QB1 TJ Finley!

tgrogan21

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Man it's Bo at all cost with some lol. Do you know the type of hater you have to be to say if the wr wouldn't have gotten open you never would've made the play....I think that's what they are saying on the paid board. 

There are some on the paid board who have minimized TJ’s accomplishment, but, from memory, most folks over there have not taken that position.  

I personally don’t know how TJ will turn out, but to repeat myself, I think he earned the right to start and should have the same long leash that Bo was given.  

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

I don't even care about this stupid post he made. I got more frustrated with his prediction post for LSU. He threw a jab at Finley saying he'll sulk on the bench after losing despite there being no evidence or support for that take. It just seems like he either hates Finley or just loves Bo too much to see clearly. Bo has the most fan love I've ever seen from a mediocre 3rd year starter.

But it's Bo that's always "attacked"  I don't think there's been another player where people wanted to succeed so badly to be honest. But that's me. But the throw an int and sulk on the bench was pathetic.

When I called him out after the game he kept saying I didn't say that. I didn't say that as if he didn't care one way or the other who was playing qb.

You just have to wait and let a guy keep posting. You can't hide forever!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

There are some on the paid board who have minimized TJ’s accomplishment, but, from memory, most folks over there have not taken that position.  

I personally don’t know how TJ will turn out, but to repeat myself, I think he earned the right to start and should have the same long leash that Bo was given.  

Yeah, I didn't know. I was just guessing, I just didn't feel that one person would come up with the only reason is the wr got open thing. It just seemed like to get that silly it would take a few people to come up with that lol

44 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

I don't even care about this stupid post he made. I got more frustrated with his prediction post for LSU. He threw a jab at Finley saying he'll sulk on the bench after losing despite there being no evidence or support for that take. It just seems like he either hates Finley or just loves Bo too much to see clearly. Bo has the most fan love I've ever seen from a mediocre 3rd year starter.

Exactly, that post on the prediction thread was so far out of bounds. Like a Bo Nix throw! (sorry)

• Haha 1

I go back-and-forth on whether to start Finley or Bo. 
I think Finley deserves to start but I hate the fact that the first game he would start would be a night game at LSU, his old team. His emotions will be running super high and I am afraid he will try too hard. It is a tall order. 
Then again, I think Bo is just not any good, especially the way the coaches are using him. He is not a good passer. I had so much faith in him leading us to the promise land a few years ago, and now after too many disappointments, I just think he is done.

It is almost like We need Bo to start, but I already know that we will need Finley to come in and save the day when he implodes. 

Glad I am not a coach trying to make that decision.

So…In the end I would start Finley because he deserves it. We already know what we are getting with Bo: An L on the road. We need to try something different. 

Edited by gr82b4au

17 hours ago, cole256 said:

But it's Bo that's always "attacked"  I don't think there's been another player where people wanted to succeed so badly to be honest. But that's me. But the throw an int and sulk on the bench was pathetic.

When I called him out after the game he kept saying I didn't say that. I didn't say that as if he didn't care one way or the other who was playing qb.

You just have to wait and let a guy keep posting. You can't hide forever!

You kept saying(again and again) that I said Bo would improve a lot/get more accurate.  I never claimed such a thing.  It's nice to see you are switching around the lie a bit though now.

18 hours ago, cole256 said:

Man it's Bo at all cost with some lol.

The issue is you're mistaking what some of us view as inevitable and mostly due to a lack of better options as feeling

strongly about Bo's play.  Or that Bo is a good qb.  I was rather clear that I don't think Bo is a good qb.  He's mediocre imo if being viewed generously.  But I think due to all the things I mentioned(and others interpreted correctly mostly) that he will still have a bunch(and I mean a bunch) of starts left in him for auburn.

19 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

I was hanging by a thread, had to give up here.

"Sentinel event" (death) or "seminal moment" (potentially life changing)?

A sentinel event in health care can be more than death.  A patient can have a serious fall in the hospital and that be a sentinel event.  Basically it's just some negative event that is impactful for the patient.  We use that term a lot in medicine and I was carrying it over to another area.  I realize it's only used in health care settings but I thought the meaning would be clear.

18 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

The guy really thinks Bo is gonna throw for 7,400 yards in the next year and a half.

These paragraphs are hilarious to me:

Next two and a half years, which is pretty reasonable and note that it would mean he may not be playing all that great.  Probably well enough to keep his job as he has to this point, and I certainly wouldn't say he is playing well.

