QB1 TJ Finley!

tgrogan21

Just now, au302 said:

Big time by Finley to step in and save the day, but the effort as a whole was awful

That is exactly right.  The overall team performance sucked, but to not give TJ credit makes me wonder why someone is not willing to do that. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, aubaseball said:

14 points were scored by the defense.   One was a hundred yard return.   That goes from winning to losing by 14 on just one play.  
how many times does it have to be said, our oline is not good enough to just run the ball.   GA has the best dline in the SEC.   Auburn will not run the ball on them. 

I don't disagree. We can't beat uga and likely bama this year without balance and more of a deep threat, but we can win some of our other games that we will lose if we don't change what we are doing.  The O-line got enough push at PSU for us to drive nearly the length of the field mostly on the ground.  Of course, we then abandoned what we were doing and started launching throws downfield on our next possession.

We could also use a little creativity in the run game.  Not the kind of creativity that produced that ridiculous call out of the half at PSU, but the kind that confuses a defense.

Edited by AU9377

5 minutes ago, wareagleguy said:

It’s a theme with AU the past few days, Harsin mentioned it a couple of times after the game! I wonder if he plays?! 🤔

Yes, he did!

He doesn't strike me as the type with the patience for chess. But you never know. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

I'm pretty scared for our RBs and QB this game.  It's going to be a blood bath unless something changes

I feel confident that LSU will play man press on our wideouts and then load the box to get after the QB and RB. LSU will definitely be focused on lighting our QB up, doesn't matter who it is. Our O-line cannot handle D-line stunting. Saturday I saw a looping defensive lineman run right by Tank while getting after Bo. I don't think Tank ever saw him. The way we have been playing it could be a long and difficult night. If we are to have any chance of winning the O-line will have to dominate the line of scrimmage like they haven't done so far this year. I hope they do.

War Eagle!

10 minutes ago, cbo said:

I had to google "chess."

Fictional sport created so that Anya Taylor Joy could defeat the Russians and establish global American supremacy. She really is an angel sent from heaven to save us from ourselves. Damn fine gambit on her, too.

Also an underrated pie.

• Love 1
  • Haha 4

16 minutes ago, CodeRocket said:

I feel confident that LSU will play man press on our wideouts and then load the box to get after the QB and RB. LSU will definitely be focused on lighting our QB up, doesn't matter who it is. Our O-line cannot handle D-line stunting. Saturday I saw a looping defensive lineman run right by Tank while getting after Bo. I don't think Tank ever saw him. The way we have been playing it could be a long and difficult night. If we are to have any chance of winning the O-line will have to dominate the line of scrimmage like they haven't done so far this year. I hope they do.

War Eagle!

I didn't realize that LSU leads the SEC in sacks.  I'm a little worried about that with our OL.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Fictional sport created so that Anya Taylor Joy could defeat the Russians and establish global American supremacy. She really is an angel sent from heaven to save us from ourselves. Damn fine gambit on her, too.

Also an underrated pie.

I watch a lot of TV, so I understood most of these words. 

Loof, we agree on most everything, so I'm not sure how you will take this. I think Anna Taylor Joy is very weird looking. And not in the titillating way. In the "what exactly happened here?" way. I am deeply sorry. 

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Angry 1

14 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I didn't realize that LSU leads the SEC in sacks.  I'm a little worried about that with our OL.

Probably a fool's gold stat this early. Racked up 8 against McNeese, 5 against Central Michigan, 4 against UCLA and 1 against Mississippi State. 

Edited by AUDub
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I don't feel like our Oline is too terrible. Not great, sure. But I don't remember many sacks allowed. I know there were zero at Penn State. 

1 hour ago, cbo said:

Loof, we agree on most everything, so I'm not sure how you will take this. I think Anna Taylor Joy is very weird looking. And not in the titillating way. In the "what exactly happened here?" way. I am deeply sorry. 

Think you just got placed on his ignore list.

