2022 3* S Caleb Wooden Commits to Auburn

Zeek

5 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Colby Wooden's little brother and has a good frame at 6'2" 185. We're told his football IQ is through the roof and he blew coach Mason away at camp. 

War Damn Eagle

I would argue that his brother has exceeded expectations as much as any player currently on roster. That missing 4th star doesn't concern me in the least. Fantastic get.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

I would argue that his brother has exceeded expectations as much as any player currently on roster. That missing 4th star doesn't concern me in the least. Fantastic get.

Additionally, that's a school and area the staff very much wants to form a good relationship with. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Additionally, that's a school and area the staff very much wants to form a good relationship with. 

That part of Gwinnett county has excellent football ..................plus Caleb has a 3.5 GPA

• Like 3
  • Love 2

6 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

That part of Gwinnett county has excellent football ..................plus Caleb has a 3.5 GPA

Aren't the Brown bros from Gwinnett? Sensing a trend of bad ass athletes but also really solid humans.

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Aren't the Brown bros from Gwinnett? Sensing a trend of bad ass athletes but also really solid humans.

Yes Lanier High is in Buford

• Like 1

For what it's worth, the staff supposedly had two other safeties ready to commit but they wouldn't accept. 

Point being Wooden took priority over some kids that will be choosing a school "over" Auburn in the future.

I think the only other safety we take is the 4* kid from Tallahassee who is also coming to play basketball. 

5 minutes ago, fredst said:

Well, we know @augolf1716 ain’t from there…..

Now now freddy I know you're trying to be funny I never claimed I was a really solid human. I did lived in Buford and Norcross for 10 years

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

Now now freddy I know you're trying to be funny I never claimed I was a really solid human.

Or athletic

• Haha 1

Welcome to AU Caleb! Love seeing the tall safety types being brought on. 

Looks like we are seeing a pattern emerge from our signees. All guys who have camped at AU and seen the coaches face to face. No relying on recruiting site rankings but what the coaches see with their own eyes and thats how it should be! Covid delayed the camps and as such that has delayed our recruiting getting started but i think its going to continue to gather steam over the summer as more guys get a chance to show the coaches what they can do. War Eagle!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, fredst said:

Unless this counts as athleticism 

5F58785F-2956-49C2-9CBB-7D9DD995B16F.gif

It doesn't...

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Zeek said:

For what it's worth, the staff supposedly had two other safeties ready to commit but they wouldn't accept. 

Is this from KN?

4 minutes ago, metafour said:

Is this from KN?

Yes sir

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Article/Auburn-football-recruiting-167495936/

Archer High

Lawrenceville, Georgia

3-star/No. 59 safety nationally

Wooden chose Auburn over Duke, West Virginia and others.

The younger brother of Auburn defensive lineman Colby Wooden, Caleb Wooden has followed in his brother’s footsteps as a player that has continued to develop and improve his game every step of the way. That has turned him into a guy with multiple Power 5 offers and ultimately a commitment to the Auburn Tigers following a strong camp performance in June that earned him an offer.

What Auburn is getting in Wooden:

First and foremost, much like his brother, Wooden is a quality young man that knows the value of hard work. You can never have too many of those guys on a football team. Like most young defensive backs he’ll have to continue to work on his coverage skills and tackling in the open field but Wooden’s knack for finding the ball is something you can’t teach. A student of the game that understands what an offense is trying to do to a defense, Wooden should be a quick study when he arrives on the Plains.

4COMMENTS

What it means for the Tigers: 

A powerful defensive back that has the frame to potentially grow into a linebacker before his playing days are over at Auburn, Wooden is a player that should come in and contribute right away on special teams and have a shot to get on the field early at the safety position with the losses of Smoke Monday and grad transfer Bydarrius Knighten following the 2021 season. The safety position is one of the thinnest on the Auburn roster at the moment, so adding Wooden to the mix gives Derek Mason and Zac Etheridge more ammunition to work with.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Point being Wooden took priority over some kids that will be choosing a school "over" Auburn in the future.

I think the only other safety we take is the 4* kid from Tallahassee who is also coming to play basketball. 

One is Floyd. Have to say I'm a little confused by that. I know he is skinny but? 

Both Wooden brothers mentalities seem to really mesh well with Harsin's. Fantastic guys but relentless workers who understand the value of discipline, hard-work, and preparation. Seems like Caleb has a high ceiling with his football IQ, length, and ball-hawk instincts. Could be a big steal for us

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

One is Floyd. Have to say I'm a little confused by that. I know he is skinny but? 

Skinnier and shorter. Plus, I think they're very serious about preferring kids with higher football IQ.