Firing Squad

DAG

Just now, AU-24 said:

Our now lame duck AD, hired him. Greene is a nice guy, so is Harson. Both are good, conservative family man. Neither one is ready for big-time SEC sports. I don’t know why that is so hard for some to understand.

You think Etheridge would come?

1 hour ago, DAG said:

A little bit preliminary but I am here... Give me your best shot.

Disappointment isn't even the word. I heard people try to lay this at the foot of Gus. NO! I have seen too many coaches come in and change attitude in season 1. Look at someone like Sam Pittman. Those rag tag hogs are fighting their asses off. I can admit when I am wrong and clearly I was 110% wrong. Even if we were to win this game, I am not impressed. This is three games now, where we have started somewhat slow or down right undisciplined. CDM was a big one for me this summer and he has been awful. The defense has no swagger, they miss tackles and just look plain loss. I am done hearing words. I need to see action now.

Let me have it

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47zhqohvdf4yqhcpbc2l

I was one of the ones laughing when they said this guy was the next Urban Meyer. If I didn’t laugh, I would probably cry.

• Facepalm 1

Just now, jptiger said:

I’m afraid this dude took the paycheck. I don’t blame him. We should do better hiring a head coach. Same ole same ole. Some can and some can’t and this dude looks like another one that can’t. Also recruiting is below what we should be doing. First year or not. 

Yeah Like I said I am not saying fire this guy. I just want us to be more prepared. This is two out of three weeks where we look completely inept against inferior competition in the first half. You just cannot doing that against quality teams. It is weird because we looked good for about 80% of Penn State game. Then we regressed a lot until the last quarter here. I am hoping this is a wake up call for the staff and players but I said that the last two weeks. We should just stop talking and get the job done.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I just think you guys should be accosted more for acting as if Gus did nothing and anyone should be able to excel at Auburn long term. It was a real slap in the face to mention Harsin's resume at largely nowhere and dismiss Gus's SEC tenure. Gus's ~3 years in the SEC had more value than all of what Harsin did at maintaining Petersen's program IMO 

And that's not to say I don't think this guy can still be successful here. But between a horrendous hire in Bobo, some of the rumors about how rigid his recruiting style was, and allowing that PSU game to slip out of the collective fingers (plus riding Bo out as long as he did in this game), I was HOPING some guys would walk back that adoration just a LITTLE bit

We all needed this game IMO 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I just think you guys should be accosted more for acting as if Gus

You can kick rocks. Gus got enough props and enough critiquing. He deserves all of that. I don't mind eating crow for being very over confident regarding CBH, but I stand by everything I said about Gus. The good and bad. So yeah can move on with that crap. Gus makes ZERO adjustments. At the very minimal CBH at least proved to me he will adjust when his feet is at the fire.

Edited by DAG

1 minute ago, DAG said:

You can kick rocks. Gus got enough props and enough critiquing. He deserves all of that. I don't mind eating crow for being very over confident regarding CBH, but I stand by everything I said about Gus. The good and bad. So yeah can move on with that crap. Gus makes ZERO adjustments. At the very minimal CBH at least proved to me he will adjust when his feet is at the fire.

Gus did the same thing Harsin just did with Jeremy after a comparably horrible game?

Dude made no adjustments when the kid was playing just like this in PSU's crowd except the defense was stellar and the running game was terrific and all we needed was a pulse at the QB position, what about that? Or when the two second half scoring drives featured a heavy dose of the running game and, because of great coaching intuition, when we needed to score we went away from the running game? Great adjustments huh??? 

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Gus did the same thing Harsin just did with Jeremy after a comparably horrible game?

Dude made no adjustments when the kid was playing just like this in PSU's crowd except the defense was stellar and the running game was terrific and all we needed was a pulse at the QB position, what about that? Or when the two second half scoring drives featured a heavy dose of the running game and, because of great coaching intuition, when we needed to score we went away from the running game? Great adjustments huh??? 

Gus would've never benched Bo? What are you talking about? Secondly, you just accused me of not giving Gus props. I am tired of this crap from you. Find where I never gave Gus his props for the highs he had with Auburn. I do my best to be as objective as possible. He had highs and he had lows. Gus undoing was his pride and refusal to adapt. That was my main issue with him. I could do this all night with you. The same freaking way I am critiquing CBH right now. Again you can kick rocks.

Fire the entire O line.  They should be embarrassed at how bad they are.  They have one of the best backs in the country behind them along with a crazy good freshman, and Tank only averaged a little over 3 ypc.  Tank was getting hit as soon as he touched the ball.

• Like 4

Just now, AUatHeart said:

Fire the entire O line.  They should be embarrassed at how bad they are.  They have one of the best backs in the country behind them along with a crazy good freshman, and Tank only averaged a little over 3 ypc.  Tank was getting hit as soon as he touched the ball.

The O-line is intriguing because they played relatively good against Penn State. I honestly think the whole offense was flat and that comes from leadership. Once others came in and made plays, things started to shape up a bunch. But you are right, I wish these guys had a mean streak in them.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DAG said:

The O-line is intriguing because they played relatively good against Penn State. I honestly think the whole offense was flat and that comes from leadership. Once others came in and made plays, things started to shape up a bunch. But you are right, I wish these guys had a mean streak in them.

Yep.. they played piss poor awful today but I did not see them getting better late in the game.. I saw TJ making plays in spite of them.. TJ was sacked once and harassed almost every pass play.. he just made plays.. he is qb 1 and it is not even close.. he earned it. 

