Softball vs South Carolina Game 2 (Osprey Invitational)

1 minute ago, blakem said:

That’s absolutely ridiculous. Those have probably cost us the game.

Dean is obviously more offensively aggressive, but I think what's lacking is situational aggressiveness. Short backstop, B7/1 out needing 2 runs, etc...

A few base running mistakes cost us but the girls showed a lot of heart to get back in the game.  Handley came in and shut the SC hitters down.  I like that Coach made several pinch hit subs.  King, Garcia and Nillen came through with clutch pinch hits.  

WDE!!!

Good to see Lexie throw well.  Seemed as though a number of the hits off Yarbrough just fell into no mans land.  Garcia made a couple of good plays during her time at 3rd.  Get ready for next week Thursday - Saturday.  We may have been greedy on those outs at home plate.  

1 hour ago, RMillander said:

So what happened on that ground out to 3rd that umps called back? Did someone call time or something?

This was an illegal pitch on Lexie that resulted in a ball on the batter (and negated the ball put in play to 3rd). Her dad was the one questioning the ump who called it LOL. 

Nevertheless, an outstanding performance by Lexie. 3 and 1/3 scoreless innings. 

1 hour ago, blakem said:

For those who watched the game, obviously Lexie pitched very well but I’m wondering if her control has improved drastically?

@blakem Not sure because I can't find a strike to ball ratio but no hits, no walks, 5 Ks & 1 Wild pitch sounds good overall.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@blakem Not sure because I can't find a strike to ball ratio but no hits, no walks, 5 Ks & 1 Wild pitch sounds good overall.

Sounds like a lot of improvement to me! Thanks!

20 minutes ago, ellitor said:

She did give up 3 hits, but they were scattered. No walks is correct. She only got behind 3-1 to one batter, but battled back and got the out. 

Here is a link to the box score: https://auburntigers.com/sports/softball/stats/2021/-19-south-carolina/boxscore/19519

On 2/21/2021 at 10:12 AM, RMillander said:

Great heart. No quit in these kids. Just need to be smarter and more situational with our aggressiveness. 

"situational aggression"

Love it!😎

17 hours ago, all4AU said:

She did give up 3 hits, but they were scattered. No walks is correct. She only got behind 3-1 to one batter, but battled back and got the out. 

Here is a link to the box score: https://auburntigers.com/sports/softball/stats/2021/-19-south-carolina/boxscore/19519

Thanks @all4AU I misread the box score.

Archived