saying I don’t really trust the experts,” Gov. Andrew Cuomo said of pandemic policies. “Because I don’t.”

11 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

:rolleyes:

I am sorry you are right, 12,000 + people died BUT Cuomo inconveniently got some bad words used on him by 2-3 media people across the nation..

How can the deaths of 12,000 compare to some words from 2-3 media people?

Oh the ****** horror...

:drippingsarcasm7pa:

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 1

The way they treat the left and right sides is clearly biased to cover for their goons. If he was a Republican governor it would be front page for a week, instead it’s the equivalent of burying it on the last page of the arts section. 

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

12 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

I am sorry you are right, 12,000 + people died BUT Cuomo inconveniently got some bad words used on him by 2-3 media people across the nation..

How can the deaths of 12,000 compare to some words from 2-3 media people?

Oh the ****** horror...

:drippingsarcasm7pa:

First, let's get real:  Neither you nor I have done anything close to an exhaustive search on who all said or wrote something about this issue.  So don't overstate your case.

Second, what we do know is that CNN aired it and linked to it on their page.  The Washington Post had write ups on it.  The NY Times has had multiple articles on it (you've linked to at least one yourself).  The Associated Press has written about it (again, your link).  And just now with a Google search I've come across articles in the Chicago Tribune, this article from Poynter that discusses Dr. Gupta and Jake Tapper of CNN calling Cuomo out, this article on The Hill (also republished on MSN) referencing the CNN reaction, left-leaning Mediate also called attention to the CNN remarks, and there were other articles as well.

Is it the same reaction that Florida governor Ron DeSantis would get?  I doubt it.  I'm not arguing that the biggest parts of mainstream media don't have a leftward bias.  But what Brad and I did say is that he's hardly gotten a free pass on it and it's more than just passing mentions.

9 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

The way they treat the left and right sides is clearly biased to cover for their goons. If he was a Republican governor it would be front page for a week, instead it’s the equivalent of burying it on the last page of the arts section. 

What I've pointed out above is hardly burying it in the arts section.

• Thanks 2

14 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

They have mentioned it but not repeatedly day after day like they did when Trump screwed up.  They mentioned it just enough so people could say I don't see him getting a pass.

To be fair, Trump's screw ups were continual and on multiple fronts.  He's also the damn President.  No governor is going to get the same kind of national coverage no matter what they do.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

No governor is going to get the same kind of national coverage no matter what they do

The man got an Emmy; how do you get an Emmy and not have national coverage? He wrote a best seller patting himself on the back.  The Dems were telling him he should run for President against Trump.  How is that not national coverage. 

We didn’t know the continual screw ups Cuomo did as the press wouldn’t cover them.

• Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

The man got an Emmy; how do you get an Emmy and not have national coverage?

The circles of influence that lead to an Emmy are not the same as those that lead to national coverage on major national news networks.  He got more (early) favorable coverage than other governors.  But no governor is ever going to outshine the President of the United States.  Period.

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

He wrote a best seller patting himself on the back.  The Dems were telling him he should run for President against Trump.  How is that not national coverage. 

We didn’t know the continual screw ups Cuomo did as the press wouldn’t cover them.

I didn't say he got NO national coverage.  Let's not strawman here.  I said no governor is going to get the SAME KIND of national coverage that the President will.  And I'm right.

57 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

First, let's get real:  Neither you nor I have done anything close to an exhaustive search on who all said or wrote something about this issue.  So don't overstate your case.

Second, what we do know is that CNN aired it and linked to it on their page.  The Washington Post had write ups on it.  The NY Times has had multiple articles on it (you've linked to at least one yourself).  The Associated Press has written about it (again, your link).  And just now with a Google search I've come across articles in the Chicago Tribune, this article from Poynter that discusses Dr. Gupta and Jake Tapper of CNN calling Cuomo out, this article on The Hill (also republished on MSN) referencing the CNN reaction, left-leaning Mediate also called attention to the CNN remarks, and there were other articles as well.

Is it the same reaction that Florida governor Ron DeSantis would get?  I doubt it.  I'm not arguing that the biggest parts of mainstream media don't have a leftward bias.  But what Brad and I did say is that he's hardly gotten a free pass on it and it's more than just passing mentions.

What I've pointed out above is hardly burying it in the arts section.

You left out the fact that he got a free pass for months when the original information came out about his plan to put sick people with a highly contagious disease into nursing homes where the most vulnerable people lived. This helped him to get the Emmy awards and the fawning CNN and others did about what a great job he did when they knew he didn't. What finally forced them to do some coverage was when the numbers came out showing that they had hidden the number of deaths by 55% even CNN and NY Times could no longer cover for him. 

The original numbers were horrific but no coverage so anybody trying to say he was treated the same as any other Governor look at the coverage of Florida by CNN at same time where the numbers were much better than NY you would have thought DeSantis was a mass murder.  

Titan I have always respected you and held you in high regard even when we disagreed but if you can't see the blatant double standard here my opinion of you is changing. 