• Like 6

Just now, AuMarine said:

Yep.. they played piss poor awful today but I did not see them getting better late in the game.. I saw TJ making plays in spite of them.. TJ was sacked once and harassed almost every pass play.. he just made plays.. he is qb 1 and it is not even close.. he earned it. 

I liked how he stepped up and was willing to sacrifice his body. What the heck, he even had a run or two. What happened to Bo this year regarding that?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

Maybe the mean streak was born today. Maybe. 

• Like 1

Just now, DAG said:

I liked how he stepped up and was willing to sacrifice his body. What the heck, he even had a run or two. What happened to Bo this year regarding that?

Man I don’t know.. it is almost like the coaches drilled in his head to stay in the pocket and throw it and not give up and run.. of course that is just speculation.. Tj needs his time with the 1s in practice to get that deep ball right..cuz that was the only flaw I saw with him today. He is definitely not a runner but he does enough to keep the play alive and that’s all we can ask.. these coaches need to ride with him. 

• Like 3

With the Bobo hire, I just couldn’t help but think about Tony Franklin. Came here, dropped a world class turd, but some other big program picked him up. He didn’t do much there either. Same with Ted Roof, he didn’t do much at his next stop, Penn State if I remember correctly. Same with a couple other forgettable coaches we have ran through. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MaitlandTiger said:

With the Bobo hire, I just couldn’t help but think about Tony Franklin. Came here, dropped a world class turd, but some other big program picked him up. He didn’t do much there either. Same with Ted Roof, he didn’t do much at his next stop, Penn State if I remember correctly. Same with a couple other forgettable coaches we have ran through. 

I think Bobo was hired more for his SEC experience and recruiting TBH..He did bring in some studs for UGA.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

I think Bobo was hired more for his SEC experience and recruiting TBH..He did bring in some studs for UGA.

Definitely a great recruiter for UGA. And seemingly a safe hire.  Lost his edge?  Calls a lousy game, so far.  Lots of low numbers at USCe too. 

1 minute ago, MaitlandTiger said:

Definitely a great recruiter for UGA. And seemingly a safe hire.  Lost his edge?  Calls a lousy game, so far.  Lots of low numbers at USCe too. 

Suppose to be a great qb coach too.. his play calling is suspect at best.. 

Well, boys, we escaped today. I know how invested all of you are in our boys. It would be a lesser life without the bond we have with AU athletics, football in particular.  I personally agree with all of you in that I don’t think there is anything truly special in this trio of coaches, but you never now. My poor brother is a diehard FSU fan. So it could be worse. Also, maybe we regroup and everything gets better?

• Like 5

At least Harsin had the balls to pull Bo. I really don't care how much Bo's mechanics have improved, his end results have not improved. He is still a mediocre (at best) SEC QB.

But I'm not putting it all on Bo. There were pre-game threads about show up, give a crap.

The entire team was off in a different world today. The defense was apparently playing in a different parallel universe than this game.

And THAT. IS. ON. HARSIN. and his coaching staff. The entire team was not focused, was not ready.

Looking forward to LSU? It is up to the coaches to make sure that doesn't happen, ever.

I supported the Harsin hire until he proved that he is not the leader I expected him to be by refusing to get vaccinated and contracting COVID and missing critical fall practice time.

I will no longer defend him.

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, autiger88 said:

So not even a full season in and this nonsense good lord some of y'all on here are nuts. Also Sam Pittman only won 3 games last season 3 in his first year. Yall wanna compare to that? I'm so damn confused 🤷 

Bingo. I mean what in the hell had Arkansas and Ole Miss done for real prior to today. Any SEC west titles? Playoffs? They both have had struggle victories against inferior opponents like Auburn did today. Even Lord Saban lost to LAMO in year one…maybe UA should have canned him 

Edited by PoetTiger
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, DAG said:

A little bit preliminary but I am here... Give me your best shot.

Disappointment isn't even the word. I heard people try to lay this at the foot of Gus. NO! I have seen too many coaches come in and change attitude in season 1. Look at someone like Sam Pittman. Those rag tag hogs are fighting their asses off. I can admit when I am wrong and clearly I was 110% wrong. Even if we were to win this game, I am not impressed. This is three games now, where we have started somewhat slow or down right undisciplined. CDM was a big one for me this summer and he has been awful. The defense has no swagger, they miss tackles and just look plain loss. I am done hearing words. I need to see action now.

Let me have it

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47zhqohvdf4yqhcpbc2l

We had our agree to disagree moment. U here for all the smoke. Nothing else left to say. I am just glad they won

• Like 1

All y'all Gus bussers y'all realize the team has looked like this with him or maybe even worse. Things may not look good but would not be better If he was retained. Y'all try to make us look bad but y'all are the same hoping for Harsin to fail.

• Like 4

Uh this is not the coaching... Maybe Bobo has been around the block too much. But we have a terrible offensive line, a new defense, a new offense... This was a 6 win team last year. We were terrible. We need this guy to whip them into shape. We had a huge let down but stepped up when we needed to. All of the stories this week was on Penn St not Georgia St..

Pittman's team won 3 games last year. It took work to change their losing... Not just a Coaching change. 

There's going to have to be a whole culture change and it's going to take more than 3-4 games. 

Everyone calm down. Trust the process. Jesus Christ. 

Edited by Randman5000
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1