Governor Cuomo Announces to New York That He Doesn’t Trust Experts Anymore #Cuomocide *UPDATE - Cuomo RESIGNS*

DKW 86

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

Yes, you’re right.

I didn’t say he got MORE national coverage from the media, just that he was not scrutinized by the media like the President did during the early part of the pandemic.  

And what I said is true of this as well.  No governor is going to get as much national coverage from the media AND neither is any governor going to be as scrutinized by the media as the President would. 

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

Example:  He was late on the 15 days of lock down by a week or so with little notice by the media.  Later in that month NYC exploded with cases.  Not a lot of questions asked.  The media was more concerned with Trump suggesting he would like to see the lock down end by Easter.  The media and the Dems made the COVID political and we find out that some Democratic Governors followed suit by putting COVID positive patients back in nursing homes.

You can say Trump was the President and Cuomo was just the Governor, but early on the administration’s policy was to delegate the responsibility of pandemic decisions to the leader of the state.  It showed who was a reasonable leader and the media failed at their jobs again.  They were so bias it appeared they gave Democratic Governors passes while demonizing Republican Governors.

The Justice Department on Wednesday sent letters to the governors of New York and three other Democratic-led states, seeking data on whether they violated federal law by ordering public nursing homes to accept recovering COVID-19 patients from hospitals — actions that have been criticized for potentially fueling the spread of the virus.

Prosecutors said the fact-finding letters also sent to New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Michigan were aimed at determining whether the orders “may have resulted in the deaths of thousands of elderly nursing home residents.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/doj-seeks-data-nursing-home-deaths-4-states-led-democrats-n1238399

You’ll notice the article was written in late August, the wheels of the DOJ turn slowly.

Did Cuomo have anything to do with the other Dem governor’s decisions?  Hard to say.

It appears the country didn’t come together during a time of grave concern and that is disappointing.

Like I said, if you're expecting any governor to get as much coverage - favorable or unfavorable - as a sitting President, you're going to be in for a lot of disappointment.  It's simply the wrong measuring stick to make your case about coverage of Cuomo's decisions.

14 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Like I said, if you're expecting any governor to get as much coverage - favorable or unfavorable - as a sitting President, you're going to be in for a lot of disappointment.  It's simply the wrong measuring stick to make your case about coverage of Cuomo's decisions.

Where have all the journalists gone?  The answer my friend is blowin’ in the wind, the answer is blowin’ in the wind.

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

I'm doing nothing of the sort.  And he's not gotten away with it.  Not yet at least.  And my bet is, this has basically torpedoed any notions of him running for President.  Should it have cost him more?  Sure.  But that point can be expressed without the exaggerations that I pointed out.

😳 I would mock you here, but what would be the point. 12K dead based in part on his not listening to the science and we are supposed to feel like he is punished for not being President? I was right, it is the Kennedy Justice again. 

3 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

😳 I would mock you here, but what would be the point. 12K dead based in part on his not listening to the science and we are supposed to feel like he is punished for not being President? I was right, it is the Kennedy Justice again. 

What punishment do you propose?  And we have a lot of politicians who didn't listen to the science, or rejected science they didn't like in lieu of other "science" that allowed them to do what they wanted in the first place, including Trump, DeSantis, Kemp, and others.  Help me out here...are we looking at jail time?  Massive fines?  Immediate removal from office?  

I get it.  Cuomo ****** up and was smug while doing it.  NYC had an awful run of COVID, some of which could be attributed to his poor decisions and some of which is unique to the size and population density of the city.  But you act like people around here are defending him or something.  All we're saying is that you're making some exaggerations to make your case but even that slight bit of pushback sends you careening into hyperbolic ranting.

Spare me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

No, there was coverage between March and September about it last year.

Business Insider

PolitiFact

ABC News

NY Times

NY Times, again

Newsday

Wall Street Journal

ProPublica

CNN

Took me longer to type it up and include the links than it took to find the stories with some basic Googling.

I specifically said DeSantis would have gotten more coverage over such a decision.

I'm not sure what you're reading or if you're reading what I said at all if this is your take.

I literally said DeSantis would have gotten more coverage for the same terrible decision and I specifically said that the biggest parts of the mainstream media have a leftward bias. 

But I've also said - and I'm still right - that no governor is going to get the same kind of coverage for almost anything as the President of the United States will.  And that's just assuming the things they are doing are roughly equal in "newsworthiness."  But even moreso when the POTUS goes weeks or months giving almost daily press briefings making fantastic claims and pushing controversial or debunked unscientific nonsense.

i just read most but not all of that. some of the articles are from JULY 2020. some are just regurgitation of the CNN-Gupta-Tapper exchange. All but 2 so far are innocuous as can be. 

Sorry, i am not feeling the wrath equal to 12k dead. 

Edited by DKW 86

Just now, DKW 86 said:

i just read most but not all of that. some of the articles are from JULY 2020. some are just regurgitation of the CNN-Gupta-Tapper exchange. All but 2 so far are innocuous as can be. 