Basically you are thinking either TJ will beat Bo out, or DD will beat Bo out next year.  I addressed these 

possibilities already- we'll know more about TJ after saturday, and regarding DD I don't love the chance that a guy with no 

experience who is likely a raw passer will come in and beat out a guy who has made almost 40 career starts.  Especially with a coaching staff going into year #2 who is going to start to want to win.

It may happen, but that's not what I think is most likely.  And if one of those doesn't happen.....then yes, Bo is going to rack up a lot of stats just because any qb out on the field with the offensive numbers of today for 50ish starts is going to amass a ton of counting stats.  

Me saying "bo is likely to hold all the auburn records" doesn't mean I think Bo will be a good qb.  That's an important distinction.  

31 minutes ago, Auburninbham said:

You kept saying(again and again) that I said Bo would improve a lot/get more accurate.  I never claimed such a thing.  It's nice to see you are switching around the lie a bit though now.

You did say Bo would get better but I'm done with that. And it's still ab bunch of words to cover up i see. I'm sure you read many people had problems with what you said about tj.....if you wanted to address anything you'd start there, but you want to go back and try to rehash some pointless argument.

A bunch of words to deflect around a point

1 hour ago, Auburninbham said:

Next two and a half years

Soooo... you think Bo Nix will be a 5 year starter. Interesting. Guess it's possible because of Covid. But assuredly only possible in the most literal sense of the word and not by any practical definition. 

BSPN's "Stanford Steve" claims after TJ replaced Nix last week, Bo was sulking by himself down the other end of the field while his team tried to make a come back. I watched Bo after TJ replaced him and never saw Bo do this. Like Forde's AU coaching search hatchet job, camgate, etc - somebody has got to be paying these tools to go out of their way to villainize everything Auburn.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Soooo... you think Bo Nix will be a 5 year starter. Interesting. Guess it's possible because of Covid. But assuredly only possible in the most literal sense of the word and not by any practical definition. 

I "think" he's saying "if he starts".  I could be reading his long posts wrong, but IDK

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

You did say Bo would get better but I'm done with that. And it's still ab bunch of words to cover up i see. I'm sure you read many people had problems with what you said about tj.....if you wanted to address anything you'd start there, but you want to go back and try to rehash some pointless argument.

A bunch of words to deflect around a point

No, for the 100th time I said something along the lines of maybe he gets a little better, maybe a little worse, probably about the same.    Like most qbs. The general theme I expressed was certainly not anything like what you kept claiming I said. And I note that you've changed it again-earliert it was you saying I said he was going to get more accurate(which then you then said equaled better), and I definately never said that.  Maybe you were thinking of some other poster I dunno....

Also, coming from you the "I'm sure you read that many people had problems with what you said....." is sorta funny.  That said, that's always a poor argument(to point out that an opinion isn't popular).

As for the original point, I think part of the issue was you and others here assumed I think highly of Bo and am a Bo fan.  Perhaps you think I believe Bo is a good qb with a lot of upside like the posters you are often getting into back and forths on here with.  And since I have mostly lurked before you just assumed that was my line of thought.  I can assure you I don't think Bo is a very good qb.  He's mediocre at best.  

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Yes, that's what I think.  I can't predict the future, but I think there is at least a good chance of this.  He's already been the starter for 2.25 and it's not like we have a Trevor Lawrence/Justin Fields/Brock Berlin/Chris Simms type level or hyped 

high school recruit that is a sure thing to step into the job.  And the transfer portal is always a possibility like we saw with TJ this offseason.  

But to think that it's "not practical by any definition" that Bo Nix will continue to hold off TJ and then beat out DD and any other new recruit....I just don't see that.  It may happen or it may not; time will tell.

8 minutes ago, Auburninbham said:

No, for the 100th time I said something along the lines of maybe he gets a little better, maybe a little worse, probably about the same.    Like most qbs. The general theme I expressed was certainly not anything like what you kept claiming I said. And I note that you've changed it again-earliert it was you saying I said he was going to get more accurate(which then you then said equaled better), and I definately never said that.  Maybe you were thinking of some other poster I dunno....

Also, coming from you the "I'm sure you read that many people had problems with what you said....." is sorta funny.  That said, that's always a poor argument(to point out that an opinion isn't popular).

As for the original point, I think part of the issue was you and others here assumed I think highly of Bo and am a Bo fan.  Perhaps you think I believe Bo is a good qb with a lot of upside like the posters you are often getting into back and forths on here with.  And since I have mostly lurked before you just assumed that was my line of thought.  I can assure you I don't think Bo is a very good qb.  He's mediocre at best.  

Bunch of words again to dance around how you said the bs sulk stuff and that makes anything else you say look skewed. If you don't want to talk about that nobody is going to read your novels. That's it