Auburn Gymnastics πŸ₯‡πŸ₯ˆπŸ₯‰

AUBwins

I thought she performed very well....I hope she gets the support she deserves....still baffles me why a girl who dances with another girlΒ is getting so much hype???? A great role model for young girls....Go Suni!!!

• Like 1

Olivia Greaves is a highly ranked 5-star Sr. international elite gymnast & Auburn commit (rankedΒ #9 in the 2022Β class).Β 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _Β 

After Two Difficult Years, Olivia Greaves Finds Renewed Happiness in Elite and Auburn Gymnastics

Full story:Β https://collegegymnews.com/2021/09/23/after-two-difficult-years-olivia-greaves-finds-renewed-happiness-in-elite-and-auburn-gymnastics/

At the U.S. championships in the summer of 2019, Olivia Greaves, a junior training at MG Elite, had the competition of a lifetime, winning gold on the uneven bars and bronze in the all around. As her career was taking off, the next obvious step seemed to be the 2020 Olympics.

[...]

The person who first put her in touch with Auburn head coach Jeff Graba was Olympic champion and incoming Tiger Sunisa Lee. β€œThe day I lost my scholarship to Florida, [Suni] texted me right away and said she gave my number to the Auburn coaches,” Greaves explained. β€œShe had been a true friend first and was so supportive to me throughout this whole process. I’m so incredibly proud of her for winning the Olympics, and I can’t wait to be teammates in college.”

As Greaves visited Auburn, she knew from the beginning that she belonged there. β€œThe coaches were differentβ€”they all want me to succeed not only with gymnastics but in life, too,” she said. β€œThey were very welcoming on every level, and that made me feel like this is where I was meant to be.”

[...]

Before starting the next chapter of her life in college, though, Greaves hasn’t closed the door on elite yet. She’s β€œvery ready to get back out” again, and she hopes her first big comeback meet will be the world championships in Japan in October.Β 

[...]

https://collegegymnews.com/2021/09/23/after-two-difficult-years-olivia-greaves-finds-renewed-happiness-in-elite-and-auburn-gymnastics/

Edited by AUreo
  • Like 1

Per reddit, confirmed gymnasts who recentlyΒ attended the National team camp (leading to Team USA selection for this yearsΒ World ChampionshipsΒ in Japan in October):

Β 

5-star Leanne Wong (Florida commit)

5-star Kayla Di Cello (Florida commit)Β 

5-star Olivia Greaves (AuburnΒ commit)

5-star Ciena Alipio (UCLA commit)

4-star Skye Blakely (Florida commit)

4-star Emjae Frazier (California commit)

4-star Addison Fatta (uncommitted)

4-star Ava Sigfelt (Oklahoma commit)

3-star Amari Drayton (uncommitted)

Not in Attendance

5-star Konnor McClainΒ (LSU commit) - will participate inΒ trials

3-star Zoe Miller (uncommitted)

Edited by AUreo

This is the full list:

Women's artistic program holds training camp in Indianapolis

https://usagym.org/pages/post.html?PostID=26623

INDIANAPOLIS, September 27, 2021 - Over the weekend, elite junior and senior women's artistic gymnasts came together at The Gymnastics Company in Indianapolis to train ahead of next month's World team selection camp.Β 

While the senior gymnasts have their eyes on the upcoming Artistic Gymnastics World Championships set to take place October 18-24 in Kitakyushu, Japan, junior athletes in attendance worked toward the 2021 Junior Pan American Games in Cali, Colombia later this year.Β 
Β 

- - - -

Olivia Greaves is already committed to Auburn and Jr. EliteΒ Charlotte Booth has some huge potential - she follows Auburn on social media (+LSU and Florida). MIAΒ 4-star elite Auburn commit Lyden Saltness.

Junior

• Charlotte Booth, Clermont, Fla./Brandy Johnson's Global Gymnastics
  • Kailin Chio, Henderson, Nev./Gymcats Gymnastics
  • Katelyn Jong, Allen, Texas/Metroplex Gymnastics
  • Levi Jung-Ruivivar, Maple Grove, Minn./Twin City Twisters
  • Kaliya Lincoln, Frisco, Texas/WOGA Gymnastics
  • Nola Matthews, Gilroy, Calif./Airborne Gymnastics Training Center
  • Ella Murphy, Frisco, Texas/WOGA Gymnastics
  • Ella Kate Parker, West Chester, Ohio/Cincinnati Gymnastics
  • Azaraya Ra-Akbar, Columbia, Md./World Class Gymnastics
  • Joscelyn Roberson, Texarkana, Texas/North East Texas Elite Gymnastics
  • Izzy Stassi, North Royalton, Ohio/Gym X-Treme
  • Gabby Van Frayen, Lewis Center, Ohio/Gym X-Treme

