2021 WVU S Transfer Tykee Smith (UGA: 4/4/21)

Maverick.AU

12 hours ago, ellitor said:

As of now though there are no OT in the portal they are particularly high on.

How quickly people forget this minor detail.

This is why you sign a few tackles with high potential out of high school. There aren't a ton of Michael Ohers floating out there on the secondary market. 

There is little doubt in my mind they want a great OT transfer. The key is the word great. So far they haven't seen anybody in the portal that they think meet that criteria. I believe if they can't find a great player they will live with what they have for this coming season as while none of our current OT's based on previous performance would be classified at great they are probably as good as anybody currently in the Portal and with new strength program and coaching could be better.  Maybe saving a scholarship for next year where they have already approached a whole boatload of OT's would be the wisest decision.  Now if in next few weeks the right type of OT or OT's becomes available I expect them and many other teams to go after that player or players. Transfer Portal is still fluid probably until all teams finish spring practice.

18 hours ago, ellitor said:

@AUgrad2013 The new staff has felt since they got here that getting a quality S transfer with experience was important. DT is not seen as big of a need since we are going to be running more sets with 1 DT in the game instead of 2. And when we use 2 we have some guys that can play strongside end as well as the 2nd DT. We still have room to add a RB & OT should the staff find ones they like. As of now though there are no OT in the portal they are particularly high on.

Good information to know. Thanks!

FWIW Mike Farrell of Rivals says he thinks AU took the lead on Tykee with a Zoom visit with he & his fam on Thursday & supposedly knocked the visit out of the park. JLee says AU has another Zoom visit with him Saturday with a chance to extend a lead AU may have.

lt+dan+new+years.gif?format=750w

giphy.gif

• ellitor changed the title to 2021 WVU S Transfer Tykee Smith (UGA: 4/4/21)

If it did not hurt so bad and make me want to curl up in the fetal position I would laugh at how routinely the bowl cut Lesbian LPGA Golfer visor wearing P.E. Teacher owns us on and off the field. If they want the guy they almost always get them going against us.

41 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

If it did not hurt so bad and make me want to curl up in the fetal position I would laugh at how routinely the bowl cut Lesbian LPGA Golfer visor wearing P.E. Teacher owns us on and off the field. If they want the guy they almost always get them going against us.

I hated to give the laugh emoji to a post referring to yet another recruit giving us the finger for UGA but this is the best description of him I have seen. I f’ing hate Smart

2 hours ago, fredst said:

I hated to give the laugh emoji to a post referring to yet another recruit giving us the finger for UGA but this is the best description of him I have seen. I f’ing hate Smart

I am from alabama. Grew up surrounded by a bunch of annoying ass gump fans at all times throughout my life until college. Never lived a day in the state of Georgia. But yet hear I am hating Kirby way waaaay more than I ever did any bam coach or player. Genuinely dislike him more than any other college coach or player in my lifetime.

7 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I am from alabama. Grew up surrounded by a bunch of annoying ass gump fans at all times throughout my life until college. Never lived a day in the state of Georgia. But yet hear I am hating Kirby way waaaay more than I ever did any bam coach or player. Genuinely dislike him more than any other college coach or player in my lifetime.

AU is loaded at DB. This guy would have been a luxury. Word is that AU passed and needs to get a OT and maybe a RB with the limited spots they have. Told maybe 2. DB just didn't make a whole lot of sense at the moment. 

uga on the other hand is in desperate need at DB. So they kid took a sure thing. Not so sure why everyone is so upset. 

Mikey, the need for a true SEC tackle is a huge pressing need. HUGE. No matter what you want to believe. 

47 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Mikey, the need for a true SEC tackle is a huge pressing need. HUGE. No matter what you want to believe. 

That's why I posted this, up-thread "No doubt they'd like to get an outstanding transfer prospect but that applies to every position on the team."

The numbers aren't such that we need to go grabbing borderline talent at OT. If we can't get a top guy, we better save the scholarship. If we can get one, great.

10 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Agree. I have some respect for Alabama as a rival. You have to give them credit for accomplishing something amazing. Iron sharpens iron. It just makes beating them all the more satisfying.

Bowl cut is a cheating wannabe loser who ACTS like he has accomplished what Saban actually has. And for some reason Gus managed to consistently underperform against them (with the one big exception) which has left them extremely cocky toward AU. I can’t wait to see them completely collapse.

9 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

What was the final sale price on Tykee?

A strong ass offer.

On 4/5/2021 at 10:29 AM, WarDamnDoc said:

Agree. I have some respect for Alabama as a rival. You have to give them credit for accomplishing something amazing. Iron sharpens iron. It just makes beating them all the more satisfying.

Bowl cut is a cheating wannabe loser who ACTS like he has accomplished what Saban actually has. And for some reason Gus managed to consistently underperform against them (with the one big exception) which has left them extremely cocky toward AU. I can’t wait to see them completely collapse.

Yes the day of reckoning will come sooner or later for them.

Archived