QB1 TJ Finley!

tgrogan21

Just now, homersapien said:

Then quote me.  You're wrong.

Whoa feisty! Hope you don't have to around people today! 

See how that works? 😀

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Whoa feisty! Hope you don't have to around people today! 

See how that works? 😀

I expect an apology for your mistake.  A PM will suffice.

Edited by homersapien

29 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I expect an apology for your mistake.  A PM will suffice.

Lol it's ok to be wrong. You'll live!

Well as I predicted shortly after the game things have settled down and the smart money is on Bo to start Saturday night.  And if he plays ok, it's *his* job going forward.  I thought TJ may start and then Bo replace him shortly afterwards, but I did say that bo is likely remained entrenched as qb1 going forward.  

I urged caution seeing all the immediate overreaction right after the game....several posters here and plenty of people on social media acted like this was some sort of sentinel moment that represents definitive change going forward.  As I pointed out it represented no such thing.  TJ does deserve props for the 98 yard drive, but outside of him becoming a much better qb and convincing CBH that he should be the guy, Bo Nix will likely remain the clear qb1 for Auburn.

And going forward, when do we expect that to change?  The thing about Nix is that his greatest asset to have secured the starter position for so long isn't so much his play over these years(because on the whole it is has been average at best but more realistically below average outside of creampuff opponents) but the lack of competition.  We all knew CGM wasn't going to say "ok cord, you're up" when Bo struggled.  Now with TJ it is a *little* different and we can already see in one particular situation he was pulled and TJ stepped up, but I just get the sense that Auburn and CBH do not want TJ to be 'the guy' going forward.  So that yet again is the saving grace for Bo.  

And looking to the future, where/who is that guy who will be the guy that remains a below average to average at best qb from the position?(and not just for a qtr).  DD is a true freshman who I don't think is a guy that CBH ultimately envisions as being 'the guy'. Certainly not this year, and likely not next.  After all, lets look ahead to the challenge DD would face in wrestling the job away from Bo next year.

In Bo you have a guy who will have made something like 36 or whatever starts at that point!!  That's a massive amount of playing time and experience.  Compared to someone who has never played at this level or taken just a few snaps, that's a lot for DD to overcome vs Bo.  Even if he is truly a better qb than Bo, he's not likely to make up for that gap.  And the Auburn staff will know that because of the covid year if they go with Bo he still has 2 full years left starting with next year.  

Then after that, what are seeing on the recruiting trail down the line that we might snag who could possibly challenge Bo his 5th(!) year at Auburn.  You'd have another situation where we're expecting a true freshman to compete against someone who has made about 50(!) starts at that point.  It's just an uphill battle to unseat Bo.  Not because he has played well(he hasn't....far from it) though.  

I think, barring something unexpected Saturday night(like TJ looking very good and Bo bad), it's going to really settle in after the game and the next week or so that not only is Bo still qb1, but he's going to likely be qb1 for another 30something(!) starts.  I know that's a frustrating feeling for many fans(and comforting for others), but I think that's where we are at.  The power of incumbency and experience is strong I guess.  

What does that mean?  Well it means Bo is going to hold every career record of value at Auburn by a *wide* margin.  Looking at career passing yards, he is about 2400 yards behind Stan White now.  So he's likely going to break that early next year, and by the time he is done he will probably be 4-5000 yards ahead of the next guy after the 2023 season.

Looking at career touchdowns, Pat Sullivan holds the record at 53.  Bo is at 33. He probably won't get there this year, but thats another one I would expect him to pass sometime in the middle of next year.  Wouldn't be surprised to see him beat it by +20-30 tds for his career.  

Looking at career wins, Jason Campbell holds the record with 33.  Bo is at 18.  If we win 4 more games this year and finish say 7-6 after the bowl(pretty conservative), that takes Bo to 22.  So year barring a collapse in Auburn football he will fly by that record too, likely early in the 2023 season.  

When the story on Bo Nix is written, he will have all the Auburn records.  Hopefully there will be a special season in 2022 or 2023 attached to all those career records like there was with Jason Campbell in 2004.  If not however and he continues to play like he has for the first half of his career, the story of his success will be more due gaining the starting job in 2019 and then using the powers of incumbency and experience to hold onto that position for what will seem like centuries due to auburn being unable to bring in a special player who can overcome those advantages for him.  

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1
  • Dislike 2

1 minute ago, Auburninbham said:

Well as I predicted shortly after the game things have settled down and the smart money is on Bo to start Saturday night.  And if he plays ok, it's *his* job going forward.  I thought TJ may start and then Bo replace him shortly afterwards, but I did say that bo is likely remained entrenched as qb1 going forward.  

I urged caution seeing all the immediate overreaction right after the game....several posters here and plenty of people on social media acted like this was some sort of sentinel moment that represents definitive change going forward.  As I pointed out it represented no such thing.  TJ does deserve props for the 98 yard drive, but outside of him becoming a much better qb and convincing CBH that he should be the guy, Bo Nix will likely remain the clear qb1 for Auburn.