Senior

• Ciena Alipio, San Jose, Calif./Midwest Gymnastics Center
  • Skye Blakely, Frisco, Texas/WOGA Gymnastics
  • Kayla DiCello, Boyds, Md./Hill's Gymnastics
  • Amari Drayton, Spring, Texas/World Champions Centre
  • Addison Fatta, Wrightsville, Pa./Prestige Gymnastics
  • eMjae Frazier, Erial, N.J./Parkettes National Gymnastics Center
  • Olivia Greaves, Staten Island, N.Y./World Champions Centre
  • Ava Siegfeldt, Williamsburg, Va./World Class Gymnastics
  • Leanne Wong, Overland Park, Kan./Great American Gymnastics Express
Edited by AUreo

Some updates:

Addison Fatta will not attend Worlds selection campΒ due to an injury. This means Olivia Greaves might have a better shot now (of course, I don't wish injuries on anyone).

Big recruiting weekends all over the country:

Alabama had three 5-star recruits on campus this weekend (#3 in the nation Kylie Coen, #4 Lily Smith, and #12 Jamison Sears), 4-star Pricilla Park, and 3-star Whitney Bjerken + ...Arch Manning on an official visit... what a huge weekend for them. 🀒

LSU hosted 5-star Elizabeth Gantner (#1 recruit in the nation and UGA decommit. I really hope we are recruiting her.), 3-star Zoe Miller (who is now committed to LSU) and some of their 2022 commits.

UCLA mostly hosted longtime commits this weekend (5-star SelenaΒ Harris, 4-stars Sydney Barros andΒ Katelyn Rosen, among others).

Not sure whether Auburn hosted any recruits but most of the top recruits visited other places this weekend. Maybe we will host some recruits this weekend (might not be an ideal weekend considering we are playing UGA but seems like we are going toΒ have some 5-star Football and Basketball recruits in town later this week).

Edited by AUreo
  • Like 1

DWTS: Suni advancesΒ to the next round. There was also quite a bit AuburnΒ PR in Suni's intro segmentΒ during today's DWTS episode!

Β 

Β 

Edited by AUreo
  • Like 1

On 10/1/2021 at 11:36 PM, AUreo said:

This is the full list:

Women's artistic program holds training camp in Indianapolis

https://usagym.org/pages/post.html?PostID=26623

INDIANAPOLIS, September 27, 2021 - Over the weekend, elite junior and senior women's artistic gymnasts came together at The Gymnastics Company in Indianapolis to train ahead of next month's World team selection camp.Β 

While the senior gymnasts have their eyes on the upcoming Artistic Gymnastics World Championships set to take place October 18-24 in Kitakyushu, Japan, junior athletes in attendance worked toward the 2021 Junior Pan American Games in Cali, Colombia later this year.Β 
Β 

- - - -

Olivia Greaves is already committed to Auburn and Jr. EliteΒ Charlotte Booth has some huge potential - she follows Auburn on social media (+LSU and Florida). MIAΒ 4-star elite Auburn commit Lyden Saltness.

Junior

• Charlotte Booth, Clermont, Fla./Brandy Johnson's Global Gymnastics
  • Kailin Chio, Henderson, Nev./Gymcats Gymnastics
  • Katelyn Jong, Allen, Texas/Metroplex Gymnastics
  • Levi Jung-Ruivivar, Maple Grove, Minn./Twin City Twisters
  • Kaliya Lincoln, Frisco, Texas/WOGA Gymnastics
  • Nola Matthews, Gilroy, Calif./Airborne Gymnastics Training Center
  • Ella Murphy, Frisco, Texas/WOGA Gymnastics
  • Ella Kate Parker, West Chester, Ohio/Cincinnati Gymnastics
  • Azaraya Ra-Akbar, Columbia, Md./World Class Gymnastics
  • Joscelyn Roberson, Texarkana, Texas/North East Texas Elite Gymnastics
  • Izzy Stassi, North Royalton, Ohio/Gym X-Treme
  • Gabby Van Frayen, Lewis Center, Ohio/Gym X-Treme

Senior

• Ciena Alipio, San Jose, Calif./Midwest Gymnastics Center
  • Skye Blakely, Frisco, Texas/WOGA Gymnastics
  • Kayla DiCello, Boyds, Md./Hill's Gymnastics
  • Amari Drayton, Spring, Texas/World Champions Centre
  • Addison Fatta, Wrightsville, Pa./Prestige Gymnastics
  • eMjae Frazier, Erial, N.J./Parkettes National Gymnastics Center
  • Olivia Greaves, Staten Island, N.Y./World Champions Centre
  • Ava Siegfeldt, Williamsburg, Va./World Class Gymnastics
  • Leanne Wong, Overland Park, Kan./Great American Gymnastics Express

Β 

TheseΒ are the 6 final candidates competing for 4 spots to represent Team USA at the 2021 WorldΒ Championships in Japan:

Ciena Alipio (UCLA), Kayla DiCello (Florida), eMjae Frazer (California), Olivia Greaves (Auburn), Konnor McClain (LSU), Leanne Wong (Florida).

