Our guys are getting sponsors already

WFE12

11 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Interesting of note, 

I see the IG post on the right ask fellow athletes to DM him so they (COLLECTIVELY) can get get PAID

PREPOSTEROUS, UNFATHOMABLE, IMPLAUSIBLE

• Like 3

I know this is geared to Auburn but how historic. This young man from Jackson State (HBCU) was the supposedly the first to strike a deal. So cool. Congrats young man. Congrats to Bo and Shivers as well. 

• Like 4

I'm so happy for these kids man. People were afraid of Bo Nix posing with a ******* sweet tea and Shivers joining a small time gaming group? Lmao.

• Like 5

How cool would it be if the Fresno women's BBall twins Hanna and Haley have a deal with Twix?

• Like 4

This is awesome. I was waiting to see who got popped. 

Gotta imagine Smoke and Tank are next. Maybe Zakoby. 

Spencer Rattler already announced he's donating a portion of all earnings. These kids gonna share the wealth 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Zeek said:

I'm so happy for these kids man. People were afraid of Bo Nix posing with a ******* sweet tea and Shivers joining a small time gaming group? Lmao.

I am already going to tell you the pushback you are going to receive.

They will say " I am not worried about the Bo Nixes of the world receiving money, it is all the other players who aren't stars not receiving enough." You will also hear how it will cause a schism in the team.

There are several reasons this doesn't make sense:

1. The star athletes have always benefitted, particular in a climate of unfair advantages. There hasn't been a schism much seen before.

2. Collectively, student athletes all have been in support of the NIL and it measures. It wouldn't make much sense for them to get mad at their fellow teammate for obtaining what they think they deserve

3. The system is set up where everyone can at least eat.

4. Teammates seem to be opening doors for other teammates to be making money

My assumption is that a few posters are projecting their own insecurities into damning, sensational theories as to why this won't work. Some of these posters have pure "haterism" in their game. The type to be counting other people's pockets and wonder why they aren't making as much money, with less output. As you have said, this should be a dang celebration.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

They will say " I am not worried about the Bo Nixes of the world receiving money, it is all the other players who aren't stars not receiving enough." You will also hear how it will cause a schism in the team.

1. The star athletes have always benefitted, particular in a climate of unfair advantages. There hasn't been a schism much seen before.

2. Collectively, student athletes all have been in support of the NIL and it measures. It wouldn't make much sense for them to get mad at their fellow teammate for obtaining what they think they deserve

My assumption is that a few posters are projecting their own insecurities into damning, sensational theories as to why this won't work. Some of these posters have pure "haterism" in their game. The type to be counting other people's pockets and wonder why they aren't making as much money, with less output. As you have said, this should be a dang celebration.

100% man

Honestly a great recruiting pitch could be made if our local Auburn businesses make sure the smaller players are taken care of too. 

We could sell it as "look our 3rd string left Tackle has a Toomer's sponsorship"

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Zeek said:

100% man

Honestly a great recruiting pitch could be made if our local Auburn businesses make sure the smaller players are taken care of too. 

We could sell it as "look our 3rd string left Tackle has a Toomer's sponsorship"

It’s two fold . Good for local businesses and for the athletes . I am honestly interested in seeing who will sign the first major deal.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DAG said:

It’s two fold . Good for local businesses and for the athletes . I am honestly interested in seeing who will sign the first major deal.

Tank is probably our only bet at a huge one. JT Daniels probably gets someone interesting. Spencer Rattler could be cool. The Clemson QB with the Hawaiin sounding name would probably be a smart investment.

If I'm UCF this is the time to tap into being in a bigger city.

• Like 1

Eric Reed Jr.

JJ Evans 

Dre Butler

Jaylin Simpson

Ja'Varrius Johnson

Marquis Burks

Have all also joined YOKE gaming through NIL deals

Edited by Zeek
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, gr82be said:

How cool would it be if the Fresno women's BBall twins Hanna and Haley have a deal with Twix?

I don't know, that could cause some serious family beef. Everyone knows right Twix is better, so whoever ended up being left Twix would probably feel robbed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Tank is probably our only bet at a huge one. JT Daniels probably gets someone interesting. Spencer Rattler could be cool. The Clemson QB with the Hawaiin sounding name would probably be a smart investment.

If I'm UCF this is the time to tap into being in a bigger city.

