Sure looking like it was a bad move for Seth to leave early

TitanTiger

You know speaking of the draft I just thought about this. I got in a heated convo when we played ole miss. I said we were over hyping Bo he should shoot for Matt corral. I didn't know who the hell corall was and he wasn't having the best game but I saw he had a bunch of potential.

After his year he's definitely on people's radar now but he's not a high pick or anything. Sort of how Zach Wilson was the year before this. Now THIS year he needs to have production and some film of getting better.

This year is make or break he could ball and be viewed as a franchise QB or he could disappoint and not get drafted at all. It will take him having stats, film, AND wins to do what Wilson did though.

31 minutes ago, cole256 said:

You know speaking of the draft I just thought about this. I got in a heated convo when we played ole miss. I said we were over hyping Bo he should shoot for Matt corral. I didn't know who the hell corall was and he wasn't having the best game but I saw he had a bunch of potential.

After his year he's definitely on people's radar now but he's not a high pick or anything. Sort of how Zach Wilson was the year before this. Now THIS year he needs to have production and some film of getting better.

This year is make or break he could ball and be viewed as a franchise QB or he could disappoint and not get drafted at all. It will take him having stats, film, AND wins to do what Wilson did though.

You didn't answer my  

2 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

You didn't answer my  

You asked the same question as the guy I was in conversation with. I answered it twice

20 hours ago, rhughes said:

So a quick breakdown of this thread is that some people think SW made a mistake for going to this draft this year.  His stock dropped because his attitude wasn't all that great and he came across as a "me guy".  Another poster thinks it's because the Qb and the "system" held him back.  I can almost guarantee you it is all of the above.  All of those things were reasons he was drafted where he was.  Bottom line is he was drafted and he is either going to make some organizations look really dumb or make Denver look really smart.   

I'm just seeing:

"He shouldn't have left for the draft he was mediocre"

"No! He only looked mediocre because of how mediocre his QB was" 

"No, the QB only looks mediocre because of the mediocre supporting cast and mediocre coaches"

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I'm just seeing:

"No, the QB only looks mediocre because of the mediocre supporting cast and mediocre coaches"

You definitely didn't see that second one but maybe you worded it like that for dramatic purposes

4 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I'm just seeing:

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886329xrpwml7yjc5hrl6

• Haha 1

But this was for anybody that wanted to talk about the draft process and how it works, as on here there's a history as not being the most.....accurate. I was trying to move away from Seth obviously but I do know how it is here. I also offered this in basketball as well if anybody is interested.

46 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

1B7EC598-6E86-43C8-B984-820A2B3F7FA6.gif

you sure you still want to be a moderator? lol

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, DAG said:

you sure you still want to be a moderator? lol

CEBED325-55A0-40FC-B3FF-60A3DC1DA923.gif

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

Yeah Corral is super talented, but plays like Jekyll and Hyde. The talent is evident, he is just wildly and inexplicably inconsistent. Flashes of real "wow" talent. So much fun to watch in Kiffin's offense.

speaking of Matt Corall, could you have imagine John Rhys Plumlee in that early Gus type of offense? there's not many styles that can optimize that guy, but wow he's an athlete

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Barnacle said:

Yeah Corral is super talented, but plays like Jekyll and Hyde. The talent is evident, he is just wildly and inexplicably inconsistent. Flashes of real "wow" talent. So much fun to watch in Kiffin's offense.

Yea and that's my point of how it can work, it's pretty much what Wilson did this year, but let's be real what are the chances of him being able to produce like that in the SEC? I say if he gets wins over banner and LSU he'll play for somebody, and yes that means the play of his teammates matter.

Of course QB's are a little more lucky as they have more control of their performance than most other positions.

I thought this was about Seth and the draft? Personally not a big fan of his. Sorry it didn't work out for Auburn.

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Yea and that's my point of how it can work, it's pretty much what Wilson did this year, but let's be real what are the chances of him being able to produce like that in the SEC? I say if he gets wins over banner and LSU he'll play for somebody, and yes that means the play of his teammates matter.

Of course QB's are a little more lucky as they have more control of their performance than most other positions.

True, true. Definitely easier to evaluate accurately. Corral reminds me of Manziel. 

19 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

True, true. Definitely easier to evaluate accurately. Corral reminds me of Manziel. 

He has a very live arm and the guts to push the limits, if he can control that a bit he could be interesting

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

He has a very live arm and the guts to push the limits, if he can control that a bit he could be interesting

Agreed. A lot of it for him is just knowing when to push it and when not to. Still not sure what kind of prospect he is, but you are right. One season can make all the difference. He still completed 70% last season. 

23 hours ago, cole256 said:

You asked the same question as the guy I was in conversation with. I answered it twice

I didn't see it. what was is it? 

Edited by Randman5000

2 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

I didn't see it. what was is it? 

It's still up, you can scroll up and read it. It's a forum

Moving past all the other distractions and back to Seth:

Guys here some thoughts on things the broncos took into considerations. Something that caught my eyes is his ability to play special teams. This may be a blessing in disguise. I like that Coach Zach has taken an eye for Seth. Cannot wait to see how he develops. 

"We targeted him as one of the top special teams players for receivers," Paton said Saturday. "He's like a piece of clay. He's really talented, he's big, he can run. As a receiver, he just needs to be molded. And Zach [Azzanni], our receiver coach, just can't wait to get ahold of him and develop him. And he believes in him, as well as our special teams coach. So, special teams was a big part of our third day. And he was one of the top special teamers as a receiver."

• Like 1

Sounds to me that they feel like he needs to be developed a bunch and they think he has potential......this was also said about all of the other wr's from our offense. Interesting

I know there is a thread for this, but...

SW being drafted to the NFL as a receiver for special teams is THE best representation of the CGM coaching style, system, and legacy at Auburn. Wow. Epitomizes wasted draftable talent.

Edited by WDE_OxPx_2010
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Sounds to me that they feel like he needs to be developed a bunch and they think he has potential......this was also said about all of the other wr's from our offense. Interesting

Should've hired a real WR coach...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

I know there is a thread for this, but...

SW being drafted to the NFL as a receiver for special teams is THE best representation of the CGM coaching style, system, and legacy at Auburn. Wow. Epitomizes wasted draftable talent.

Right lol. Dude legit getting drafted to be on special teams. 

Oh, I also want to point out how it was stated because of the pandemic this year's draft was very much so went back to what you were able to show on film. 

Lot of HIGH picks were drafted without even getting to meet their coach as only so many coaches were allowed to travel. And once again these are the high picks. 

If you had some connections lucky for you but unfortunately like I mentioned in a case like this.....If your film only showed you running 3 routes out of the route tree an entire year......And also unfortunately you were annihilated in your so called big games......sort of sucks for you if you can't get any one on one time with anybody.

Of course this isn't the sexy talk many want to have on a football forum.

Edited by cole256