Personally, I like her better as a brunette. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, cbo said:

I'm sorry this didn't work out. I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

• Haha 5

My question is why do we have moderators diminishing what TJ did? Of course we had no business being in that position . Of course he has a lot of work to do , but to go out of your way to say paint in a negative light . Some of y’all really showing yourselves. Kid needed some confidence and if that caused his confidence to go up even .01 % then great. Now let’s work hard to be 1-0 again this weekend. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

My question is why do we have moderators diminishing what TJ did? Of course we had no business being in that position . Of course he has a lot of work to do , but to go out of your way to say paint in a negative light . Some of y’all really showing yourselves. Kid needed some confidence and if that caused his confidence to go up even .01 % then great. Now let’s work hard to be 1-0 again this weekend. 

Speaking of, I want to reiterate a shoutout to Harsin for letting Finley throw the damned ball a few weeks ago. Who knew it might have paid off against Georgia State and helped to prevent one of the worst losses in school history. Not only might it have given Finley some needed confidence, but it also might have contributed to a little rapport with his receivers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DAG said:

I definitely got the sense from Finley's post game interview that he has a lot of self belief. We all know he came here with the intent of playing, but at some point you probably start to wonder whether you will ever see the field playing behind a third-year starter. Now he doesn't have to wonder. He knows he's being given a legitimate shot. He knows that the coaching staff believes in him. That has to do tremendous things for his confidence.

I wish I could be a fly on the wall in practice this week. On the one hand you have Bo Nix who for the first time in his life isn't the starting quarterback, trying to do everything in his power to prove he can still be the guy. On the other hand you have TJ Finley, with a new found sense of confidence doing everything he can to cement himself in that role. I bet those guys compete harder this week than they ever have in their lives. 

Edited by Barnacle
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Her world, we're all living in it, queen of my dreams, etc

I loved that series. I wish it could have had a sequel...

And that actress was perfect playing that character..

• Love 2

14 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Yeah that WILL be a problem if we can't get the running game going.

Harsin feeds off that play action stuff, but it only works if the runnging game is working. If we can get chunk yards from the ground game, then Harsin can call those play action passes, that freezes the LBs and/or safties, and then I hope whoever is the QB can hit open crossing WRs in the middle of the field.

If we can't run the ball, both of or QBs have weaknesses taht don't play well in just passing the ball.

20 hours ago, wareagleguy said:

Do you play chess? Just curious.

I love chess 

pie, and I eat it OTB (Out tha Box) all the time. Oh wait, I think I misunderstood what y’all were discussing. Gotta spend less time in the cooking thread.

6 hours ago, DAG said:

Hey when they said the only reason he completed the pass was because the wr got open nothing to brag about......💀

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

I encourage everyone to listen to this guys show if they haven’t yet. Let’s just say the analytics and film are not in Bo’s favor when you compare the film. 

But he looks awkward 

48 minutes ago, toddc said:

I love chess 

pie, and I eat it OTB (Out tha Box) all the time. Oh wait, I think I misunderstood what y’all were discussing. Gotta spend less time in the cooking thread.

Yes, almost not quite! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

I encourage everyone to listen to this guys show if they haven’t yet. Let’s just say the analytics and film are not in Bo’s favor when you compare the film. 

Did he post a chart for TJ?

On 9/27/2021 at 4:29 PM, CCTAU said:

Why do you hate Dematrius Davis....

I (obviously) don't "hate" him. :-\

But he is a true freshman with zero game experience, much less SEC game experience.

Edited by homersapien

29 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I (obviously) don't "hate" him. :-\

But he is a true freshman with zero game experience, much less SEC game experience.

Nope that's what you said

47 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Nope that's what you said

Then quote me.  You're wrong. 

Further more that's an outrageous accusation. I have never even implied such a thing. Why would I say such a thing?  Why would anybody say such a thing.

I am looking forward to seeing him play, I just don't think starting him over Bo or JT is a smart thing to do.

Edited by homersapien