Did the USA surrender to the Taliban in Afghanistan?

SaturdayGT

If we did, it happened a while ago. We've been negotiating with them for 2 years now, culminating in Doha last year. 

15 minutes ago, SaturdayGT said:

I think it happened hours ago....

Nah. Wasn't Taliban that attacked us. They're all to happy to usher us out the door. That was another group of radical Muslim fundys, ISIS Khorasan. 

The Taliban and ISIS-K actually hate each other, go figure. 

8 minutes ago, AUDub said:

The Taliban and ISIS-K actually hate each other, go figure. 

May they war with each other for the next 100 years. this is why we need to get out and stay out of the ME. 

No.  The place has never been anything other than a pit of humanity.  Conquering the place was not a problem.  Actually governing the place is impossible.

4 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

May they war with each other for the next 100 years. this is why we need to get out and stay out of the ME. 

Weird because they're both Sunni you'd think they'd get along fine. 

ISIS' brand of Sunni is the "you're Sunni now or you die" brand. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Kicker on this is the Taliban is, for the time being, an ally of convenience against people that are way worse like ISIS. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Us getting out aside...why the war between them?....not sure I buy the diversity of the religion in the area...

5 minutes ago, SaturdayGT said:

Us getting out aside...why the war between them?....not sure I buy the diversity of the religion in the area...

Just like Christianity, there are various sects. Unlike Christianity, they do NOT get along.

The group most commonly victimized in Islamic terror attacks is actually Muslims.

Edited by AUDub
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Just like Christianity, there are various sects. Unlike Christianity, they do NOT get along.

The group actually most commonly victimized in Islamic terror attacks is actually Muslims.

Yeah, its so frustrating to see...how does the world devolve into oppressors and those oppressed as the norm?...whats wrong with individual thoughts and actions? ..I do stuff, you do stuff...they do stuff.....somewhere in that mix, theres an issue...not only an issue, but hate!!..its almost like our politics are taliban like.....

7 hours ago, SaturdayGT said:

Well, we could start with about 4000 years of history that predates the religious aspect of all this. The culture there has always been a war culture. It is what it is.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

7 hours ago, AUDub said:

The group most commonly victimized in Islamic terror attacks is actually Muslims.

I have always thought that the best policy in the ME was to arm both sides and let them fight to the death. The day after they kill off Israel, the Muslims would start the slaughter of each other that will never end. "The Religion of Peace" has likely killed more people over the last 1300 years than most dictators. Not that Western Culture and Christianity are much better. We just waged a 20 year for nothing, over nothing and likely killed 100,000 or more civilians.

Edited by DKW 86
  • Dislike 1

27 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

I have always thought that the best policy in the ME was to arm both sides and let them fight to the death. The day after they kill off Israel, the Muslims would start the slaughter of each other that will never end. "The Religion of Peace" has likely killed more people over the last 1300 years than most dictators. Not that Western Culture and Christianity are much better. We just waged a 20 year for nothing, over nothing and likely killed 100,000 or more civilians.

Why the **** would you arm them? Why would you ever arm anyone else. This is more stupidity coming from interventionism ideas. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AUGunsmith said:

Why the **** would you arm them? Why would you ever arm anyone else. This is more stupidity coming from interventionism ideas. 

And apparently you missed the humor here. I dont want any more wars ever. But...They are not going to listen to that. Their entire culture, for 4000 years or so is war. Throw in the Muslim-Jihad Factor, and then add some just plain crazy folks in ISIS, and you have the pattern for almost permanent war. When they are fighting each other, they tend to leave the US and Charlie Hebdo alone..

• Facepalm 1

12 hours ago, SaturdayGT said:

It had to be asked..

The answer is a matter of perspective.  The only ones saying the USA did not surrender is some Americans.  Our allies, I believe, have a different view of the events.  The Taliban, ISIS-K and Al-Qaeda know we are leaving like a whipped dog with our tails between our legs.  Russia and China are taking notes.

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

And apparently you missed the humor here. I dont want any more wars ever. But...They are not going to listen to that. Their entire culture, for 4000 years or so is war. Throw in the Muslim-Jihad Factor, and then add some just plain crazy folks in ISIS, and you have the pattern for almost permanent war. When they are fighting each other, they tend to leave the US and Charlie Hebdo alone..

Let them fight each other with sticks and stones if they want to. When has arming random groups of people with good reason to hate you ever been a good idea?

US meddling has never produced a net positive. It only acts when it can pass blame for blowback and protect it's ruling class from losing power/wealth, etc. 

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Russia and China are taking notes.

Russia already learned this lesson in the 80s. 

If China wants to attempt to embrace this tar-baby, they can have at it. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

China already have embraced the Taliban as they want Afghanistan’s rare earth minerals.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/17/taliban-in-afghanistan-china-may-exploit-rare-earth-metals-analyst-says.html

To them, America is a paper tiger.

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

China already have embraced the Taliban as they want Afghanistan’s rare earth minerals.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/17/taliban-in-afghanistan-china-may-exploit-rare-earth-metals-analyst-says.html

Again, this is a neocon talking point. "But the resources!"

There's a damn good reason that stuff is still in the ground. 

7 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Again, this is a neocon talking point. "But the resources!"

There's a damn good reason that stuff is still in the ground. 

True, but the difference is China will economically support the Taliban, not try to run their country as the US tried to do.  It remains to be seen if it is economically feasible to extract the minerals when it mutually benefits both parties.

16 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

3 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

True, but the difference is China will economically support the Taliban, not try to run their country as the US tried to do.  It remains to be seen if it is economically feasible to extract the minerals when it mutually benefits both parties.

Damn Attempting To Give A Damn GIF - Damn Attempting To Give A Damn GIFs

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Careful Dub. I got labeled racist for using that (totally appropriate) term.:rolleyes: