will we have a turnover chain?

aubiefifty

if so what? and did coach harsin use one up in boise? the players seem to enjoy them so i am all for them i just hope they are not tacky. and that mes with who was it, tennessee using a garbage can and all that. we need like a necklace of tiger claws or something. what say yee ya bunch of outstanding auburn fans?

2 minutes ago, AUatHeart said:

I’m not a fan of them, but my opinion doesn’t matter to the guys busting their humps to get them.

My opinion exactly. I don't love it, but it ain't about me. Not sure it's Mason's style though, or Harsin's for that matter. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am NOT a fan of this.  I know the younger generation approve but I am of the school to "act like you have been there and will be back" ala Mr Sanders.

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

I am NOT a fan of this.  I know the younger generation approve but I am of the school to "act like you have been there and will be back" ala Mr Sanders.

basically it is a bounty. we need to keep up with the other teams. some teams love those alternate uni's and i know we cover it a lot here but if it fires the team up why not? there is not a better look home uni than ours and i would hate to see that change even a little but if it fires them up on the road or whatever why not? but can we afford to do it? or would we have to change to nike or someone else?

23 minutes ago, AUatHeart said:

I’m not a fan of them, but my opinion doesn’t matter to the guys busting their humps to get them.

Egg zackly!  If the fellas busting their butts want a little extra motivation and have a little fun at the same time, I don't see a down side to it.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

basically it is a bounty. we need to keep up with the other teams. some teams love those alternate uni's and i know we cover it a lot here but if it fires the team up why not? there is not a better look home uni than ours and i would hate to see that change even a little but if it fires them up on the road or whatever why not? but can we afford to do it? or would we have to change to nike or someone else?

Yeah I get it.  Just not my taste

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

Football is about getting players excited controllably. If this helps, I am in favor. Turnovers are one of the biggest positives on the defensive side and the biggest negative on offensive side. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Football is about getting players excited controllably. If this helps, I am in favor. Turnovers are one of the biggest positives on the defensive side and the biggest negative on offensive side. 

i bet we have lost good recruits because of this. and people say bama does not do it but good grief look at what they have built. we need every single advantage we can muster for recruiting. i know we have stuff in the works like new facilities but why stop there? my concession would be rod uni's only could be used as alternates. when we are home we should rep our orange and blue.

• Facepalm 1

32 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

At this point, it's just corny to me. It fits with Miami b/c of their history of being flashy and the program trying to recapture that time period of the U. With other teams it's just like...OK...*shrug*. I'm 38 and don't have an old school mentality. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

At this point, it's just corny to me. It fits with Miami b/c of their history of being flashy and the program trying to recapture that time period of the U. With other teams it's just like...OK...*shrug*. I'm 38 and don't have an old school mentality. 

Agree with the corny.  For lameness references, look up FSU's backpack under Taggert or Tennessee's trashcan gimmick under Jones.  Normally, I'd include links but they're too embarrassing to be associated with, so ... look them up yourself.   

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Maybe go with something else instead? I like the concept to get our players excited and fired up but don't just do what the next guy is doing. Think outside the box. Maybe turnover crowns or something to that effect. I agree it will help with recruiting but make yourself stand apart from what everyone else is doing. That will definitely get noticed.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, AUloggerhead said:

Agree with the corny.  For lameness references, look up FSU's backpack under Taggert or Tennessee's trashcan gimmick under Jones.  Normally, I'd include links but they're too embarrassing to be associated with, so ... look them up yourself.   

lol. A backpack and a trash can....wow. Yeah...no thanks. But if the kids want it...it's up to them. 

2 minutes ago, bootskii said:

Maybe go with something else instead? I like the concept to get our players excited and fired up but don't just do what the next guy is doing. Think outside the box. Maybe turnover crowns or something to that effect. I agree it will help with recruiting but make yourself stand apart from what everyone else is doing. That will definitely get noticed.

Good point.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bootskii said:

I just don't see how it helps with recruiting. If i'm a recruit....it may look cool to me but that's about it. I wish we would be open to having one alternative jersey as others have mentioned but unless we're rolling out a wardrobe of uniforms like Oregon it's just hard for me to associate things like that with moving the needle with recruiting. I certainly can be wrong on that...just hard for me to believe. 

I think AU does have it's own thing that's genuine. Our guys love to dance on the sidelines and we get the student section involved on big plays when we hit that swag surf. The players and student swag surfing is amazing. Videos are still being shared of it. That's better than any gimmick object. We win...we dance was a common slogan for us on social media. 

• Like 2

UM did it and it was very original. If we came up with our own concept than cool. But lately the others have been corny. UM always setting those trends.

• Like 3

With all the news right now we are talking about this? 😝 

This topic came up from scratch. I like that. Nothing to do with what some media guy who knows less than me and you has to say. Judging by CBH and CDM's style I bet there's no turnover trophies.

No. No. No. Nope. No. To be a professional, act like a professional. To be a champion, act like a champion. To be respected, act respectable. This is an ethic for success whether or not the NFL comes calling.

Or, don't - and just be an instagrime spectacle with fewer and fewer fans.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I vote no.   I’m old school and don’t care that I’m old school.   The turnover thing comes across as something that needs to get your players excited about doing something.   If that’s the kind of players we need, I’m for a hard pass on them. 

• Like 5

Let them work out a deal with Pillsbury for NIL. Nobody does turnovers like the Pillsbury Dough Boy. 

• Haha 2

I sure hope Harsin does not implement a turnover chain because in probably a majority of the guys recovering the fumble is not the guy that did the real work of forcing the fumble and on interceptions sometime the db does is not make a good play but is out of position and the quarterback makes a bad throw.  I don't think players should be rewarded for that.  In addition, even if it is a good play by the defensive player he was doing his job.