And going forward, when do we expect that to change?  The thing about Nix is that his greatest asset to have secured the starter position for so long isn't so much his play over these years(because on the whole it is has been average at best but more realistically below average outside of creampuff opponents) but the lack of competition.  We all knew CGM wasn't going to say "ok cord, you're up" when Bo struggled.  Now with TJ it is a *little* different and we can already see in one particular situation he was pulled and TJ stepped up, but I just get the sense that Auburn and CBH do not want TJ to be 'the guy' going forward.  So that yet again is the saving grace for Bo.  

And looking to the future, where/who is that guy who will be the guy that remains a below average to average at best qb from the position?(and not just for a qtr).  DD is a true freshman who I don't think is a guy that CBH ultimately envisions as being 'the guy'. Certainly not this year, and likely not next.  After all, lets look ahead to the challenge DD would face in wrestling the job away from Bo next year.

In Bo you have a guy who will have made something like 36 or whatever starts at that point!!  That's a massive amount of playing time and experience.  Compared to someone who has never played at this level or taken just a few snaps, that's a lot for DD to overcome vs Bo.  Even if he is truly a better qb than Bo, he's not likely to make up for that gap.  And the Auburn staff will know that because of the covid year if they go with Bo he still has 2 full years left starting with next year.  

Then after that, what are seeing on the recruiting trail down the line that we might snag who could possibly challenge Bo his 5th(!) year at Auburn.  You'd have another situation where we're expecting a true freshman to compete against someone who has made about 50(!) starts at that point.  It's just an uphill battle to unseat Bo.  Not because he has played well(he hasn't....far from it) though.  

I think, barring something unexpected Saturday night(like TJ looking very good and Bo bad), it's going to really settle in after the game and the next week or so that not only is Bo still qb1, but he's going to likely be qb1 for another 30something(!) starts.  I know that's a frustrating feeling for many fans(and comforting for others), but I think that's where we are at.  The power of incumbency and experience is strong I guess.  

What does that mean?  Well it means Bo is going to hold every career record of value at Auburn by a *wide* margin.  Looking at career passing yards, he is about 2400 yards behind Stan White now.  So he's likely going to break that early next year, and by the time he is done he will probably be 4-5000 yards ahead of the next guy after the 2023 season.

Looking at career touchdowns, Pat Sullivan holds the record at 53.  Bo is at 33. He probably won't get there this year, but thats another one I would expect him to pass sometime in the middle of next year.  Wouldn't be surprised to see him beat it by +20-30 tds for his career.  

Looking at career wins, Jason Campbell holds the record with 33.  Bo is at 18.  If we win 4 more games this year and finish say 7-6 after the bowl(pretty conservative), that takes Bo to 22.  So year barring a collapse in Auburn football he will fly by that record too, likely early in the 2023 season.  

When the story on Bo Nix is written, he will have all the Auburn records.  Hopefully there will be a special season in 2022 or 2023 attached to all those career records like there was with Jason Campbell in 2004.  If not however and he continues to play like he has for the first half of his career, the story of his success will be more due gaining the starting job in 2019 and then using the powers of incumbency and experience to hold onto that position for what will seem like centuries due to auburn being unable to bring in a special player who can overcome those advantages for him.  

Yeah I'm not reading all that

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 3
  • Dislike 1

16 minutes ago, Auburninbham said:

I urged caution seeing all the immediate overreaction right after the game....several posters here and plenty of people on social media acted like this was some sort of sentinel moment that represents definitive change going forward.  

I was hanging by a thread, had to give up here.

"Sentinel event" (death) or "seminal moment" (potentially life changing)?

2 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

I was hanging by a thread, had to give up here.

"Sentinel event" (death) or "seminal moment" (potentially life changing)?

You saved me the trouble. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Yeah I'm not reading all that

A bunch of words to say I think Bo is the best and I have no reason to believe so. But accept Bo's play and stop talking about it because he's your best option including next year

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, cole256 said:

A bunch of words to say I think Bo is the best and I have no reason to believe so. But accept Bo's play and stop talking about it because he's your best option including next year

Glad I didnt read it then, lol.

Bo would have been better served by not being allowed to speak with media this week.  That said, there is a reason that he was #1 qb going into the fall and the race wasn't close.  I appreciate what TJ was able to accomplish Saturday.  I'm good with either of them getting the start.  I believe that we will likely see both play at some point.

A bigger concern than which one starts is our game plan going in.  That has to be better than it has been the past two games.  That is what the play calls are based on and play calling has to improve.

22 hours ago, cole256 said:

Hey when they said the only reason he completed the pass was because the wr got open nothing to brag about......💀

Bo had a wr come open in the endzone also,he threw it 4feet above his head though.

