Auburn Tigers vs Alabama State Hornets

Jordan-Hare Stadium

11:00 AM CT

SECN

What will the final score be?!?!

Edited by Zeek

13 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Me too. Would hope to DD also.

Yes! This is the game IMO to find QB #2 Although I am sure DD is on his way to a RS season.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yes! This is the game IMO to find QB #2 Although I am sure DD is on his way to a RS season.

I’m assuming they will be working more in the playbook also. Agree that we probably see more of TJ, also.

• Like 1

As weird as it sounds, I want us to struggle a little bit. Maybe for just a drive. Bo gets sacked or a real bad break down on the OL and let him react.

Feel like we need that before PSU. Maybe we don't, but I'd love to get punched in the mouth once and respond

There's no line for this game, so 58-0

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

As weird as it sounds, I want us to struggle a little bit. Maybe for just a drive. Bo gets sacked or a real bad break down on the OL and let him react.

Feel like we need that before PSU. Maybe we don't, but I'd love to get punched in the mouth once and respond

There's no line for this game, so 58-0

IMO that needs to happen and will happen in the Penn State game. That will prepare us far more for SEC competition. Struggle against Alabama state would not be a good omen. I want to see some adversity and how we respond and that for sure will happen soon!

• Like 3

Alabama State just had an overtime game with the Miles Golden Bears. This could be an even more ugly game. I think the 2nd/3rd string defense catches hell for the lack of a shutout and letting a backup quarterback go 13/13. Not sure what the offense puts up but I think a shutout is very plausible. ASU's poor punting will make it easier to score in less time as well.

One caveat is that I don't think we see Bo play for as long. We will likely see Tank get his 100+ and then sit him again. Would like to see Dematrius get a series or two at the very least; remember redshirt players can still participate in four games.

Don't think we score as much because the backups get even more reps this time around and Bo likely doesn't go 20/22 again...

Auburn 45 - Alabama State 0

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

IMO that needs to happen and will happen in the Penn State game. That will prepare us far more for SEC competition. Struggle against Alabama state would not be a good omen. I want to see some adversity and how we respond and that for sure will happen soon!

Hopefully he's got enough of it in practice and it sounds like he did.

I don't want us to come out and get worked, just a touch of adversity. Like for a drive

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

Alabama State just had an overtime game with the Miles Golden Bears. This could be an even more ugly game. I think the 2nd/3rd string defense catches hell for the lack of a shutout and letting a backup quarterback go 13/13. Not sure what the offense puts up but I think a shutout is very plausible. ASU's poor punting will make it easier to score in less time as well.

One caveat is that I don't think we see Bo play for as long. We will likely see Tank get his 100+ and then sit him again. Would like to see Dematrius get a series or two at the very least; remember redshirt players can still participate in four games.

Don't think we score as much because the backups get even more reps this time around and Bo likely doesn't go 20/22 again...

Auburn 45 - Alabama State 0

I'd like to see the 2nd/3rd team get the whole second half, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the 1st team get a series and get used to make adjustments at half and then executing them for a single drive.

I don't care how many yards Tank gets, as long as it's only ~12 carries 

• Like 1

Prediction:

I will be more focused on the bbq I'm smoking than this game.

Just need it to finish on time so that I can properly enjoy El Assico!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, auskip07 said:

Its possible that ASU is worse than Akron? 

Yes.

We should be able to name our score in this one.  Our coaches will make this game about us prepping anything we need before we go to PSU, sorting 2s, 3s, and RS, getting live reps on tape to fine-tune and make future opponents prepare for as much as possible, etc.   I also think our backups really want to finish the shutout this time.   Also, the fact that we got 0 turnovers in that game is an issue that will be addressed this week!

AU 66

ASU 0

• Like 2