Governor Cuomo Announces to New York That He Doesn’t Trust Experts Anymore #Cuomocide *UPDATE - Cuomo RESIGNS*

DKW 86

24 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

You must want DeSantis to become President.  LOL

I can think of worse

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

Back on topic a bit...there is a schadenfreude-ish side of me that wants Cuomo to fight this and see just how big a shitshow this can turn into.

• Dislike 1

19 hours ago, bigbird said:

I can think of worse

One can almost always come up with worse.  But the question is, would he be a good president?  I think the answer to that is 'no.'  And no, being "not a Democrat" isn't enough.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

One can almost always come up with worse.  But the question is, would he be a good president?  I think the answer to that is 'no.'  

I honestly don't know much about him. I would need to research his positions and platform before ever committing to voting for him.  However, that's not any different than what I do for everyone else.

2 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

And no, being "not a Democrat" isn't enough.

It never has been for me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Here’s why Andrew Cuomo could still survive his sordid sexual harassment scandalBy Andrea PeyserAugust 4, 2021 | 7:27pm | Updated

New York’s Gov. Andrew Cuomo is perhaps the canniest politician in America — a liberal Democrat with an internal GPS that tells him with pinpoint accuracy when to turn into the conservative lane.

Can the previously popular pol survive a sex-harassment scandal that threatens to turn the feminist fighter into not just a fire-breathing hypocrite, but a potential criminal?

Yes, he can.

If anyone can retain his job, his self-respect and his mind after being accused of touching, groping, bullying – or some combination of all three – 11 women without their consent, it’s Andrew Cuomo.

Cuomo vows not to step down from the governorship, leveling the somewhat cringe-worthy claim that he’s a hugger, not a groper. Nothing to see here! But while new polls show he’s lost a majority of voters’ support, he still has friends, allies and fans, who could flood back into his corner at a moment’s notice should he present a compelling case for his innocence. Beating this will be tough, but far from impossible.

Cuomo’s political skills were honed at the feet of his late dad, Mario, and perfected under the administration of former President Bill Clinton in which he served as secretary of Housing and Urban Development in the ’90s. There, Cuomo learned that some policies considered leftist orthodoxy can and should be broken. Throwing large sums of money at the homeless crisis accomplishes nothing, he concluded, and tackling drug abuse and-mental health issues with tough-love as requirements for free or affordable housing is not just the best way to address the problem, but the only way. It was a surprisingly right-wing stance.

New York Attorney General Letitia James and independent investigators Anne L. Clark and Joon H. Kim present the findings of an independent investigation into Gov. Andrew Cuomo on Aug. 3, 2021.
David Dee Delgado/Getty Images

And as it turns out, he was right.

Other social issues put him squarely in the leftist box. He supported same-sex marriage before Barack Obama did, and swears allegiance to abortion rights and cannabis legalization — though these issues tend to please New York voters, or at least fail to galvanize any meaningful opposition.

But his political future, or lack of it, may be determined by something unrelated to the particular trouble in which he’s mired. A lot of it depends on the fortunes of #MeToo.

The movement that took down Harvey Weinstein and cost Kevin Spacey TV and film roles now has Cuomo in its crosshairs. But all evidence indicates that as a political power, #MeToo has lost its mojo and has turned into a punchline, a one-size-fits-all cudgel for the unglued hatred of men.

President Joe Biden called on Gov. Andrew Cuomo to resign after sexual harassment report came out.
Win McNamee/Getty Images

The once-necessary corrective to male (and it’s usually male) predations went on life support after its adherents drove from office the jokemeister ex-Sen Al Franken for pretending to grab a woman back when he was still a comedian. It went into its death throes after some of the same people hounded nonagenarian ex-Prez George H.W. Bush to his grave for allegedly patting women’s backsides with the same fury once reserved for the like of Bill Cosby.

Oddly, Cuomo’s highest-ranking current opponent, President Joe Biden, has been caught up in his own touchy-feely #MeToo brouhaha, with his repeated, uninvited, manhandling of women and girls. Voters, however, were more than happy to excuse Uncle Joe’s demonstrated creepiness as mere examples of Joe being Joe.

Biden publicly apologized for his behavior. So did Cuomo.

Just wait. Pretty soon, all will be forgiven.

FILED UNDER #METOO  ANDREW CUOMO  

Hw bad was the coverage for the Cuomosexuals?

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1422703718651289601.html

Drew Holden Profile picture

Drew Holden

3 Aug, 24 tweets, 21 min read
🧵THREAD🧵

@NYGovCuomo thinks he can survive the bombshell report about his sexual misconduct from his own state AG because lots of corporate media outlets have worked hard to deceive the country into thinking Gov. Cuomo is a hero.

Don’t remember? Read on ⤵️ 
The only place to start is with @CNN, where Cuomo’s brother @ChrisCuomo works.

I’m sure you all remember what the love fest looked like back then. This is meant to be straight news coverage!E751f_jWEAQqBA6.jpgE751gAHXMAEekRr.jpgE751gAIWEAEmStW.jpgE751gAIXEAE6ROC.jpg
And of course it wasn’t just the network. There were plenty of their main voices who chimed in.

Perhaps the staunchest supporter proved to be @ananavarro, even after the sexual harassment allegations surfaced.E751hMIXMAMFN0o.jpgE751hSUWYAIeR2y.jpgE751hUHXMAocIrS.jpg
This quote from @ChrisCillizza always gets me, and I couldn’t not include it here.E751iDRWUAEKmMe.jpgE751iD0XoAEoCJp.jpg
Is it any wonder that one of @NYGovCuomo’s biggest cheerleaders throughout the process was his brother @ChrisCuomo?

The “Luv Guv dishing the real 24/7” quote didn’t quite hold up.E751i4lXEAUY50H.jpgE751i5MWQAUECiL.jpg
But CNN was far from alone among the broadcast networks. @MSNBC worked overtime to get Cuomo on and carried water for him even well after some of his scandals had started to come to light.E751jutWEAMq1WU.jpgE751jtZWUAQHJ3l.jpg
And like CNN, their leading voices were all-aboard the Cuomo train.

Here’s @JoyAnnReid providing a timely reminder that worshipping politicians is always bad but is particularly harmful when you’re meant to cover them.E751khiXMAo9mmc.jpgE751kjDXEAU7Zmp.jpgE751kjoXMAYSSxD.jpgE751kjuX0AELmfQ.jpg
It wasn’t just broadcast. Here’s a quote that’s always stuck with me from @washingtonpost writers @sarahellison and @bterris (straight news, not an opinion, mind you) that Cuomo is “the strongman who can admit he’s wrong.”E751lVqWEAwNAFP.jpgE751lVpWYAQH1bJ.jpgE751lY6XsAUlD27.jpgE751lawWEAInPuT.jpg
Some of the coverage from @nytimes about Cuomo was commendable and has held up well in retrospect.

Some of it has…well, not so much.E751mZpX0AgONgy.jpg
Here’s @NPR doing much of the same: applauding @NYGovCuomo’s personality traits.

NPR, do you still stand by Cuomo as someone “listening to the experts and sticking to the facts” as he rejects calls to step down?E751nAQWUAMFvEv.jpg
A lot of what was written was too generous to even pass for PR. I mean it was just one long vanity project by Cuomo, with the press doing his bidding at seemingly every turn.

Here’s @RollingStone.E751nnDXEAYip6G.jpg
In that vein, might be a good day to delete this one, @HuffPostE751oJ0XIAox-1d.jpg
Ditto on the deletion for this piece, @voguemagazine and @chelseahandler (what comedy!)E751owcWEAoS4E1.jpg
I’m running out of words to describe how over the top the media adulation of @NYGovCuomo was but I haven’t run out of outlets, unfortunately. @DEADLINE, @enews, @TODAYshowE751pdhX0AY41YH.jpgE751peHX0AIiY_H.jpgE751peIX0AEGQQm.jpg
Could anyone forget the evolution of the “Cuomosexuals” during all this? @latimes did a whole piece about it.

Is it any wonder that media outlets reporting on how the Governor had inspired a new sexuality were willing to look away from his scandals?E751qGeWYAA3lWz.jpg
There are a bunch of others like this that I don’t have space to feature on their own or the mental strength remaining to analyze, including:

@Independent
@VanityFair (I mean cmon)
@Salon (yikes)
@Slate (please, never change)E751qmqWQAcs-Wf.jpgE751qmqWYAEog_y.jpgE751qodXoAMMsnF.jpgE751qpHWUAwdHtc.jpg
Some outlets didn’t take the bait. There was great coverage from a number of publications, including @NewYorker and @propublica, as well as both conservative outlets like NY Post and @WSJ, and local outlets (@NY1 and many others).

The real story was out there all along.E751ruoX0AgWs0A.jpgE751rupXoAEvqKU.jpgE751rvNXEAEMRv1.jpgE751rwMX0AIAPJB.jpg
Despite that, plenty of opinion writers went to great lengths to make Cuomo into a hero that he wasn’t. Here’s thread favorite @JRubinBlogger.E751sopWQAY9j5V.jpgE751soqXEAMqiZ-.jpgE751spQWQAkc9Cj.jpg
I’m not sure that “empathy” is the word that comes to mind in all this, @maureendowd.

The entire Cuomo experience was a pretty good litmus test, though, of the outlets and voices who simply weren’t discriminating enough in their coverage of a public figure.E751tUAWYAcd72F.jpg
And speaking of, the funny people were, well, not exactly speaking truth to power. There were others but the worst of it was really led by @TheDailyShow.E751t7FWUAMPB7g.jpgE751t8WXsAA_gEn.jpgE751t8SXIAMFQOq.jpg
I had to see it so you do, too. @buzzfeedE751u5FXIAAseRr.jpg
I mean, based on what @NYGovCuomo has said about sexual harassment in the workplace, I don’t see how he can do anything but resign.E751vmBWYAIDt5G.jpgE751vmBWUAAUfOt.jpgE751vmtX0AAfuJm.jpgE751vnSWUAAN_bK.jpg
But what we can’t lose in all of this is that @NYGovCuomo is also responsible for the deaths of thousands of seniors across New York because of his disastrous handling of coronavirus. He’s escaped accountability to date.

Hopefully this development will bring attention to that. 
The most important role of the press is to serve as a watchdog over people and institutions in power. The corporate press came down with a serious case of Stockholm Syndrome when it comes to @NYGovCuomo.

The results shouldn’t shock us. 

• Dislike 1

• TitanTiger changed the title to Governor Cuomo Announces to New York That He Doesn’t Trust Experts Anymore #Cuomocide *UPDATE - Cuomo RESIGNS*

Got to say, as an apology, he did about as good a job as he could have done. Still should have kept his hands to himself..