Here we go again…

DKW 86

From the Cullman Trump Rally today. From a coworkers FB account  

E1914B4A-20B1-4FE3-BFBC-9F9A17004829.jpeg

Edited by DKW 86
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I apologize to the forum. I was wrong. I NEVER thought that Trump would consider running again or that thousands of people would still go to hear him run his mouth. I hope that the repubs can get someone ready to beat him in the primary if Trump does indeed choose to run again. The odds of the dems selecting a more moderate candidate seems unlikely. We probably deserve to see Trump vs. Biden 2 but I sure hope that we don't.

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

14 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

From the Cullman Trump Rally today. From a coworkers FB account  

E1914B4A-20B1-4FE3-BFBC-9F9A17004829.jpeg

The only thing more frightening than that is the current occupiers of the WH.  I'm hoping both parties become less radicalized in the future and slide more to the center but I doubt that will happen anytime soon.  If the current regime is any indication it's only going to get worse with social medias and big tech becoming more and more politicized.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 3

So he recommended to the crowd that they take the vaccine, and a fair number of people booed.

I'm hoping he can change minds. The scariest thing that can happen is for the world view of some of those people to no longer depend on their icon and become self-sustaining.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

On 8/22/2021 at 2:02 PM, Grumps said:

We probably deserve to see Trump vs. Biden 2 but I sure hope that we don't.

I don't know what they're going to drag out there in 2024 that could resemble a competent Biden - those days are long gone.

On 8/22/2021 at 3:43 PM, SRBautigerfan said:

The only thing more frightening than that is the current occupiers of the WH.  I'm hoping both parties become less radicalized in the future and slide more to the center but I doubt that will happen anytime soon.  If the current regime is any indication it's only going to get worse with social medias and big tech becoming more and more politicized.

I don't see a centrist on the Republican side anytime soon - they get accused of being a tool for corporatist or globalist agendas.

We're so divided right now.  I'm sure I'm speaking from my priveledged whiteness when I say this, but it used to be that we all seemingly wanted the same things and just disagreed on how to get there.  Somewhere along the way someone convinced us that we don't even want the same things and the other side is a threat to our way of life.

• Like 3

The trayvon Martin case was the first step to everything being very messed up as far a race stuff goes, camera phones were a very big deal as well but it doesn't get talked about. Also the internet and social media were very big. It's now easier than ever to research things and stuff like the curriculum in schools and what's getting taught being so much bull crap was exposed. 

It's not a secret why Trump would stop at Cullman......Cullman is known for their racism. My mom wouldn't even allow me to drive through Cullman when I would have to travel back and forth to Auburn while I was in college. I disobeyed ONE time because I was tired and wanted to use the short cut and of course I was pulled over and had one of the scariest experiences I've ever had with the police. 

That was my luck if I ever didn't do what my mom told me I paid the price immediately it always seemed. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, cole256 said:

It's not a secret why Trump would stop at Cullman......Cullman is known for their racism. My mom wouldn't even allow me to drive through Cullman when I would have to travel back and forth to Auburn while I was in college. I disobeyed ONE time because I was tired and wanted to use the short cut and of course I was pulled over and had one of the scariest experiences I've ever had with the police. 

I was telling Mrs. Loof, who didn't grow up in the south, about Cullman. I grew up in Montgomery, then went to Auburn... and obviously hung out with kids from all over Alabama... and everyone heard from everyone else that Cullman was *racist* racist.

You don't want kids from Montgomery and Alex City and Brewton and Guntersville to be calling you racist. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I was telling Mrs. Loof, who didn't grow up in the south, about Cullman. I grew up in Montgomery, then went to Auburn... and obviously hung out with kids from all over Alabama... and everyone heard from everyone else that Cullman was *racist* racist.

You don't want kids from Montgomery and Alex City and Brewton and Guntersville to be calling you racist. 

They pulled me over there for tail light being out (I can't put into words to quantify how many times I've been pulled over for this and not one time when I've gotten out of the car has it ever been out) but at this time I was very naive and not well versed in my rights.

They made me get out of the car, hand cuffed me, said they have been having problems with people transporting drugs driving through Cullman and Moulton because people avoid the highway.

They put me in the back of their car, searched my car without permission, called a k-9 dude. Handled me very aggressively, told me not to drive thru there anymore. It was around 11-12 at night when I was passing through. I was freaking terrified. Like thinking they were going to take me somewhere and kill me terrified.

The road through there at the time was super dark, hardly any street lights. My heart is beating fast now just describing this to you. 