Trials will take place this weekend.

Edited by AUreo

U.S. Worlds Trials AA results

1. Kayla DiCello 55.350

2. eMjae Frazier 54.050

3. Leanne Wong 53.400

4. Konnor McClain 52.000

5. Olivia Greaves 51.850

6. Ciena Alipio 51.450

Β 

Olivia Greaves of Staten Island, N.Y./World Champions Centre was named the non-traveling replacement athlete. Frazier, Greaves and McClain have been added to the U.S. Women's Senior National Team.

https://usagym.org/pages/post.html?PostID=26643

• 3 weeks later...

5-star Sr. Int. Elite & Auburn commit Olivia Greaves will sign her LOI in two weeks.

Β 

Edited by AUreo
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Alipio, Greaves, Moldauer set to represent the U.S. in Switzerland this week

At the Swiss Cup Zurich on November 7, Greaves and Moldauer will compete as one of ten participating teams, and each rotation will serve as a knock-out round.

12789.jpg

Suni just announcedΒ a NIL deal with Amazon Fashion.

She is also overworked β€œand told fans on Thursday that she β€œcan’t wait to be back” on the Alabama school’s campus”.
Β 

Bring her home now!

Β 

Edited by AUreo
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, AUreo said:

Suni just announcedΒ a NIL deal with Amazon Fashion.

She is also overworked β€œand told fans on Thursday that she β€œcan’t wait to be back” on the Alabama school’s campus”.
Β 

Bring her home now!

Β 

She literally gutted out a performance on DWTS this week.Β  She dealt with a stomach bug all week and was pushing through the dance masterfully.Β  Then had to be excused.Β  This girl is very strong willed. Truly is deserving of an all around Gold.

11 hours ago, AUBwins said:

She literally gutted out a performance on DWTS this week.Β  She dealt with a stomach bug all week and was pushing through the dance masterfully.Β  Then had to be excused.Β  This girl is very strong willed. Truly is deserving of an all around Gold.

Apparently, there was some drama when Tyra Banks embarrassed her on live TV.Β 

I guess, Suni needs a break from Hollywood now.

Β 

1 hour ago, AUreo said:

Apparently, there was some drama when Tyra Banks embarrassed her on live TV.Β 

I guess, Suni needs a break from Hollywood now.

Β 

TyraΒ is not a good fit.Β  I wasn't excited over Tom either.Β  I prefer Erin or Brooke.Β  Someone to keep it flowing and not much in the way of theatrics. Love Carson Daly on Voice and Terry Cruz on AGT as prime examples.Β  Β 

TyraΒ was great with her talk show and passable actress.Β  Just don't care for her as the host of a competition show.Β 

I too think Suni is ready for that break.Β  That's why she wanted college to begin with.Β  I like how she can use this show to get more free in her gym routines, but overall think she was looking forward to a quiet semester.Β 

• Like 1

Auburn’sΒ 2022 commit 5-star Olivia Greaves suffered an injury while representing Team USA at the Swiss Cup.

Per Reddit: β€œLooks like an ACL injury… she’s had terrible luck recently,Β she’s already had multiple knee surgeries for a torn meniscus and then missed US championships with an elbow injury”

The LOI signing event was scheduled for Nov 10.

Β 

Edited by AUreo
  • Sad 1

Sad.

I wonder if Auburn will still honor her scholarship after being injured again?

That will be interesting. Once her diagnosis is confirmed and how long it will take for her to recover may determine her next move or ours.

She was suppose to sign her LOI today with her family, I think in a ceremony.

Tough tough.Β 

I hope we will still sign her. Greaves is extremely talented and has a lot of experience (top 10 gymnast in the 2022 class,Β easily). She is also well connected, which should help our recruiting efforts in the future. Hopefully, it is not a serious injury. Suni&Liv couldΒ lead Auburn to the SuperSix in 2023.

Good for Auburn staying with her even though she continues to battle knee injuries.

I wonder what this latest injury is? If it's a knee, this is getting serious for future pounding on those knees in gymnastics.

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

Good for Auburn staying with her even though she continues to battle knee injuries.

I wonder what this latest injury is? If it's a knee, this is getting serious for future pounding on those knees in gymnastics.

I think it’s a knee injury but nothing official yet. IIRC her last major injury was an elbow injury.