COVID treatment is ONLY for unvaccinated!

AURex

Tennessee governor (Yes, an AUBURN graduate) has decided that monoclonal antibodies treatments are ONLY  available to people who are unvaccinated.

So,, if you made your effort to fight the pandemic, got vaccinated, well ...... FU!

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/tennessee-limiting-monoclonal-antibody-treatment-unvaccinated-residents-n1279740

BTW -- that's me and wifey. We got vaccinated, because it was the right thing to do. Now, we are not eligible for treatment because ........ friggin right wing political nutcase crazoid politics?

Edited by AURex
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, AURex said:

Tennessee governor (Yes, an AUBURN graduate) has decided that monoclonal antibodies treatments are ONLY  available to people who are unvaccinated.

So,, if you made your effort to fight the pandemic, got vaccinated, well ...... FU!

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/tennessee-limiting-monoclonal-antibody-treatment-unvaccinated-residents-n1279740

BTW -- that's me and wifey. We got vaccinated, because it was the right thing to do. Now, we are not eligible for treatment because ........ friggin right wing political nutcase crazoid politics?

How can a man be that stupid?

1 hour ago, jj3jordan said:

You should be all good if you got the vaccine. Why you need monoclonal antibodies?

They are commonly given.  They reduce the time someone is sick greatly.  EAMC has a clinic that gives the iv treatment by appointment every day.  They are slam packed with people.

Kinda makes sense, It's triage. Which has a higher risk of dying without treatment. 

The vaccinated are having far less severe cases with a dramatic reduction in hospitalizations.  Treat and shorten the duration for this unvaccinated and you reduce the hospital saturation and workload. That said, limiting the treatment options for any patient is dumb.

7 hours ago, AU9377 said:

They are commonly given.  They reduce the time someone is sick greatly.  EAMC has a clinic that gives the iv treatment by appointment every day.  They are slam packed with people.

They put it in one of their lobbies. It made doing a disinfect on their dialysis water system down there a few weeks ago a nightmare. 

10 hours ago, AURex said:

This is probably a direct result of Biden’s policy of restricting monoclonal antibodies to southern states because they were getting 70% of the shipments.  Soooo, if the supply is not what is needed, the health department of Tennessee has decided to use what they get on the most vulnerable.  It seems decision about supplies may have unintended effects.

Ultimately, you can thank Joe Biden. 

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

50 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

This is probably a direct result of Biden’s policy of restricting monoclonal antibodies to southern states because they were getting 70% of the shipments.  Soooo, if the supply is not what is needed, the health department of Tennessee has decided to use what they get on the most vulnerable.  It seems decision about supplies may have unintended effects.

Ultimately, you can thank Joe Biden. 

There is no excuse, other than a personal medical reason (which is extremely rare), for people to not be vaccinated.  They shouldn't be rewarded for their ignorance.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

40 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

There is no excuse, other than a personal medical reason (which is extremely rare), for people to not be vaccinated.  They shouldn't be rewarded for their ignorance.

The new Florida Surgeon General disagrees with you about the vaccine and he is not an ignorant man.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

The new Florida Surgeon General disagrees with you about the vaccine and he is not an ignorant man.

On this, yes he is.  When you say something like this...

When asked if states should be promoting vaccines, Ladapo said states should be promoting "good health" and vaccines aren't the only path to that.

...then you are being ignorant (or worse, cynically toeing a political party line no matter who it ends up killing), and promoting ignorance, no matter how educated otherwise you are.  The vaccines are, far and away, the most effective and best path to get us out of the pandemic.  Any health official who isn't promoting them and urging people to get vaccinated shouldn't be in their position.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, AU9377 said:

How can a man be that stupid?

Havte you looked around at some of the Auburn graduates on this forum?

One's mental capacity can be highly skewed toward mere cleverness and/or congeniality and still succeed in politics.  In s this case, he is clearly giving precedent to politics, which is highly unethical IMO.

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

When asked if states should be promoting vaccines, Ladapo said states should be promoting "good health" and vaccines aren't the only path to that.

...then you are being ignorant (or worse, cynically toeing a political party line no matter who it ends up killing), and promoting ignorance, no matter how educated otherwise you are.  The vaccines are, far and away, the most effective and best path to get us out of the pandemic.  Any health official who isn't promoting them and urging people to get vaccinated shouldn't be in their position.

He's a political lacky. If his education really "took" he is also a sociopath.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

He is a Doctor with a different point of view.  What he may say, I’m sure, will be banned from any social medial outlet as *cynically toeing the political party line*.

• Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

12 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

He is a Doctor with a different point of view.  

No, he's a doctor with a wrong point of view.  The medical science on these vaccines and other treatments for COVID is clear and he is either ignorant of that, or he's made a cynical political decision to advance his career in Florida.

What he may say, I’m sure, will be banned from any social medial outlet as *cynically toeing the political party line*.

If it is banned, it will be because its pseudoscientific bull**** and misinformation that will cost human lives if believed and followed.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

No, he's a doctor with a wrong point of view.  The medical science on these vaccines and other treatments for COVID is clear and he is either ignorant of that, or he's made a cynical political decision to advance his career in Florida.

