Our guys are getting sponsors already

WFE12

11 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

This is what I want to see more of. I'll buy the s*** out of some apparel that supports these kids and has unique designs. 

• Like 3

A little off topic......but does SMU get their wins back now?

A another thing, can AU trademark "Pay them boys"?

3 hours ago, AUBourne said:

A person would have to incredibly simple to think that is true. 

Nothing is as simple as your NCAA is fair and blah blah blah. They are so fair the Supreme Court unanimously voted against what they've been doing......get real

• Like 2

2 hours ago, oracle79 said:

I thought ours was "Keep it down home cuz"

Ouch...that's a painful memory.  Well played.

8 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Nothing is as simple as your NCAA is fair and blah blah blah. They are so fair the Supreme Court unanimously voted against what they've been doing......get real

Yep...Kavanaugh was pretty clear:

"Nowhere else in America can businesses get away with agreeing not to pay their workers a fair market rate on the theory that their product is defined by not paying their workers a fair market rate," Kavanaugh wrote. "And under ordinary principles of antitrust law, it is not evident why college sports should be any different.

"The NCAA is not above the law."

Kavanaugh's opinion tears into the NCAA's assertion that amateurism is, as he wrote, "the defining feature of college sports." Such "innocuous labels," as Kavanaugh called them, "cannot disguise the reality: The NCAA’s business model would be flatly illegal in almost any other industry in America."

He continued:

"All of the restaurants in a region cannot come together to cut cooks’ wages on the theory that 'customers prefer' to eat food from low-paid cooks. Law firms cannot conspire to cabin lawyers’ salaries in the name of providing legal services out of a 'love of the law.' Hospitals cannot agree to cap nurses’ income in order to create a 'purer' form of helping the sick. News organizations cannot join forces to curtail pay to reporters to preserve a 'tradition' of public-minded journalism. Movie studios cannot collude to slash benefits to camera crews to kindle a 'spirit of amateurism” in Hollywood.

Monday's ruling "establishes how any such rules should be analyzed going forward," Kavanaugh wrote, and "there are serious questions whether the NCAA’s remaining compensation rules can pass muster."

Kavanaugh also offered a possible road map for settling the "difficult questions" that may arise from the court's ruling, including how any compensation for student-athletes would comply with Title IX and whether paying athletes would entail the creation of "something like a salary cap in some sports in order to preserve competitive balance."

Instead of relying on litigation, Kavanaugh offered, schools and student-athletes "could potentially engage in collective bargaining (or seek some other negotiated agreement) to provide student athletes a fairer share of the revenues that they generate for their colleges, akin to how professional football and basketball players have negotiated for a share of league revenues."

The "important traditions that have become part of the fabric of America," Kavanaugh wrote in his closing, citing as an example games played in Tuscaloosa, South Bend, Durham and elsewhere, "cannot justify the NCAA’s decision to build a massive money-raising enterprise on the backs of student athletes who are not fairly compensated."

1 hour ago, Maverick.AU said:

Beat me to it. It's also my birthday so I'd like to see my sponsorship lol.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

Hey guys! Just wanted to give fans of Worm the heads up that he has an apparel line that pops off next week. Follow his business page on IG & Facebook @ss8apparel to keep up with the clothing drop dates! 

Worm has partnered with Zac Blackerby on the podcast Locked  On Auburn as well as Yoke gaming systems. So check it out. 

He will also be participating in 3 camps in the Alabama area at the end of the month & will be selling his apparel on site.

If there are any business owners looking to partner with Worm, he can be found on Icon Source or you may DM for inquires.

I will keep you posted on what else to look out for in the near future! 

War Eagle 🦅 

Congrats and best of luck to Worm! Get that well deserved money. 

37 minutes ago, Momma Worm said:

Hey guys! Just wanted to give fans of Worm the heads up that he has an apparel line that pops off next week. Follow his business page on IG & Facebook @ss8apparel to keep up with the clothing drop dates! 

Worm has partnered with Zac Blackerby on the podcast Locked  On Auburn as well as Yoke gaming systems. So check it out. 

He will also be participating in 3 camps in the Alabama area at the end of the month & will be selling his apparel on site.

If there are any business owners looking to partner with Worm, he can be found on Icon Source or you may DM for inquires.

I will keep you posted on what else to look out for in the near future! 

War Eagle 🦅 

Tell him congrats! Good luck with the apparel.  

20 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Beat me to it. It's also my birthday so I'd like to see my sponsorship lol.

Happy birthday buddy!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Happy birthday buddy!

Thanks man! 28 and still feeling good. The gray is starting to set in though... thanks Auburn football

• Like 2

Just now, Zeek said:

Thanks man! 28 and still feeling good. The gray is starting to set in though... thanks Auburn football

Just wait until you hit the magical age of 31. You feel good until you leave that 3-0 behind. Next thing up is 40 😂

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I see another parent promoting their young star studded athlete . Who knew?! I love the grind from Worm and family. This is so exciting . Love it for all the players across the nation. Get that money. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1

Alabama can finally endorse those T-Town suits and Dodge Chargers. 🤣.

It's about to blow up in T-Town and Athens. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Honestly I don’t see how any player can take Dabo serious after today 

I would be looking at him like this all day 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886omihgd1pa364dg81xq

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Randman5000 said:

Alabama can finally endorse those T-Town suits and Dodge Chargers. 🤣.

It's about to blow up in T-Town and Athens. 

It’s 2021 . No more chargers it’s all about hellcats and trackhawks 

57 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Happy birthday Zeek

• Thanks 1