QB1 TJ Finley!

tgrogan21

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

I trust your memory more than my own and I am grateful for our shared ignorance!

I'm right there with you guys. That's why I'm asking the question. I need to know which player to blindly criticize!

• Haha 4

@cole256 Here's every play from Finely.  I honestly don't see him too antsy in the pocked.  I don't see the play I described earlier ITT, idk maybe too much brown water by that point.  The 4th down play was probably the most "out of control" he was in the pocket. 

• 1 Drop from a WR on a cross (that all of a sudden gets him to 63%)
  • 1 incomplete probably should have been PI on the 2nd and Goal screen
  • The throw to Shenker for the long gain was a nice pass w/ good location, probably wasn't a catch though.
  • 1 telegraphed pass that was a near pick and possibly a pick 6 the other way...but he did identify the blitz and that WR as his hot route pre snap.
  • Lots of over throws on deeper passes, which outside the screen/shallow crossing drop were all of his incompletions.
  • Couple nice scrambles/shifting in the pocket where he dumped it off short for the 1st down.  I don't think Bo makes these simple plays

Over all I think he looked good in the pocket and on 2 breakdowns he found a WR to dump the ball off to for a 1st down.

The biggest thing is we HAVE TO HAVE TO HAVE TO hit some of these damn deep balls.  The WRs are open.  The pass has to be made by the QB.  I hope Finely has a full we with the #1s, gets some better timing & has the full game plan, and performs well vs LSU.

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

@cole256 Here's every play from Finely.  I honestly don't see him too antsy in the pocked.  I don't see the play I described earlier ITT, idk maybe too much brown water by that point.  The 4th down play was probably the most "out of control" he was in the pocket. 

• 1 Drop from a WR on a cross (that all of a sudden gets him to 63%)
  • 1 incomplete probably should have been PI on the 2nd and Goal screen
  • The throw to Shenker for the long gain was a nice pass w/ good location, probably wasn't a catch though.
  • 1 telegraphed pass that was a near pick and possibly a pick 6 the other way...but he did identify the blitz and that WR as his hot route pre snap.
  • Lots of over throws on deeper passes, which outside the screen/shallow crossing drop were all of his incompletions.
  • Couple nice scrambles/shifting in the pocket where he dumped it off short for the 1st down.  I don't think Bo makes these simple plays

Over all I think he looked good in the pocket and on 2 breakdowns he found a WR to dump the ball off to for a 1st down.

The biggest thing is we HAVE TO HAVE TO HAVE TO hit some of these damn deep balls.  The WRs are open.  The pass has to be made by the QB.  I hope Finely has a full we with the #1s, gets some better timing & has the full game plan, and performs well vs LSU.

The thing I worry with him and actually I do with all big arm guys is they push it to the limits, so him trusting his arm too much and turning the ball over

4 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Seriously though. @cbo good to have to around.

So you and loof is going to take my guy and let him join you? Cold world

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, cole256 said:

The thing I worry with him and actually I do with all big arm guys is they push it to the limits, so him trusting his arm too much and turning the ball over

Outside maybe the hot read to the near side of the field on the blitz, I didn't see a "dangerous" throw.  I get what you're saying.  I hope he get's a full opportunity Saturday

22 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Cold indeed. As a compromise, I propose that @McLoofusand I get @cboon Mondays, Wednesdays, and every other weekend, plus you get full custody in the basketball forum. 

Edited by Barnacle
  • Haha 3

Just now, Barnacle said:

Cold indeed. As a compromise, I propose that @McLoofusand I get @cboon Mondays, Wednesdays, and every other weekend, plus you get full custody in the basketball forum. 

I need him on Sundays and Mondays. That's when I'm getting killed and I need back up. And loof is usually taking Sunday off

• Like 1

Just now, cole256 said:

I need him on Sundays and Mondays. That's when I'm getting killed and I need back up. And loof is usually taking Sunday off

Sundays only. Mondays are lonely and I need friends. 

• Like 2

I Think if given some time Findley will mesh with the receivers and start hitting more of those down field throws than not... I think he showed a LOT of potential and grit....

I LOVE SHIVERS in at slot and in motion gives the D something to always think about with speed PLUS he can run it or catch a pass in space... 

I think THIS team cannot  run the ball down a good teams throat like we ALL want... just not gonna be able to...

I think obviously most good team will load the box and blitz and make one of the QB's beat us and until we start hitting those deeper ones and even intermediate throws they will continue to dare us and stop the run...

I think THIS team has to throw to set up our running game.

I think that's what they are / have been TRYING to do and work on with the QB and receivers especially this last game...

and I think TJ may be the better QB to try and do it with..

But I believe we may see basically a 2 QB system of sorts, as to what TJ is able to do and Some of what Bo is able to do based on the opponent... I think we are gonna need Both of them at times.. and i'm ok with that, whatever works.

I also think maybe given time and a decent O line TJ could be a very very good QB. 

I also think if we start hitting more than HALF of the throws our running game will be wide open with Tank, Hunter and Shivers speed.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, cole256 said:

20 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

18 minutes ago, cole256 said:

16 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Sundays only. Mondays are lonely and I need friends. 

I love this conversation so much. 

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Feel free to chime in. I guess I should have asked whether Mondays and Wednesdays are good for you, too?

Lol at the notion that I've had any say in which days are good for what for me in the last 9 1/2 years. That's very sweet of you, though. No, seriously, I do appreciate the thought. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Lol at the notion that I've had any say in which days are good for what for me in the last 9 1/2 years. That's very sweet of you, though. No, seriously, I do appreciate the thought. 

Anytime. I'm here for you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've always felt Finley had a huge upside.  He's cool in the pocket, keeps his eyes downfield and has such a quick release.

He just needs a little work on his long balls. If our wide receivers and OL step up a just little, he could be special.

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, homersapien said:

If our wide receivers and OL step up, he could be special.

Couldn't that be said of any or the QBs?

• Like 1

Going to be an interesting choice by the coaches. Neither QB played that great and both made bad throws. TJ did get the winning drive. Bo has had winning drives as well. I guess if i was choosing i'd go TJ just to see how he does starting the game. See if he can hold up against the rush and stayed poised. It would be a great story if he was able to lead us to a win in BR!

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Bro you guys aren't taking him from me. I mentored you guys you turn on me, pair up, then take my guy whom I've groomed to replace you? You just don't want to see me happy

• Haha 3