Yes, that was the point.  They were written during the time he was making these decisions or shortly after.  In other words, the press didn't just sit around and say nothing until we discovered he underreported the number a few weeks back.

Just now, DKW 86 said:

Sorry, i am bot feeling the wrath equal to 12k dead. 

But how does that translate into what it is you think should be done about it.  You keep saying he hasn't been punished.  What (realistic) punishment or repercussions are you seeking here?  And should they also apply to other governors and former President Trump (damn it feels good to say "former" there) for the science they ignored that cost lives?

20 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

What punishment do you propose?  And we have a lot of politicians who didn't listen to the science, or rejected science they didn't like in lieu of other "science" that allowed them to do what they wanted in the first place, including Trump, DeSantis, Kemp, and others.  Help me out here...are we looking at jail time?  Massive fines?  Immediate removal from office?  

I get it.  Cuomo ****** up and was smug while doing it.  NYC had an awful run of COVID, some of which could be attributed to his poor decisions and some of which is unique to the size and population density of the city.  But you act like people around here are defending him or something.  All we're saying is that you're making some exaggerations to make your case but even that slight bit of pushback sends you careening into hyperbolic ranting.

Spare me.

Sorry that Dead People cant speak for themselves. Sorry you dont give a ****. Read up on the families of the Dead. Trump screwed up he got runoff. Cuomo screws up, he gets a book deal and an Emmy. i dont remember any other governors with book deals, Emmys, or wall to wall ass kissing from the media on what a SuperdiDuper Kind of a Guy they were and touting for their run for President. Except maybe Avenetti, boy wonder and now ward of the federal prison system. 

Edited by DKW 86
  • Facepalm 1

Just now, DKW 86 said:

Sorry that Dead People cant speak for themselves. Sorry you dont give a ****. Read up on the families of the Dead. Trump screwed up he got runoff. Cuomo screws up, he gets a book deal and an Emmy. i dont remember any other governors with book deals, Emmys, or wall to wall ass kissing from the media on what a SuperdiDuper Kindnof Giy they were and touting their run for President. Except maybe Avenetti, boy wonder and now ward of the federal prison system. 

You just can't help yourself.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2021 at 5:30 PM, AuburnNTexas said:

Calling him out once or twice as opposed to repeating on every show for multiple days in a row as they do when anybody who is not one of their favorites has screwed up. 

You're confusing reasonable, responsible coverage in the news with the 24/7 dreck of Fox. NewsMax and OAN. Because what you just posted there? That's the Fox, NewsMax, OAN model.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

You're confusing reasonable, responsible coverage in the news with the 24/7 dreck of Fox. NewsMax and OAN. Because what you just posted there? That's the Fox, NewsMax, OAN model.

Need to add CNN and NBC/MSNBC to the list. About on par with Fox, I don't even care about the other two....I am sure they have a left equivalent, but hell they are all mostly garbage now. Each side just wants to advance their agenda and get those clicks for money.

11 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

I tried not to laugh when I read your response. I totally agree that Fox takes sides and repeats anything that hurts the Liberal side of our country over and over, but I see that NY Times, CNN, and MSNBC do the same thing repeating stories over and over to hurt the conservative side of the country. If either group of News organizations were true journalists they would have the same standards for a legitimate story with the same amount of coverage.

Twenty years ago if a governor from any state in the US would have done the same thing as Cuomo did with the nursing homes and then we later found out that the number of actual deaths had been conveniently covered up every paper and news organization would have covered it Ad Nauseum. There would have been a recall effort and a true investigation.  

Titan made a valid point that there is always more coverage of a President then a Governor and I agree with it when just normal news but when a Governor's actions directly leads to thousands of needless deaths the story itself is so important that it should be covered until we at least force the NY Legislators to open an investigation with Subpoena powers to see if Cuomo had been warned by his health experts and deliberately ignored their recommendation. If so then criminal action should be taken. 

If somebody you knew and loved died because of it you would be upset and would demand a independent investigation. I have yet to hear CNN or NY times demand it over and over until it happens. That is the double standard in news coverage and sadly you take sides and only assume one side of our news organizations are biased. If something like the minimal coverage of the Cuomo scandal doesn't open your eyes I don't know what will.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

On 2/3/2021 at 10:46 AM, I_M4_AU said:

He got a pass for 9 months, wrote a book about it and got an Emmy when it was perfectly obvious the man panicked when the virus hit.  That is the definition of a pass.  If the media actually did their job this would have blown up earlier and maybe have changed the heroes of the COVID.  

The "pass" in this case that I'm referring to are on his comments which the OP is based on.

