Right-Wing Fantasy Land

TexasTiger

There there, little fellah. You'll get it. Just keep trying. Here, let me spell it out for you , even more
liberals saw the savagery of the 9/11 attacks and wanted to prepare indictments ........

- Kerry: "(W)hat We've Learned Is That The War On Terror Is Much More Of An Intelligence Operation And A Law Enforcement Operation." (NPR's "All Things Considered," 3/19/03)

- Gov. Howard Dean (D-VT) Said Osama Bin Laden Not Guilty. Dean: "I Still Have This Old-Fashioned Notion That Even With People Like Osama, Who Is Very Likely To Be Found Guilty, We Should Do Our Best Not To, In Positions Of Executive Power, Not To Prejudge Jury Trials." ("Dean Not Ready To Pronounce Osama Bin Laden Guilty," The Associated Press, 12/26/03)

- Liberal Donor George Soros Claimed America Should Have Treated 9/11 Attacks As Crime, Responded With Police Work. "War is a false and misleading metaphor in the context of combating terrorism. Treating the attacks of September 11 as crimes against humanity would have been more appropriate. Crimes require police work, not military action. To protect against terrorism, you need precautionary measures, awareness, and intelligence gathering - all of which ultimately depend on the support of the populations among which terrorists operate. Imagine for a moment that September 11 had been treated as a crime. We would have pursued Bin Laden in Afghanistan, but we would not have invaded Iraq. Nor would we have our military struggling to perform police work in full combat gear and getting killed in the process." (George Soros, The Bubble Of American Supremacy, 2004, p. 18)

liberals saw the savagery of the 9/11 attacks and wanted to prepare indictments and offer therapy and understanding for our attackers

-Sen. Patty Murray (D-WA) To High School Students: "How Would (Muslims) Look At Us Today If We Had Been There Helping Them With Some Of That Rather Than Just Being The People Who Are Going To Bomb In Iraq And Go To Afghanistan? ... War Is Expensive Too ... Your Generation Ought To Be Thinking About Whether We Should Be Better Neighbors Out In Other Countries So That They Have A Different Vision Of Us." (Gregg Herrington, "Senator Asks Students To Ponder," The (Vancouver, WA) Columbian, 12/19/02)

-- Kucinich: "Afghanistan May Be An Incubator Of Terrorism But It Doesn't Follow That We Bomb Afghanistan ..." (Elizabeth Auster, "Offer The Hand Of Peace," (Cleveland, OH) Plain Dealer, 9/30/01)

- Rep. Marcy Kaptur (D-OH) Claimed Osama Bin Laden Could Be Compared To "Revolutionaries That Helped To Cast Off The British Crown." "'One could say that Osama bin Laden and these non- nation-state fighters with religious purpose are very similar to those kind of atypical revolutionaries that helped to cast off the British crown,' Kaptur told an Ohio newspaper, The (Toledo) Blade." (Malie Rulon, "Lawmaker Compares Osama, U.S. Patriots," The Associated Press, 3/6/03)

*Sigh* The work I do for our less fortunate members of the board...... :rolleyes:

165734[/snapback]

You shouldn't be so nasty about liberals. You are obviously in a very progressive mental ward since you seem to be allowed unfettered internet access.

:poke:

You shouldn't be so nasty about liberals

Heh heh. No substantive, intelligent response to anything I've posted. Just dodge and tap dance away from the topic as you skirt the issues.

You are obviously in a very progressive mental ward since you seem to be allowed unfettered internet access.

Jealous? B)

Again, this is only mudslinging by this Administration, just a diversion from discussing the real issues that effect our country, pretty typical.  I thought GW wanted to be a uniter and not a divider?

165557[/snapback]

This is quite amusing. The dems are throwing everything they can find at the repubs. Every day they come up with another idotic accusation. Just like throwing spaghetti against the wall. The dems are the kings of mudslinging and you have the audacity to blame it on this administration. Please don't insult us with the same tired "we can do it but it only counts when you do it" crap.

This is quite amusing. The dems are throwing everything they can find at the repubs. Every day they come up with another idotic accusation. Just like throwing spaghetti against the wall. The dems are the kings of mudslinging and you have the audacity to blame it on this administration. Please don't insult us with the same tired "we can do it but it only counts when you do it" crap.

165749[/snapback]

Pffffft! You dare call Democrats the kings of slinging mud, even as we watch Karl Rove load it into a truck and DUMP it?

165749[/snapback]

Pffffft! You dare call Democrats the kings of slinging mud, even as we watch Karl Rove load it into a truck and DUMP it?

165786[/snapback]

In no way do I feel it necessary to defend Mr. Rove, but would you say he is DUMPING more or less than Howie Dean? Or Teddy Kennedy? Or Sen. Dick Durbin? Or Nancy Pelosi? Or Harry Reid? Or Chris Dodd?

The difference in the Repubs & Dems is that the Repubs don't mind slinging the barbs and attacking. The Dems on the other hand, never stop and act as if they don't do it. The Dems attack unmercifully and then accuse the Repubs of unleashing the attack machine.

Rove may have used a dump truck, but the dems have been using a damn freight train for years. CCTAU was absolutely correct in his post.

