Did the USA surrender to the Taliban in Afghanistan?

SaturdayGT

24 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Careful Dub. I got labeled racist for using that (totally appropriate) term.:rolleyes:

Kind of strange Uncle Remus' Tales are a foreign concept on a southern forum. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SaturdayGT said:

Yeah, its so frustrating to see...how does the world devolve into oppressors and those oppressed as the norm?...whats wrong with individual thoughts and actions? ..I do stuff, you do stuff...they do stuff.....somewhere in that mix, theres an issue...not only an issue, but hate!!..its almost like our politics are taliban like.....

I think that we take for granted being taught from the time we are born that individual thinking is something to value.  If all someone has ever known is to submit to a set of rules, their view of the world is much different.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

The Chinese are infidels too.  Doubt they will bend the knee for a few RMBs.

If they want to waste their time in Afghanistan, so be it. 

Edited by DKW 86

14 hours ago, SaturdayGT said:

Yeah, its so frustrating to see...how does the world devolve into oppressors and those oppressed as the norm?...whats wrong with individual thoughts and actions? ..I do stuff, you do stuff...they do stuff.....somewhere in that mix, theres an issue...not only an issue, but hate!!..its almost like our politics are taliban like.....

It's all pretty much explained by the Third Wave Experiment imo. Or even just look at the Iron Bowl rivalry. One side literally seeks to oppress the other and said oppression is secured by college kids playing football. That is the depth of our need to have the upper hand (and our fear of not having it). Ultimately it's an innate sense of self-preservation that we can't turn off even as- in my case- financially and demographically secure worker bees. And, damn, does it ever get more intense once we have kids. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AUDub said:

Kind of strange Uncle Remus' Tales are a foreign concept on a southern forum. 

Yep. They are timeless parables that can teach even a small child lessons in life. 

Or in other words, literary treasures.

Edited by homersapien