On 2/3/2021 at 5:30 PM, AuburnNTexas said:

Calling him out once or twice as opposed to repeating on every show for multiple days in a row as they do when anybody who is not one of their favorites has screwed up. This is a man who says he follows the science unlike Trump so that we can be sure we do it the right way but then says he put all those sick people in the nursing homes because Federal government said that was the way to go. Many other states did not put sick people back into nursing homes who got the same guidance. Why wasn't CNN hammering him back when it happened.  Even now the Democrats won't allow all the facts out and when Republican's called for an investigation they shut it down and CNN has not mentioned that. Now it turns out that the numbers were much greater, this is not new news Fox mentioned it months ago. It was immediately discounted by many on this board as Fox is biased which I think they are as are all the cable networks.  But to sit there after this bombshell by the Democratic AG's office and not hammer Cuomo day in and day out shows the extent of the bias from CNN.

Who's saying CNN isn't biased?  And yes, he should be getting hammered about these comments.  But you guys keep conflating coverage of this issue with regards to his comments about doctors with what happened earlier in the pandemic, which is a separate issue altogether that deserves attention.

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Who's saying CNN isn't biased?  And yes, he should be getting hammered about these comments.  But you guys keep conflating coverage of this issue with regards to his comments about doctors with what happened earlier in the pandemic, which is a separate issue altogether that deserves attention.

Cuomo is Trump lite. But as a Dem, nothing has happened to him and nothing ever will. See Ted Kennedy.

Just now, DKW 86 said:

Cuomo is Trump lite. But as a Dem, nothing has happened to him and nothing ever will. See Ted Kennedy.

He also hasn't come up for election yet.  Maybe we should wait to see if it hits him at the polls when that time comes?  Because that's what happened with Trump.

7 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

He also hasn't come up for election yet.  Maybe we should wait to see if it hits him at the polls when that time comes?  Because that's what happened with Trump.

Brad, you are crack if you  think he is not going to roll in the next election. He is a Cuomo, the next best thing to a Kennedy. He is a Dem. See Rangel, Menendez, Northam, and a dozen more. Getting caught like this simply doesnt hurt a Dem in office. The party would rather have the office in their control do the right thing, period.

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, DKW 86 said:

Brad, you are crack if you  think he is not going to roll in the next election. He is a Cuomo, the next best thing to a Kennedy. He is a Dem. See Rangel, Menendez, Northam, and a dozen more. Getting caught like this simply doesnt hurt a Dem in office. The party would rather have the office in their control period.

DKW, you are on crack if you don't think he will be primaried from the left.  And it won't be easy for him to roll over a primary challenger in a place like NY.

Also, it's a ridiculous statement to say "the party would rather have the office in their control, period" like it only applies to Dems.  Be real here dude.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

DKW, you are on crack if you don't think he will be primaried from the left.  And it won't be easy for him to roll over a primary challenger in a place like NY.

Also, it's a ridiculous statement to say "the party would rather have the office in their control, period" like it only applies to Dems.  Be real here dude.

Northam, Rangel, Menendez, et al say hi...They didnt get primaried at all. You are living in a fantasy world if you are sitting here denying FACTUAL REALITY.

Edited by DKW 86

9 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Northam, Rangel, Menendez, et al say hi...They didnt get primaried at all. You are living in a fantasy world if you are sitting here denying FACTUAL REALITY.

It's not factual that he won't get primaried.  AOC challenged from the left in that very same state and won a primary over a long time incumbent.  You're  projecting.  I'm saying we simply don't know yet but that it's a strong possibility.

Edited by Brad_ATX
  • Like 1

On 2/3/2021 at 7:07 PM, DKW 86 said:

I am sorry you are right, 12,000 + people died BUT Cuomo inconveniently got some bad words used on him by 2-3 media people across the nation..

How can the deaths of 12,000 compare to some words from 2-3 media people?

Oh the ****** horror...

:drippingsarcasm7pa:

He’s the Dems Trump. Must be something in the water around NY. 

Well, we have a honest to goodness coverup the Cuomo administration coordinated.

The stunning admission by Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s top aide that the administration withheld the state’s nursing home death toll out of fear that the damning numbers would “be used against us” by the feds has sparked bipartisan calls for a thorough probe — and prosecution of the governor.

“Governor Cuomo, the Secretary to the Governor, and his senior team must be prosecuted immediately – both by the Attorney General of New York State and the U.S. Department of Justice,” US Rep. Elise Stefanik (R-NY) wrote in a statement.

“This bombshell admission of a coverup and the remarks by the Secretary to the Governor indicating intent to obstruct any federal investigation is a stunning and criminal abuse of power,” Stefanik continued.

https://nypost.com/2021/02/12/cuomo-aides-admission-on-nursing-home-coverup-sparks-calls-for-probe/

To add insult to injury (from the article):

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) said Cuomo “has blood on his hands.”

“The Cuomo Coverup led to needless deaths of New Yorkers everyone knew were at risk. And Fredo and CNN helped him hide it while laughing about it!” Greene said in a tweet, using Trump’s reference to CNN anchor Chris Cuomo based on Fredo Corleone, the ineffective son from “The Godfather.”

Now we can see, under the Biden DOJ, if Cuomo gets a pass.

• Haha 1