What did Rove say that was specifically 'mud slinging' ?

Rove said nothing other than the truth. That is the big difference between deanocrats and Republicans.....deanocrats make wild accusations and root against the US, Republicans state facts.

Rove said nothing other than the truth. That is the big difference between deanocrats and Republicans.....deanocrats make wild accusations and root against the US, Republicans state facts.

165965[/snapback]

A few actual facts, as opposed to Republican fantasy "facts":

CBS/New York Times, 9/13-14/2001, n=959 adults (source: National Journal's Hotline).

Should the U.S. take military action against those responsible?  Yes: 93% of Republicans, 86% of Democrats, 76% of independents

Should the U.S. take military action against those responsible for attacks, even if it means innocent people are killed? Yes: 74% of Republicans, 64% of Democrats, 67% of independents

What if that meant going to war with a nation harboring those responsible for the attacks, then should the U.S. take military action against those responsible for the attacks?  Yes: 74% of Republicans, 61% of Democrats, 65% of independents

What if that meant thousands of innocent civilians may be killed, then should the U.S. take military action against whoever is responsible for the attacks? Yes vs. No: Republicans 66% to 16%, Democrats 55% to 28%, independents 60% to 19%

Los Angeles Times,  9/13-14/2001, n=1,561 adults:

In your opinion, is the United States now in a state of war?  Yes: 74% of Republicans, 70% of Democrats, 66% of independents (Q11)

If it is also determined that the Taliban ruling party in Afghanistan is harboring Osama bin Laden, would you support the United States and its allies retaliating with military action against Afghanistan, even if it could result in civilian casualties, or would you oppose that?   Support: 91% of Republicans, 80% of Democrats, 78% of independents (Q37)

What about Osama bin Laden's organization itself? Do you think the United States should retaliate against Bin Laden's group through military action, or should the United States pursue justice by bringing him to trial in the United States?  Retaliate vs. bring to trial: Republicans 80% to 17%, Democrats 66% to 28%, independents 64% to 27% (Q38)

Another "fact" :

Neither you nor Raptor has the honesty, or perhaps it is rationality/sanity at this point, to at least recognize the "therapy" comment was hyperbole, not a "fact." This is probably more telling than the "fact" that he said it.

OK, you're almost there.....take those poll numbers just after 9/11 that you just posted....envision all the senators singing "God Bless America" on the steps outside the capitol. What a beautiful sight that was, there was no democrats or republicans, only Americans.

Now, fast forward a few years and look at what some of these same senators are saying...."American soldiers are nazis and gulag minders", "we need an exit strategy from Iraq" (admitting defeat) ", "We are in a quagmire". Who has lost sight of what we're doing?

Really, I could give a care less what these politicians say. The thing that really makes me laugh is when these ultra-liberals slander my brothers and sisters in arms then, when called out on it, either crap their pants about how "those big mean republicans are questioning my patriotism" or pick one particular word and base their whole argument on it, such as the Rove case. Therapy for the terrorists, I can give you a couple examples of Peter Jennings and the other teleprompter readers trying to get us to let go of our anger right after 9/11 and understand why this happened to the US. I don't have time to search right now, but I'll find the quotes later (if they're available).

All throughout the last campaign season, democrats (liberals in particular) had a standard line in their speeches, usually delivered with righteous anger, about how "nobody has a right to question my patriotism!" Given their remarks over the past 2-3 years, I say to hell with that. I refuse to play their stupid little games. I am calling them out for what they are, anti-American grandstanders. No one that is in support of our troops or our fight against terrorism would make the asinine remarks that have been made by these people.

Rove said what he said and I applaud him for it. Liberals have their panties all in a bunch....good! Sometimes the truth is hard to take. It just never ends. And it won’t. There’s too much political hay to be made undercutting the war, and the consequences be damned. If the liberals want to lose the war to defeat Bush, well, so be it. If the liberals truly believe that the United States is in the same group as the Nazis, the Soviets and Pol Pot, then they’ve shown they have no perspective or sense of judgment. And the idea that such comparisons might be picked up in the Middle East and broadcast with glee is irrelevant; they care little for anything beyond their reputation and power in Washington.

Neither you nor Raptor has the honesty, or perhaps it is rationality/sanity at this point, to at least recognize the "therapy" comment was hyperbole, not a "fact." This is probably more telling than the "fact" that he said it

For the life of me, I can't see why in the world you are harping so heavily on this one word, 'therapy'. It's a throw away remark, a generalization added for effect, and yet like some 2 bit lawyer, you keep trying to make that the central theme of what Rove said. Is that all you've got ? It seems so. Remember, he WAS talking to a group of Republicans, and not presenting a report to some Senate sub-commitee. It's clear that Rove intended to point out that some on the Left wanted to reach out and undestand our attackers.

-Sen. Patty Murray (D-WA) To High School Students: "How Would (Muslims) Look At Us Today If We Had Been There Helping Them With Some Of That Rather Than Just Being The People Who Are Going To Bomb In Iraq And Go To Afghanistan? ... War Is Expensive Too ... Your Generation Ought To Be Thinking About Whether We Should Be Better Neighbors Out In Other Countries So That They Have A Different Vision Of Us."

Archived