Big Kat has words about AU

WFE12

1 hour ago, Proud Tiger said:

Sure will if it makes you happy. It was because I tangled with Titan too much, questioning his consistency in enforcing forum rules. I wasn't the first or last. Do you want to tell us more smart ass?

Maybe you can send me a PM and spare the rest of the folks here your ignorance. 

That wasn't the reason.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

No I haven't played it before but I've heard of it. I listed in my thread all the stuff I play. I'm pretty much into everything. I probably specialize in fighting games but yes I play sports too. I probably was best at NCAA. One year I was ranked high as number 8 in the world

i have a friend who is well off and he has that super computer nascar simulator that earnhardt and others play racing for some serious money. usually they show it before real races and the graphics are stunning and it is supposed to be extremely accurate to driving a real car. he has not raced for money tho because he is not very good yet but it is my understanding to race you pony up so much money before you race. not sure if it is winner take all or if they pay top five or whatever.

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

i have a friend who is well off and he has that super computer nascar simulator that earnhardt and others play racing for some serious money. usually they show it before real races and the graphics are stunning and it is supposed to be extremely accurate to driving a real car. he has not raced for money tho because he is not very good yet but it is my understanding to race you pony up so much money before you race. not sure if it is winner take all or if they pay top five or whatever.

I doubt if it was the good stuff like you are saying but one of my roommates at Auburn, he was into driving games and he had something like that. They also showed me an entire different way to play NCAA. I actually wish I had a group that liked playing the simulation coaching style

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cole256 said:

I'm not saying dismiss anything, I'm just pointing out how points are always going to be made to validate Bo. Even points on the opposite ends of the spectrum. You name it, you can bet there's something lined up for him to not get the same criticism any other qb has gotten. Literally every single thing that he has not done well or is suspicious there has been an excuse to make it ok. 

I can't speak for anyone else, but the only excuse I give Bo period is the exact same thing I just mentioned about why I don't believe Malik would be the Malik he is today had he stayed.....Gustapho. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, DAG said:

Some schools don’t even allow journalist to see practices. All practices are closed to them. If it was me, I would think this would be a simple request and hopefully be smart enough to play the game for future information. But I am a different cookie 

You keep making me crave cookies for some reason!

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, DAG said:

He is telling them not to do their jobs? How is he not giving them access? They can do what they want but there are certain consequences to doing whatever you want, especially if Auburn is how you make your bread. If they don’t like that they absolutely don’t have to go through the Auburn football athletics for media coverage. 

And it lasted less than 24 hours.  Media saw he was absent, then told people who don't have access like Jboy and Dukes, probably others too b/c it was floating on 247.

You can't stop the media from doing their job and keeping quiet about things they literally see.  It's not like these are "off the record" viewing sessions.

26 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

And it lasted less than 24 hours.  Media saw he was absent, then told people who don't have access like Jboy and Dukes, probably others too b/c it was floating on 247.

You can't stop the media from doing their job and keeping quiet about things they literally see.  It's not like these are "off the record" viewing sessions.

Never said he could stop them. You said he was stoping them from doing their job.. I said they can report it and there will probably be consequences . So when there is closed practices don’t be in here whining about less media access. Why do you and other just make up narratives in your head?

27 minutes ago, DAG said:

Never said he could stop them. You said he was stoping them from doing their job.. I said they can report it and there will probably be consequences . So when there is closed practices don’t be in here whining about less media access. Why do you and other just make up narratives in your head?

Maybe I misworded what I was saying, but I was saying Harsin was trying to and there was almost no chance it would happen. 

Not sure I made up a narrative, this was my first post on it and exactly what you said... 

""I honestly don't see how he can do this.  They'll see it, they'll tell someone in private, someone will post it on twitter or a message board." 

Tate isn't going to report on himself bc of consequences, but he's surely going to leak it to an "insider" or JBoy or Dukes or something similar. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Maybe I misworded what I was saying, but I was saying Harsin was trying to and there was almost no chance it would happen. 