• Facepalm 1

15 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

You left out the fact that he got a free pass for months when the original information came out about his plan to put sick people with a highly contagious disease into nursing homes where the most vulnerable people lived. This helped him to get the Emmy awards and the fawning CNN and others did about what a great job he did when they knew he didn't. What finally forced them to do some coverage was when the numbers came out showing that they had hidden the number of deaths by 55% even CNN and NY Times could no longer cover for him. 

No, there was coverage between March and September about it last year.

Business Insider

PolitiFact

ABC News

NY Times

NY Times, again

Newsday

Wall Street Journal

ProPublica

CNN

Took me longer to type it up and include the links than it took to find the stories with some basic Googling.

The original numbers were horrific but no coverage so anybody trying to say he was treated the same as any other Governor look at the coverage of Florida by CNN at same time where the numbers were much better than NY you would have thought DeSantis was a mass murder.  

I specifically said DeSantis would have gotten more coverage over such a decision.

Titan I have always respected you and held you in high regard even when we disagreed but if you can't see the blatant double standard here my opinion of you is changing. 

I'm not sure what you're reading or if you're reading what I said at all if this is your take.

I literally said DeSantis would have gotten more coverage for the same terrible decision and I specifically said that the biggest parts of the mainstream media have a leftward bias. 

But I've also said - and I'm still right - that no governor is going to get the same kind of coverage for almost anything as the President of the United States will.  And that's just assuming the things they are doing are roughly equal in "newsworthiness."  But even moreso when the POTUS goes weeks or months giving almost daily press briefings making fantastic claims and pushing controversial or debunked unscientific nonsense.

• Like 1

The Truth here is that you are doing huge false equivalence. Cuomo got a a number of articles that were mildly negative after a bone headed policy that was poorly written that in large part lead to the deaths of about 12k people was covered up by his administration. 

You still are blind to or refuse to admit that Cuomo got away with it. Anything short of a recall or an Impeachment is probanly just nothing anyway. He probably made huge bank on the book. He will on the Emmy. He lost nothing and a few talking heads no longer kissing his ass is no loss at all. 

Face it. He got away with it. It cost him nothing. 12k dead and it cost him NOTHING. No one has resigned except the experts he now refuses to take seriously.  Cuomo is trump-lite. They both select info that agrees with them and follow that. Cuomo is still offering up turd sandwiches even today about this. IT COST HIM NOTHING. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

The Truth here is that you are doing huge false equivalence. Cuomo got a a number of articles that were mildly negative after a bone headed policy that was poorly written that in large part lead to the deaths of about 12k people was covered up by his administration. 

You still are blind to or refuse to admit that Cuomo got away with it. Anything short of a recall or an Impeachment is probanly just nothing anyway. He probably made huge bank on the book. He will on the Emmy. He lost nothing and a few talking heads no longer kissing his ass is no loss at all. 

Face it. He got away with it. It cost him nothing. 12k dead and it cost him NOTHING. No one has resigned except the experts he now refuses to take seriously.  Cuomo is trump-lite. They both select info that agrees with them and follow that. Cuomo is still offering up turd sandwiches even today about this. IT COST HIM NOTHING. 

I'm doing nothing of the sort.  And he's not gotten away with it.  Not yet at least.  And my bet is, this has basically torpedoed any notions of him running for President.  Should it have cost him more?  Sure.  But that point can be expressed without the exaggerations that I pointed out.

Waaaaah Waaaaaah Whaaaaah!   Liberal press!!

MAGAs.    ******* cultist QAnon believers.    And they think their biggest problem is a "liberal" press. :laugh:

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

I didn't say he got NO national coverage.  Let's not strawman here.  I said no governor is going to get the SAME KIND of national coverage that the President will.  And I'm right.

Yes, you’re right.

I didn’t say he got MORE national coverage from the media, just that he was not scrutinized by the media like the President did during the early part of the pandemic.  

Example:  He was late on the 15 days of lock down by a week or so with little notice by the media.  Later in that month NYC exploded with cases.  Not a lot of questions asked.  The media was more concerned with Trump suggesting he would like to see the lock down end by Easter.  The media and the Dems made the COVID political and we find out that some Democratic Governors followed suit by putting COVID positive patients back in nursing homes.

You can say Trump was the President and Cuomo was just the Governor, but early on the administration’s policy was to delegate the responsibility of pandemic decisions to the leader of the state.  It showed who was a reasonable leader and the media failed at their jobs again.  They were so bias it appeared they gave Democratic Governors passes while demonizing Republican Governors.

The Justice Department on Wednesday sent letters to the governors of New York and three other Democratic-led states, seeking data on whether they violated federal law by ordering public nursing homes to accept recovering COVID-19 patients from hospitals — actions that have been criticized for potentially fueling the spread of the virus.

Prosecutors said the fact-finding letters also sent to New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Michigan were aimed at determining whether the orders “may have resulted in the deaths of thousands of elderly nursing home residents.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/doj-seeks-data-nursing-home-deaths-4-states-led-democrats-n1238399

You’ll notice the article was written in late August, the wheels of the DOJ turn slowly.

Did Cuomo have anything to do with the other Dem governor’s decisions?  Hard to say.

It appears the country didn’t come together during a time of grave concern and that is disappointing.

• Dislike 1