I hopemy kids will NEVER have to experience that

• Sad 4
  • Angry 1

22 minutes ago, cole256 said:

They pulled me over there for tail light being out (I can't put into words to quantify how many times I've been pulled over for this and not one time when I've gotten out of the car has it ever been out) but at this time I was very naive and not well versed in my rights.

They made me get out of the car, hand cuffed me, said they have been having problems with people transporting drugs driving through Cullman and Moulton because people avoid the highway.

They put me in the back of their car, searched my car without permission, called a k-9 dude. Handled me very aggressively, told me not to drive thru there anymore. It was around 11-12 at night when I was passing through. I was freaking terrified. Like thinking they were going to take me somewhere and kill me terrified.

The road through there at the time was super dark, hardly any street lights. My heart is beating fast now just describing this to you. 

Jesus, man.

I hate reading that.

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Jesus, man.

I hate reading that.

And that's actually number 2 on my list. The number 1 worse encounter I went and filed a complaint and everything. Didn't too much happen when I filed it but it was so bad I had to do something. 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, cole256 said:

And that's actually number 2 on my list. The number 1 worse encounter I went and filed a complaint and everything. Didn't too much happen when I filed it but it was so bad I had to do something. 

I almost responded before with my worst experience just to point out how much easier my worst experience was than yours. Now I'm glad I didn't because it would just feel that much more stupid.  Like, why would I even bring it up. 

Yes, let's not let your kids go through that.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I almost responded before with my worst experience just to point out how much easier my worst experience was than yours. Now I'm glad I didn't because it would just feel that much more stupid.  Like, why would I even bring it up. 

Yes, let's not let your kids go through that.

I don't want to take away from this thread but one day I'll tell you my worst. It happened in Florence though and not Cullman so it's not related to this thread. But yeah Cullman definitely has a reputation and I'm sure Trump knew that

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I don't want to take away from this thread but one day I'll tell you my worst. It happened in Florence though and not Cullman so it's not related to this thread. But yeah Cullman definitely has a reputation and I'm sure Trump knew that

I drove from Cullman to Addison a couple of years ago for a funeral. I passed this building and it gave me chills.

https://www.google.com/maps/@34.1985721,-87.0785321,3a,75y,280.12h,87.18t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sLMwvd_fOy-JD9hhKwjtlrQ!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

On 8/23/2021 at 5:30 PM, AUDevil said:

I don't know what they're going to drag out there in 2024 that could resemble a competent Biden - those days are long gone.

If Trump is on one side, I'm not sure it even matters who is on the opposing ticket.  Trump's negatives are that high.  If Trump had just a little bit of class and respect for anything other than himself, things would be different, but he has none.  The days of insulting your way into office may work in Alabama, but the race to dumb doesn't play as well everywhere else.

• Like 2

On 8/24/2021 at 4:49 PM, cole256 said:

Unfortunately, this is not shocking to me whatsoever. I was a public defender years ago.  I have had cases where the officer claimed that his probable cause was that he smelled marijuana as the car was driving down the road at 60 mph. Everyone in the courtroom got a good laugh when I referred to him as officer Fido.  They didn't find any weed in the car, just a bottle of prescription drugs that belonged to the kid's girlfriend.  Ofcourse, they arrested the kid and charged him with distribution of a controlled substance and let him sit in jail for 3 months before ever assigning his case to a PD.

• Sad 1

On 8/23/2021 at 8:59 AM, CoffeeTiger said:

The Trump circus just keeps rolling along and Conservatives are falling over themselves to get taken advantage of. 

Trump may have hurt your “feelings “ , but Biden is hurting your family, finances and your future.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 3

1 hour ago, PUB78 said:

Trump may have hurt your “feelings “ , but Biden is hurting your family, finances and your future.

What was your Cullman experience like? Are you also insinuating that Coffee doesn’t have feelings? Do you know how the English language works?

Edited by ShocksMyBrain

1 hour ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

What was your Cullman experience like? Are you also insinuating that Coffee doesn’t have feelings? Do you know how the English language works?

Didn’t make it to Cullman nor any Trump rallies.  How about you?

What could be even WORSE than Trump in a future presidential regime? Ack! Desantis! The scourge of unholy dead!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, PUB78 said:

And apparently my face, too, from all these face palms!🤕

2 hours ago, PUB78 said:

And apparently my face, too, from all these face palms!🤕

2 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

you only got 2 facepalms. 

that's nothing around here. 

Rookie....:big:

• Like 1