Good point on UCF. The possibilities should be endless. I'm excited to see how creative these athletes get.

4 hours ago, Zeek said:

It's pearl clutching of people mad they can't make the same money.  They'll cry about it changing the game.  This will all be fine, the game will be fine, and the people complaining will continue to watch.

• Like 3

Yoke Gaming seems to a perfect company to take advantage of NIL, and an obvious company for college athletes to partner with.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DAG said:

I agree with all of this when it comes to men's sports.  I am interested to see the dynamic of how this plays out with female athletes.  Is talent or beauty gonna command more  benefits?  It is gonna be interesting to observe how it plays out.   Does the girl with 500 bikini pics on social media and no game action get more endorsements than the All American player who doesn't post or share on social media?  The theory is they are benefiting from their athletic likeness, does this cause a rift?  It is gonna be an interesting dynamic to follow for me.  Just to point out I don't care who benefits the most, I just am gonna find it interesting to see how it plays out.

• Like 3

Bama fans supposedly boycotting Milo's lol so it begins

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

It doesn't have to be that complicated. Just have every player who doesn't get a cushy deal leave each game with a signed photograph. A booster meets him/her and pays $250 for the photo. This could be done after games, or in weekly meetings at Toomer's over lemonade.

There's a great recruiting pitch in there as well. "Here, Mr./Ms. hotshot recruit meet your future fan while you are on this visit. This booster guarantees that he/she will buy one signed photo of you every week that you're here for $250. Wait, you say UGA is offering the same deal, except for $300 a week? No problem, our fan will pay $400 every week."

The times, they have a'changed.

I don't resent the players getting money but this has turned college athletics into a bidding war. We can win the wars against many schools, but the ones we really need to beat have more big money boosters than we do.

• Like 5

So with this being live now, I assume as the average fan, the best thing we can do for our players is follow them on social media to pump up those follower numbers.   Would it be a good idea at this point to have a sticky thread somewhere with our roster and links to their social media accounts?   

40 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

I agree with all of this when it comes to men's sports.  I am interested to see the dynamic of how this plays out with female athletes.  Is talent or beauty gonna command more  benefits?  It is gonna be interesting to observe how it plays out.   Does the girl with 500 bikini pics on social media and no game action get more endorsements than the All American player who doesn't post or share on social media?  The theory is they are benefiting from their athletic likeness, does this cause a rift?  It is gonna be an interesting dynamic to follow for me.  Just to point out I don't care who benefits the most, I just am gonna find it interesting to see how it plays out.

Both my friend and these women aren’t fools either lol . Look at the types on TikTok . I mean even if you look professionally at someone who broke the mold in NASCAR, Danica Patrick. She got promoted by godaddy and she used them like they used her.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1

Is this a free for all or is controls in place? What is to stop every signed player from getting a NIL deal with the teams clothing provider?  If the deals are standardized then wouldn't it stand to reasons that programs that make more on sponsorship deals will also get more for their players? So thus by default going to UCLA, Notre Dame, Texas or Alabama means more sponsor money than going to Oregon State, Indiana, Texas A&M, or Auburn? How is the NCAA going to control fairness? 

13 minutes ago, AUBourne said:

Is this a free for all or is controls in place? What is to stop every signed player from getting a NIL deal with the teams clothing provider?  If the deals are standardized then wouldn't it stand to reasons that programs that make more on sponsorship deals will also get more for their players? So thus by default going to UCLA, Notre Dame, Texas or Alabama means more sponsor money than going to Oregon State, Indiana, Texas A&M, or Auburn? How is the NCAA going to control fairness? 

It's a free for all. There's nothing to stop any player from making any deal he can make.

There will be no fairness, it's now become a bidding war. First place this will be noticed is in recruiting.

The NCAA has no control, the Supreme Court is in charge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, DAG said:

Interesting of note, 

I see the IG post on the right ask fellow athletes to DM him so they (COLLECTIVELY) can get get PAID

PREPOSTEROUS, UNFATHOMABLE, IMPLAUSIBLE

That's Worm btw

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mikey said:

It's a free for all. There's nothing to stop any player from making any deal he can make.

There will be no fairness, it's now become a bidding war. First place this will be noticed is in recruiting.

The NCAA has no control, the Supreme Court is in charge.

these are my fears as well