1 hour ago, Auburninbham said:

We know you hate, Finley. Just admit it and be on your way. Your post in the prediction thread saying Finley would go sulking on the bench was enough for me.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

Please tell us how you know that. 

I personally could guess it just by Bo having been a full time starter for 2 years already and Finley having far less experience.

Clearly their relative talent levels are a lot closer than the person to whom you're replying- and whoever this person is up there with the doctoral thesis (shout out @cole256 and @tgrogan21for summarizing)- would have you believe. 

12 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I personally could guess it just by Bo having been a full time starter for 2 years already and Finley having far less experience.

Clearly their relative talent levels are a lot closer than the person to whom you're replying- and whoever this person is up there with the doctoral thesis (shout out @cole256 and @tgrogan21for summarizing)- would have you believe. 

The guy really thinks Bo is gonna throw for 7,400 yards in the next year and a half.

These paragraphs are hilarious to me:

"What does that mean?  Well it means Bo is going to hold every career record of value at Auburn by a *wide* margin.  Looking at career passing yards, he is about 2400 yards behind Stan White now.  So he's likely going to break that early next year, and by the time he is done he will probably be 4-5000 yards ahead of the next guy after the 2023 season.

Looking at career wins, Jason Campbell holds the record with 33.  Bo is at 18.  If we win 4 more games this year and finish say 7-6 after the bowl(pretty conservative), that takes Bo to 22.  So year barring a collapse in Auburn football he will fly by that record too, likely early in the 2023 season."

He thinks Bo is gonna throw for about 6000 yards in 1.75 years. He thinks Bo will throw for 50 touchdowns in that time frame as well. Despite the fact he's never thrown for more than 2,600 in a full year and hasn't thrown for more than 16 TDs ... This guy is either Bo Nix himself or just a deluded fanboy.

He also said something about Nix getting 30+  more starts. I don't know where he got that number from because there's at best 9 more games left this season. And at the most 16 next year if we go undefeated.

Edit: Sorry, he mentioned the COVID year. But I swear if we have to deal with Bo nix for 5 seasons total as a starter I'll cry. If TJ doesn't take his spot, I fully expect DD to next year.

Edited by tgrogan21
  • Haha 1

You

image.gif

10 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Man it's Bo at all cost with some lol. Do you know the type of hater you have to be to say if the wr wouldn't have gotten open you never would've made the play....I think that's what they are saying on the paid board. 

That's why I don't trip about alot of the mod takes. Somebody is making money on here......you are going to cater to your market

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I personally could guess 

You are spot on by saying you could guess it.  I would have made the same guess, but if the “not even close” statement can be supported by facts, I would like to know what those facts are. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

The guy really thinks Bo is gonna throw for 7,400 yards in the next year and a half.

These paragraphs are hilarious to me:

"What does that mean?  Well it means Bo is going to hold every career record of value at Auburn by a *wide* margin.  Looking at career passing yards, he is about 2400 yards behind Stan White now.  So he's likely going to break that early next year, and by the time he is done he will probably be 4-5000 yards ahead of the next guy after the 2023 season.

Looking at career wins, Jason Campbell holds the record with 33.  Bo is at 18.  If we win 4 more games this year and finish say 7-6 after the bowl(pretty conservative), that takes Bo to 22.  So year barring a collapse in Auburn football he will fly by that record too, likely early in the 2023 season."

He thinks Bo is gonna throw for about 6000 yards in 1.75 years. He thinks Bo will throw for 50 touchdowns in that time frame as well. Despite the fact he's never thrown for more than 2,600 in a full year and hasn't thrown for more than 16 TDs ... This guy is either Bo Nix himself or just a deluded fanboy.

He also said something about Nix getting 30+  more starts. I don't know where he got that number from because there's at best 9 more games left this season. And at the most 16 next year if we go undefeated.

Well literally immediately after the game he no chance with Finley only going to pull it off with Bo

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Man it's Bo at all cost with some lol. Do you know the type of hater you have to be to say if the wr wouldn't have gotten open you never would've made the play....I think that's what they are saying on the paid board. 

That's why I don't trip about alot of the mod takes. Somebody is making money on here......you are going to cater to your market

I don't even care about this stupid post he made. I got more frustrated with his prediction post for LSU. He threw a jab at Finley saying he'll sulk on the bench after losing despite there being no evidence or support for that take. It just seems like he either hates Finley or just loves Bo too much to see clearly. Bo has the most fan love I've ever seen from a mediocre 3rd year starter.

Edited by tgrogan21
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mike4AU said:

You are spot on by saying you could guess it.  I would have made the same guess, but if the “not even close” statement can be supported by facts, I would like to know what those facts are. 

Further summarization reveals that the person making that statement doesn't have a particularly strong grasp on the most basic math, so I don't anticipate those facts being produced. 

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

And the year after apparently.

Hopefully there will be a special season in 2022 or 2023 attached to all those career records like there was with Jason Campbell in 2004. .  

I think he's yanking your chain :roflol: