Explain the Receiver Rotation

AUght2win

8 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Then Harsin needs to boot these guys. They don't need to sit on the roster. If they're in good enough standing to make the trip, they need to be playing. 

no, no and that is not how it works

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SRBautigerfan said:

From what I've seen you're correct about Hudson.  He's got good size and appears to have really good hands.  

IMO, secondary issues are a lot of scheme issues more so than talent. We are giving WR's wayyy too big of a cushion the way they are playing zone. We are 10-15 yards off the ball, so easy for the WR to catch and run while we have had not much of a pass rush. Recipe for disaster. It's been like that in literally every game this year we just happened to get burned by it Saturday.

Edited by TAYLORKEETON
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Looked like a mid-major coach out of his league Saturday night. WR rotation and all. Pathetic. 

I don’t agree with this assessment at all.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Looked like a mid-major coach out of his league Saturday night. WR rotation and all. Pathetic. 

Damn, some harsh criticism.

Just now, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

You can be wrong. That is your right. Should have kept Gus. Save a lot of money. Both look like the same coach on offense. 

Wouldn’t be the first time I am wrong. I’m just as sure that you would be ahead of me in that long line. I liked Malzahn. Thought he led Auburn with class, but it was definitely time for him to go.

4 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

You can be wrong. That is your right. Should have kept Gus. Save a lot of money. Both look like the same coach on offense. 

The guy that just lost to Louisville? No thanks.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

IMO, secondary issues are a lot of scheme issues more so than talent. We are giving WR's wayyy too big of a cushion the way they are playing zone. We are 10-15 yards off the ball, so easy for the WR to catch and run while we have had not much of a pass rush. Recipe for disaster. It's been like that in literally every game this year we just happened to get burned by it Saturday.

??  I was talking about Kobe Hudson and our wr's rotation but ok... 

• Haha 1

Bo seems to trust Jackson and go to him because he is always where he is suppose to be, I am guessing.

Robinson and Bo need more reps, Bo seems to miss him and he is getting open.

We need to recruit different types of wr’s.   Size, hands, route running and football IQ need to be priorities.  

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Tell me you know nothing about football without actually telling me you know nothing about football🤷🙄

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, TheDanoC said:

Messageboard infighting and hyperbolic overreactions are never in short supply. Sheesh 🙄 

Some stuff you read makes you go WTF is wrong with you 🤣 but hey that's what makes public message boards great honestly. 

57 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

you cant be serious?     

with all of our faults on offense and defense saturday night we were 2 yard and a 2 point conversion away from tying the game in the 4th with 3 min left.   We wouldnt have been as close with gus at the helm. 

also.... i atleast have hope with harsin that we will get better as the year goes on.  

Edited by auskip07
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Are you starting to sour on Harsin?  Do you still like him as our coach long term?

Edited by abw0004

15 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think Shed did a good job of getting open, but failed in every other aspect. Bad hands, ball retention, just not a very good game 

I feel like he’d be a good WR3-4 though. Just clearly not a 1 

THis is where I am.

Jackson should NOT be the the number 1 option on a critical down. 

He doesn't have great WR skills. He doesn't run well consistently(i.e. his falling down on a wide open pass from Bo down the left sideline). I think Canion and Capers would have caught that sideline tipped ball that Jackson fumbled going out of bounds.

He doesn't have great hands. Why we think he is our best deep option? I don't see it.

I've heard he knows the playbook better than guys sitting behind him. Fine, but somewhere soon we need other better skilled WRs to take those plays...

Jackson is our best WR blocker. He does probably run better routes. But he is not the right guy to make big plays in the passing game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I think you by and large have excellent posts but this aint it dude. Gus gets routed from this game 10 times out of 10. We were also 10/17 on third down. When was the last time Gus put up third down numbers like that on the road for Auburn against a competent team? We weren't even that good on third down in 2014 when we rang up 44 on Alabama.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Are you starting to sour on Harsin?  Do you still like him as our coach long term?

Sour? A little. That was just awful game planning and adjusting by Harsin and staff. Given they used almost 3 weeks of prep for this game. They looked lost Saturday and the moment too big for them. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Sour? A little. That was just awful game planning and adjusting by Harsin and staff. Given they used almost 3 weeks of prep for this game. They looked lost Saturday and the moment too big for them. 

Sour? no. But disappointed.

I thought a coach who played QB and an OC that played QB would know that a fade route to the corner from the 2 with a WR that is not built or shows he is a go to clutch WR, should not have been the first option. Certainly they know that is a low percentage pass option. 

What did they see that even after a TO, they thought that was their best chance. Was it executed wrong which resulted in their DB standing their waiting for Hudson and simply locked him up easily.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, WalkingCarpet said:

I think you by and large have excellent posts but this aint it dude. Gus gets routed from this game 10 times out of 10. We were also 10/17 on third down. When was the last time Gus put up third down numbers like that on the road for Auburn against a competent team? We weren't even that good on third down in 2014 when we rang up 44 on Alabama.

I was being sarcastic on the Gus comment. But that was a Gus esq performance on offense. Didn't pay 30 million in cash to get rid of Gus to have Harsin go Gus on Saturdays.  86 plays and Tank / Hunter had 36 carries I believe? Wow. 

• Like 1