Not sure I made up a narrative, this was my first post on it and exactly what you said... 

""I honestly don't see how he can do this.  They'll see it, they'll tell someone in private, someone will post it on twitter or a message board." 

Tate isn't going to report on himself bc of consequences, but he's surely going to leak it to an "insider" or JBoy or Dukes or something similar. 

True but now you risk no media going to practices. That would suck just because a couple won’t follow a request. I don’t know want to go back to the last several years with hidden info and complete coach speak. 

23 minutes ago, DAG said:

True but now you risk no media going to practices. That would suck just because a couple won’t follow a request. I don’t know want to go back to the last several years with hidden info and complete coach speak. 

Yeah, 100%. That's why we'll see "insiders" comment on it. Then it's out there in the world and then beat writers can talk about it bc "they" didn't leak it but it's now out there. 

The only way to prevent clearly obvious things that are happening is to ban media. I don't think that's going to happen Until the normal few weeks before the season. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Yeah, 100%. That's why we'll see "insiders" comment on it. Then it's out there in the world and then beat writers can talk about it bc "they" didn't leak it but it's now out there. 

The only way to prevent clearly obvious things that are happening is to ban media. I don't think that's going to happen Until the normal few weeks before the season. 

The last thing Harsin needs to is ban media. As a newcomer he needs them to at least initially give he and his team good writing. At least until there are obvious problems on the field that will be reported on.

One thing Harsin has never had to deal with before is the wide range of media to deal with, now that he is in the SEC. It's a different messaging he is going to find as he starts his first season.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I can't speak for anyone else, but the only excuse I give Bo period is the exact same thing I just mentioned about why I don't believe Malik would be the Malik he is today had he stayed.....Gustapho. 

That's cool, but that doesn't change the facts. And like I said I didn't dismiss anything I pointed out how either way in the situation can't win

21 minutes ago, cole256 said:

That's cool, but that doesn't change the facts. And like I said I didn't dismiss anything I pointed out how either way in the situation can't win

I get it. Maybe I misinterpreted your post. I took it as you were saying that we couldn't say Malik would not have gotten to the level he is if he stayed without giving Bo and excuse for poor play. 

1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I get it. Maybe I misinterpreted your post. I took it as you were saying that we couldn't say Malik would not have gotten to the level he is if he stayed without giving Bo and excuse for poor play. 

No I was saying if you do good or if you do bad there has been excuses made as to why Bo "earned" the QB spot

• Like 1

3 hours ago, steeleagle said:

The last thing Harsin needs to is ban media. As a newcomer he needs them to at least initially give he and his team good writing. At least until there are obvious problems on the field that will be reported on.

One thing Harsin has never had to deal with before is the wide range of media to deal with, now that he is in the SEC. It's a different messaging he is going to find as he starts his first season.

I don't think he's going to ban the media. 

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

No I was saying if you do good or if you do bad there has been excuses made as to why Bo "earned" the QB spot

If you are the one providing the information, you tend to call them “reasons”. If you are the one trying to dispel the information I assume you call them excuses. Two sides to most stories depending on your starting point.

3 hours ago, steeleagle said:

Are the media locked out in T-Town? do they know everything, and, who would want to be the first to spew out info that would cause a media storm 54321 oh, it wouldn't happen any ways, why do we need to know every flipping thing, you'll know when everyone else know.. let this man run this program how he sees fit, he will either succeed or fail.

good luck coach

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

If you are the one providing the information, you tend to call them “reasons”. If you are the one trying to dispel the information I assume you call them excuses. Two sides to most stories depending on your starting point.

Yeah. And when you have reasons/excuses from all angles and for a bunch of different variables for the same subject that's telling as well. Imo.

44 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Yeah. And when you have reasons/excuses from all angles and for a bunch of different variables for the same subject that's telling as well. Imo.

Your certainly entitled to it.