If it is banned, it will be because its pseudoscientific bull**** and misinformation that will cost human lives if believed and followed.

He's not anti-vaccine, he's just saying it's not the only option and not for everyone. 

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

17 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

He is a Doctor with a different point of view.  What he may say, I’m sure, will be banned from any social medial outlet as *cynically toeing the political party line*.

If he had said the same thing about varicella shots, would you still believe him to be a good choice as a state Surgeon General?

6 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

He's not anti-vaccine, he's just saying it's not the only option and not for everyone. 

There's a way to say that and not come off like a buffoon or political lackey.  Here's my stab at it:

"Some people have valid medical reasons not to receive this vaccine and I support their right to do so.  For everyone else, I urge you to get vaccinated.  It is the fastest, most effective way to get us out of this pandemic and avoid straining our health care system and death.  The longer people hold out, the longer we'll be dealing with this health crisis."

See there?  You offer that some folks have actual medical reasons for not getting it, you aren't forcing anyone to, but you give the facts and a responsible call for people to get vaccinated.  Anything short of that from a medical official in a position like his is dereliction of duty.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

There's a way to say that and not come off like a buffoon or political lackey.  Here's my stab at it:

"Some people have valid medical reasons not to receive this vaccine and I support their right to do so.  For everyone else, I urge you to get vaccinated.  It is the fastest, most effective way to get us out of this pandemic and avoid straining our health care system and death.  The longer people hold out, the longer we'll be dealing with this health crisis."

See there?  You offer that some folks have actual medical reasons for not getting it, you aren't forcing anyone to, but you give the facts and a responsible call for people to get vaccinated.  Anything short of that from a medical official in a position like his is dereliction of duty.

His messaging works just fine. The more you try to force something on people the more they will reject it. Which is all we hear..............perhaps lightening the tone will help persuade some. Maybe it will, maybe it won't. But there is nothing wrong about what he said.................

While acknowledging the importance of COVID-19 vaccines, he says that folks should be able to make their own decisions.

“It’s been treated almost like a religion, it’s just senseless there are lots of good pathways to health, vaccination is not the only one,” says Dr. Ladapo. “We support measures for good health, vaccination, losing weight, eating more fruits and vegetables.”

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

If he had said the same thing about varicella shots, would you still believe him to be a good choice as a state Surgeon General?

Straw man argument 

• Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

His messaging works just fine. The more you try to force something on people the more they will reject it. Which is all we hear..............perhaps lightening the tone will help persuade some. Maybe it will, maybe it won't. But there is nothing wrong about what he said.................

Putting "other options" on the same level of effectiveness as the vaccine is bull**** and there's plenty wrong with it.  And nothing I said forced anyone.  It gave a sound medical analysis of the situation.

While acknowledging the importance of COVID-19 vaccines, he says that folks should be able to make their own decisions.

“It’s been treated almost like a religion, it’s just senseless there are lots of good pathways to health, vaccination is not the only one,” says Dr. Ladapo. “We support measures for good health, vaccination, losing weight, eating more fruits and vegetables.”

Losing weight, eating your veggies, while good, are not on the same level as the vaccines, nor are they as fast and one of the things we actually need right now is more rapid action.  It may take many people several months to get their weight down in a healthy manner.  We could have reach herd immunity in the country in 5 weeks if everyone who can get the shot would go get one starting today.  

His statement was weak and ill informed.

• Like 1

Just now, TitanTiger said:

Putting "other options" on the same level of effectiveness as the vaccine is bull**** and there's plenty wrong with it.  And nothing I said forced anyone.  It gave a sound medical analysis of the situation.

Losing weight, eating your veggies, while good, are not on the same level as the vaccines, nor are they as fast and one of the things we actually need right now is more rapid action.  It may take many people several months to get their weight down in a healthy manner.

His statement was weak and ill informed.

That is your opinion, but not mine. I think what he said is valid.

Also, I don't think he's trying to put the other options on the same level. He's just trying to soften the tone with the vaccines.....sometimes you have to speak to your audience. 

• Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

That is your opinion, but not mine. I think what he said is valid.

Your opinion flies in the fact of medical fact.  Mine doesn't.  "It's just my opinion" isn't an argument.

Also, I don't think he's trying to put the other options on the same level. He's just trying to soften the tone with the vaccines.....sometimes you have to speak to your audience. 

He literally just did.  He put them in a laundry list of other options and downplayed their importance relative to those other things.  The vaccines are far and away more effective and immediate than any of those other measures.  To not point out that bleeding obvious fact is almost criminal coming from a surgeon general.

You can "speak to your audience" but if you can't speak the truth to them, your words are wasted breath.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Your opinion flies in the fact of medical fact.  Mine doesn't.  "It's just my opinion" isn't an argument.

He literally just did.  He put them in a laundry list of other options and downplayed their importance relative to those other things.  The vaccines are far and away more effective and immediate than any of those other measures.  To not point out that bleeding obvious fact is almost criminal coming from a surgeon general.

You can "speak to your audience" but if you can't speak the truth to them, your words are wasted breath.

I will trust a doctor over some random guy on a message board.........

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 2